Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 05:45 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times

Advertisements

Don't care if some punk is running off with 20 thousand dollars that was hidden under grandma's mattress ...You don't kill for that reason..."the person was in a place they should have not been"---to para phrase...who cares if they were good or bad kids..that is not the point..no one has the right to harm a good person or an evil one for that matter- we are not GOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 05:52 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
Oh baloney.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:05 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Sad that it happened, but it's tough luck.

Trespassing is one thing, but burglary is entirely something else. That said, I can't agree with someone randomly shooting off their guns into the darkness without knowing what they're gonna hit. It makes the rest of us who ARE responsible gun owners look very bad. To that end, I hope she pulls through alright and takes it as a lesson. It seems like this stuff used to be more or less dealt with outside the use of force, or at least grievous bodilyharm, but unfortunately the world has changed as such that nobody can trust anybody else anymore.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:45 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
What about the other people on here?
What people?

Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
If one of the guys had a gun that was with the girl, they're the ones that would be charged? That makes no sense.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:23 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
So they were breaking in someone's home and one of them got shot? That's sad for her but those are the risks you take when you break the law.

OAN I'm almost tempted to read through these twenty pages to see how many times the word "thug" is used in this thread.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,807,618 times
I don't think that burglars should necessarily
be shot; severely beaten, mebbie.
But when one enters an occupied
dwelling
, they're no longer "just" a
burglar; it has become a home
invasion
and all bets are off.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP;23955032[B
To that end, I hope she pulls through alright and takes it as a lesson.[/b]
There is zero chance of that happening.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:58 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
To think, some characterize P&OC as left leaning. I'm not worried about getting a bullet in my head running from the scene of a B&E gone bad, that will never happen, but most people around here carry and I can easily see one of them shooting me dead because I was running for a bus or something. The talk around here would go something like "serves him right, he should know better than to run while black". Lives in China are pretty cheap... 1.2 billion of anything will bring the unit cost waaaay down. Insurance companies value an employed, white, middle class American at between 1 and 5 million. Actually, human life is priceless. We've forgotten that. If those fisherman had hit a law enforcement officer instead of a juvenile delinquent they would be facing capital murder in most states, they would be quickly re-introduced to how valuable some human lives are. And so would most of you carping about how worthless this girls life was. Because she was out with boys after dark. She deserved to die. I'll never get the Conservative mind.

H

Old 04-20-2012, 09:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
To think, some characterize P&OC as left leaning. I'm not worried about getting a bullet in my head running from the scene of a B&E gone bad, that will never happen, but most people around here carry and I can easily see one of them shooting me dead because I was running for a bus or something. The talk around here would go something like "serves him right, he should know better than to run while black". Lives in China are pretty cheap... 1.2 billion of anything will bring the unit cost waaaay down. Insurance companies value an employed, white, middle class American at between 1 and 5 million. Actually, human life is priceless. We've forgotten that. If those fisherman had hit a law enforcement officer instead of a juvenile delinquent they would be facing capital murder in most states, they would be quickly re-introduced to how valuable some human lives are. And so would most of you carping about how worthless this girls life was. Because she was out with boys after dark. She deserved to die. I'll never get the Conservative mind.

H
Did you read any of the linked articles ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies