Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 11:56 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
What a load of pure horse****. Hope your home is hit next.
It wasn't their's "House nor Fishing Camp"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Why is it always the homeowners' job (in the middle of something scary and violating) to ensure the race, status of armament, age, and intent of the CRIMINAL breaking into their house?
They weren't the "Home Owners".............

Old 04-21-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yes, I am a Christian and the bible also says thou shou not steal. So your argument, just like the rest of your arguments in this thread have no merit or no point to them.
Jesus said if someone steals your coat give him your Cloak also....

Old 04-21-2012, 01:34 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I do agree with you here, this did seem very unneeded. This case shouldn't be compared to Trayvon, Trayvon was attacking and Zimmerman felt his life was being threatened.
If your life is threatened then it is right to defend yourself but unfortunately here this "i was afraid for my life" is just a excuse to open fire on anyone near you.......... bit pathetic really and just cowardly.

To bad these guy's didn't just shoot in the air and call out a warning.
They obviously watch too many John Wayne films.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:43 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
there is a price to pay for breaking the law, it's the way life is.
So tell me, how many personal goods is a life worth??

I find it incredible that people can so cold-heartedly justify killing people to protect their personal inanimate goods.

Peace,
brian

Old 04-21-2012, 01:43 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Jesus said if someone steals your coat give him your Cloak also....
I love how non Christians try to tell Christians how to practice their religion. Anyway since you want to play this game, jesus also said "for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain; he is the servant of God to execute his wrath on the wrongdoer."
Romans13:4

Old 04-21-2012, 01:56 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
When you're running away, you may be armed but not dangerous. But then, I'm no pro-lifer. I'm pro-choicer. I would have given them the choice to run, and call the police.
A simple Google search will tell you more of the story. But I guess it's easier to bleed tears.

Three boys were breaking in to two fishing camps on the island, the girl was on the island with them. Two people on the island heard them, shouted and when they saw the people in their spotlight, (because it was DARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DID YOU MISS THAT PART?), they fired two warning shots. One of those warning shots hit the girl in the head.

Here's a thought: Maybe they shouldn't have been out there trying to steal people's stuff!

Let's also examine what the charge of First Degree Burglary means in the state of Alabama:

http://law.onecle.com/alabama/crimin...e/13A-7-5.html

Quote:
Code of Alabama - Title 13A: Criminal Code - Section 13A-7-5 - Burglary in the first degree
Quote:

Section 13A-7-5 - Burglary in the first degree.

(a) A person commits the crime of burglary in the first degree if he or she knowingly and unlawfully enters or remains unlawfully in a dwelling with intent to commit a crime therein, and, if, in effecting entry or while in dwelling or in immediate flight therefrom, the person or another participant in the crime:
(1) Is armed with explosives; or
(2) Causes physical injury to any person who is not a participant in the crime; or
(3) In effecting entry, is armed with a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument or, while in the dwelling or immediate flight from the dwelling, uses or threatens the immediate use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument against another person. The use of or threatened use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument does not include the mere acquisition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument during the burglary.
(b) Burglary in the first degree is a Class A felony.

So put the bleeding heart away.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:00 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No, No, NO! Talk about unsafe gun handling!

Result could have been just as bad. What goes up must come down.

A shooter is legally, financially, and morally responsible for every round which leaves the barrel of his/her firearm.

Whenever a bullet leaves the barrel there may as well be an itty bitty lawyer attached to it ready to sue should it hit/harm/kill anyone or cause property damage.

Clue: Do not fire "warning" shots.

Actually one of the linked article mentioned that the fishermen had fired warning shots which may give credence to your comment. It said that the fishermen were trying to detain the intruders until law enforcement could arrive. It possibly was as the police said, a case where everything went wrong. Just a tragic accident.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:04 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No. If someone has burglarized my property and is running off, I would want to shoot them. I would be assuming that they have some of my valuables in their possession, and I would want them back. If they are able to run away, even if caught later one, the chances are that I will never get back my valuables.

If you break the law, expect the possibility of violence from those you are stealing from.
And you would land yourself in prison for a nice long stint by doing that. You don't shoot people because you think they have your stuff, you shoot someone if you think your life is in danger.

AGAIN, in this story, it was two WARNING shots, one ended up hitting the girl. It doesn't say the girl was doing the breaking and entering, it said only that she was on the island with them. When the two people on the island put their spotlight out, they saw three males, it does not state they saw the girl.

You shoot a warning shot, bullet has to come down somewhere and if they didn't see her, they didn't know she was there, well...crazier things have happened.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:15 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
$1M question: how can you tell if your life is in danger or not when someone breaks into your house? Do they have to try to kill you first?

You sound like another criminal apologist; I hope you take your own advice if someone robs you in the middle of the night someday.
I think you can assume if someone breaks into your house that they mean to do you harm and shoot first and ask questions later. I have no problem with that. However, this is not what we have in this case. You sound like someone with reading comprehension problems. Read the next couple of sentences slowly as to allow them to fully sink in...they got in a boat and went to another location. These people did not break into their home while they were inside the home. Do you get the difference...probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies