Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 07:12 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,976,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I know that there are a couple of loose lines in the bible that refer to men laying with men but why does that translate into gays not marrying? Why do you believe in those 2-3 sentences literally? Why do you ignore your religion in regards to things like women not wearing pants, no tattoos, wearing mixed fabric clothes, stoning unruly kids etc..? It's makes absolutely no sense.
Most religions reject gay marriage ... and some ... like Islamic Muslims ... will kill you for being gay ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 07:23 PM

289 posts, read 311,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Incest etc are sexual sins, and would probably land you in prison. I just explained how the Bible defines marriage, so why do you ask?
Are you serious? For the moment I'll assume you are....

...and ask you this: Don't you think that the way the Bible "defines marriage" is completely tied up/intertwined with its definition of "sexual sin"? Because not even the Bible allows all man/woman pairings to marry, does it?

So I ask because I would like to know why Christians have put on the blinders regarding all the other sexual sins while pursuing their "crusade" against homosexuality/gay marriage.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:24 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,546 times
Quote:
I didn't say Muslims were any better. We're fortunate to live in a secular society and not a theocracy. Grown ass men marrying 6 year olds is legal in islamic theocracies because Mohammad married a 6 year old when he was over 50. Christians don't get kudos for not being as bad is muslims.
BUT Christians are ALWAYS singled out by the whining left wing dopes aren't they? NEVER is there a mention of any other religious sect when it comes to attacks bny the left...CHRISTIANITY only. I guess that is because the left is 'tolerant' of the muslims who hack the heads off of gays and who treat women as if they are animals.

Really....I am just sick of this one track mind that liberals have.

As for Christians being bad at all??? Who the hell are you to even deem anyone being 'bad'? Why? Because Christians believe something OTHER than you do? Most Christains believe in marriage between a man & a woman...you don't....who are YOU to say Christians are 'bad' because they disagree with you??

Old 05-09-2012, 07:32 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,613,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A lot more religions then Christianity are opposed to excepting the idea that two men can be married as husband and wife. Because for eons, marriage has been about creating babies, children, and new citizens, not about tax breaks, hospital visitation rights and fairytale wedding gowns. Two men having sex is not marriage, its just two buddies having a sexual relationship.
Yes, and then there are some Christians ok with it as well.

Blessing of same-sex unions in Christian churches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christians are just believers in Jesus. Wide variety there. Some of the loud mouths spoil the pot so to speak but it's not as easy as "all Christians hate this or that"

Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,613,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
BUT Christians are ALWAYS singled out by the whining left wing dopes aren't they? NEVER is there a mention of any other religious sect when it comes to attacks bny the left...CHRISTIANITY only. I guess that is because the left is 'tolerant' of the muslims who hack the heads off of gays and who treat women as if they are animals.

As for Christians being bad at all??? Who the hell are you to even deem anyone being 'bad'? Why? Because Christians believe something OTHER than you do? Most Christains believe in marriage between a man & a woman...you don't....who are YOU to say Christians are 'bad' because they disagree with you??
Most Christians? Naw, not really. Some Christians believe this. But so do some of all other religions. We are just a Christian dominant nations right now, but that too is changing with the wind. Thanks to the nutty outspoken Evangelist for this, glad I'm not trying to find my Christian faith now a days. Very difficult.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyfor View Post
Are you serious? For the moment I'll assume you are....
Yes, seriously, in some states like MA, you can get up to 20 years for incest or sex with animals, and as far as I am aware there is only one state where incest is not illegal.

Quote:
...and ask you this: Don't you think that the way the Bible "defines marriage" is completely tied up/intertwined with its definition of "sexual sin"? Because not even the Bible allows all man/woman pairings to marry, does it?
I am not sure what you are saying here.

Quote:
So I ask because I would like to know why Christians have put on the blinders regarding all the other sexual sins while pursuing their "crusade" against homosexuality/gay marriage.
There is no such crusade, and they have not put on blinders on other types of sexual immorality. If the your church finds out you are guilty of sins like incest, adultery, rape, sex with animals, etc I can assure you there would be consequences. If the violation involves a crime like in case of rape, they would probably get the authorities involves, and if it is adultery then they would follow the Biblical guidelines and expel the church member if need be.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:55 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,508,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Anatomy teaches us it is suppose to be a man and a woman. If it is a man and a man it is called Sodomy. It is a sin.

The Homosexual has this in his blood as I or anyone else has Adultery, Pride, Anger, etc.. It is no different.

When a society has decided to condone Homosexuality, it has decided to REBEL against the Creator. Throughout history, this has not worked out well for nations.

All nations that turn their back on YHWH God are brought to a desolate wilderness as recording in Scriptures and history.
Make a thread when the "creator" shows himself and I'll respond. Your comment is pointless otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Those lines actually refer to the act of anal sex IMO. It's not necessarily because of the act itself, but because of potential risks and potential for injury involved. The Old Testament has some examples of God commanding the Jews to do certain things, which, if you think about them, make a lot of sense. For example, shellfish. There is nothing evil about shellfish, but their job is to clean the water and be bottom feeders. They aren't very good for you if you really think about it and their "job" on earth. It's actually good advice given how primative medicine and cooking methods were. Get sick from one clam and you're dunzo. Circumcision is another example, can you imagine the infection if you couldn't regularly clean under there? It was God's way of protecting his chosen people.

Jesus, however, did say something about civil gay marriage IMO, "Give back to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." Mark 12:17
There in lies the issue with religion. It's has everything to do with personal interpretations and nothing to do with facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The thread is about Christians.
You said god..There have been 1000s of different gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Most religions reject gay marriage ... and some ... like Islamic Muslims ... will kill you for being gay ...
Does that make chrisitian discrimination better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post

Who said christians were bad? The christian belief that a certain segment of the population shouldn't have equal rights is BAD. The fact that that those who vote to keep those Americans without equal rights do so because of a christian belief. You can rant and rave all you want but that's the issue. It's pretty simple, if you don't like gay marriage don't get gay married. Problem solved.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,430,472 times
Quote:
I know that there are a couple of loose lines in the bible that refer to men laying with men but why does that translate into gays not marrying? Why do you believe in those 2-3 sentences literally? Why do you ignore your religion in regards to things like women not wearing pants, no tattoos, wearing mixed fabric clothes, stoning unruly kids etc..? It's makes absolutely no sense.
That's the same point I made in another thread. The bible says The Lord hates divorce yet we are free to divorce if the wind blows the wrong way.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,508,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
That's the same point I made in another thread. The bible says The Lord hates divorce yet we are free to divorce if the wind blows the wrong way.
The bible says all kinds of things that christians ignore but christians rarely if ever address them. Even in this thread, not one has addressed the obvious hypocrisy of their beliefs.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,791,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Why do you think it's an abomination?
That's simple to answer; because God said so!!

Can't get no higher AUTHORITY than that of the creator!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies