Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 08:25 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The real stupid person here.

How stupid must you be to blindly shoot at people running away from you in the dark with a rifle and then claim it was a warning shot? Not on your property, not threatening your life?

Far and away a stupid moron compared to a high school girl out on a juvenile petty crime spree likely instigated by some boys. This could have been anyone's daughter.

In most other kinder nations the only one looking at prison time here would be this moron that decided he was going to be judge, jury, and executioner
Who is stupid, me or the shooter?

She was mostly likely influenced, but that doesn't make it okay. We all have free will, and we all make our own choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am with you. I say if it is a 17 year old out on the street at 4 a.m. go ahead and shoot them before they get a chance to do something bad.
Why would you say something so stupid? For attention, or are you just naturally a jerk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
It's possible her parents didn't know. She mighta snuck out a window or something. Or her parents did know, and aren't about to win any parenting awards, who knows? The way I see some (not all) teens acting in public these days makes me wonder if they're being raised by wolves.

When I was a teenager, a little trespassing and whatnot would get you shot with salt pellets (worst case scenario) and the worst consequence you'd have to deal with sore behind.
The world has obviously changed a lot since then.
The worst I've ever done was mess around in an abandoned house, in broad daylight, and the owner, with a big smile on his face, "scolded" us.

I get that, but shouldn't the parents be held responsible in some way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 08:30 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Why is it always the homeowners' job (in the middle of something scary and violating) to ensure the race, status of armament, age, and intent of the CRIMINAL breaking into their house?

Old 04-21-2012, 08:41 AM

37,179 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The Left is trying their damnedest to make anything illegal normal. That's why they don't like LEGALLY defending yourself.
Yeah, shooting someone in the back has always been acceptable, to some people.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:43 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
B&E? Play stupid games.....win stupid prizes
This is it....^^^

Simple...

Old 04-21-2012, 08:52 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,142,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If we killed everyone for making bad decisions, there would probably be about two people left on earth if even that. What is this ancient Rome? People have lost all respect for human life.
You can believe that foolish liberal propaganda if you want to, somebody breaks in my house or tries to steal my property your catching a bullet in the head.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't see a tragedy... am I the only one that knows that when you attempt to commit a crime, you may lose your life... perhaps this subject matter is too hard for others to understand, maybe it should be taught in school...
It's only hard for liberals, they don't get the concept of self responsibility.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Just curious, do you consider yourself a Christian? I wonder how many of the unforgiving judgmental folks in this thread who believe this girl deserved death for breaking into a fishing camp claim to be. I don't think Jesus would take your side on this one.
Yes, I am a Christian and the bible also says thou shou not steal. So your argument, just like the rest of your arguments in this thread have no merit or no point to them.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yes, I am a Christian and the bible also says thou shou not steal. So your argument, just like the rest of your arguments in this thread have no merit or no point to them.
In addition to that, in regards to sin...there is no degree of sin. They do not say that killing is worse than stealing. Simply put, sin is sin.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
The tough talk is not going to keep you safe.
No, but a 40 caliber glock will.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
The Bible also says "thou shall not kill" or have you forgotton that one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies