Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 09:11 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
To think, some characterize P&OC as left leaning. I'm not worried about getting a bullet in my head running from the scene of a B&E gone bad, that will never happen, but most people around here carry and I can easily see one of them shooting me dead because I was running for a bus or something. The talk around here would go something like "serves him right, he should know better than to run while black". Lives in China are pretty cheap... 1.2 billion of anything will bring the unit cost waaaay down. Insurance companies value an employed, white, middle class American at between 1 and 5 million. Actually, human life is priceless. We've forgotten that. If those fisherman had hit a law enforcement officer instead of a juvenile delinquent they would be facing capital murder in most states, they would be quickly re-introduced to how valuable some human lives are. And so would most of you carping about how worthless this girls life was. Because she was out with boys after dark. She deserved to die. I'll never get the Conservative mind.

H
kinda paranoid are ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 09:32 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,918,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
And so would most of you carping about how worthless this girls life was. Because she was out with boys after dark. She deserved to die. I'll never get the Conservative mind.

H
What a clueless post. Do you really think she was shot for being out with boys after dark? They broke and entered. I'll never understand your point of view, that's for sure.

By the way, google "Summer Moody" and see what race she is. I'll bet you won't be so hot to defend her when you come back...

Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Did you read any of the linked articles ?
No, actually. It is difficult to imagine any of them can really justify what happened...

Old 04-21-2012, 01:07 AM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
They sure as hell should not have been breaking in, but someone breaking in doesn't = lets run across the property and shoot our guns off and shoot someoe in the back of the head.

The shooters should be charged with murder.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actions have consequences, if you are breaking the law, you tend to get what you deserve.
How'd that work with Wall Street, or it only teens and petty criminals that you feel that way about?

Old 04-21-2012, 01:15 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
What a clueless post. Do you really think she was shot for being out with boys after dark? They broke and entered. I'll never understand your point of view, that's for sure.

By the way, google "Summer Moody" and see what race she is. I'll bet you won't be so hot to defend her when you come back...
Plenty of clueless to go around then. No, I don't really think she was shot for being out with boys after dark. She was shot because of an appalling lack of care with the use of deadly force. They broke they entered... felony trespassing... not a capital crime in any jurisdiction I know of. As for your last point... you imagine I am a black racist? That I am outraged because I think Summer was black? Wrong! I didn't know, but suspected that Summer was white. That doesn't make me any less angry at the senseless taking of her life. It's your POV that needs adjustment. When we started getting comfortable with the idea that people deserve to get killed when they do stupid things we started down a slippery slope of escalating violence. Where I come from, the onus is on the invadee to get themselves to safety without any loss of life: theirs nor the invaders. Take a life in the process of defending your castle and you had better prove that there was really no other way. What are we doing in America? Making it easier all the time for people to blast away with impunity at one another. Stand Your Ground was a step in the wrong direction but even that wasn't good enough for Florida. They had to completely go off the script and write SYG in such a way that the number of fatal confrontations tripled after its signing. One day America is going to be in want... in need of all the young men and women that have been so senselessly killed in the last couple decades.

H

Old 04-21-2012, 01:34 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
In the American legal primer, the first point should be:

[1] You have rights endowed by your Creator, that government was instituted to help secure.

Your right to life includes all harmless action in support of that life. And if you harm another person or his property, if accidental, you owe compensation or restitution, and if you deliberately harm another person or his property, you are subject to punishment, and owe restitution to the victim and or his survivor(s).

The second point should be:

[2] You have natural liberty and personal liberty, as your endowment. Natural liberty is absolute freedom over your private property, absolutely owned. Personal liberty is the right of locomotion, the freedom to travel upon public highways and waterways, limited only by the not infringing upon the same rights of others.

In short, you have rights endowed at birth, not granted by government. Those rights and liberties are protected by government - until you surrender them - or forfeit them, by criminal acts that result in conviction.

That sums up the introduction to American law.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:17 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Note that the article nowhere states that she was 'running away.' The fact that someone gets shot in the back of the head doesn't necessarily mean anything. Gunfights are quick and dynamic and it's not unheard of for a person to be shot in the back, yet it is ruled a self defense shooting. Nobody here knows exactly what happened here so why speculate? I don't know Alabama law but in my state if she was fleeing (and no threat from the boys), yet she was shot, the shooter would be charged with a crime. And my state (WA) is pretty gun/self-defense-friendly.

I hate to say it this way, but the good news is that she was not black or Al Sharpton would be literally ululating by now.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:47 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
They should have not shot at them. As the law prohibits.

What don't you get about obeying the law?
Cite?

Old 04-21-2012, 06:04 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
LOL

Now they right wing crime avengers are saying Summer Moody had a weapon.....LOL

The shooters are not even claiming that.

Gleefully cheering the manslaughter of a teenager, creating B.S defenses for the shooters.

Right wingers in action.
Ignorantly making excuses for criminals while slamming men who have not been charged with any crime.....LWNJ's in action

What next? Will you try to delve into how we failed those poor teens as a society?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies