Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually, Sundown Saturday to Sundown Friday is when wood may be gathered. Sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday is the Sabbath by which you are executed for working on.
Sure do hope I never have a heart attack during that time.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How is homosexual marriage a "civil right"?
How many times do we have to repeat ourselves. It's getting tiresome. Find a new argument, or go back a few hundred pages and see that same question already answered 10 times.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
"Their" reason is absolutely irrelevant to me, for they were wrong and misguided. I would be quite shocked if society ever reaches a point that informed consent isn't a fundamental requirement for marriage.

There is no other contract in all of law which does not.
marriages have not always been based on consent

your great grand parents would have been shocked that society reached a point that 2 members of the same sex could "marry".

in short things change (I want to remind you practitioners of homosexuality had more "rights" under Roman law (who also allowed parents to murder they're children if they never excepted them) than they did under US law in 1900.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
You seem to be ignoring that Jesus said that he was the fullfillment of the OT law.
Apparently you guys only believe that when you're not quoting Leviticus 18 to condemn gay people. Then apparently Jesus' fulfillment meant nothing and that one still applies.

And:

Matt 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You wouldn't be teaching people not to execute someone for violating leviticus now would you? That makes you the least in the kingdom of heaven.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
And if you are in fact an employer in NY state, they could sue you for unlawful discriminatory practices:

"It shall be an unlawful discriminatory practice: (a) For an employer or licensing agency, because of an individual's age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, or domestic violence victim status, to refuse to hire or employ or to bar or to discharge from employment such individual or to discriminate against such individual in compensation or in terms, conditions or privileges of employment."
right that's why gays are attacking freedom of religion in this country every single day.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Neither am I.
Your posts prove otherwise.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:07 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
your great grand parents would have been shocked that society reached a point that 2 members of the same sex could "marry".
They would also be shocked that unmarried people live together, that women show their ankles in public, and that I don't have a beard.

So what?

Old 05-14-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Where does federal law speak about gay marriage?
DOMA, and several cases circulating through the Federal court systems atm.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Then we're doomed, for practicing homosexual sex has already been found to be a fundamental constitutional right. See Lawrence v. Texas.

Allowing those already having homosexual sex will not cause it to increase.
first of all that was one of the worst supreme court decision ever and was not decided on it's merits but based on activist judges.

anti homosexuality laws pre date the country. and were never though to be illegal till after the gay movement because they were and (truly) are 100% constitutional.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Please, by all means, impart your wisdom upon us mere mortals.
did go back and read the thread from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies