Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,791,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Make a thread when the "creator" shows himself and I'll respond. Your comment is pointless otherwise.

The Creator did SHOW HIMSELF - !! We have many facts about HIM outside of the bible!!

Concerning Jesus Christ: It was not lawful to call Him a man for He was not a man. He did all of those marvelous things which are written about Him and He rose from the dead on April 3rd.

7 times in the Gospel of John Jesus said HE was God!

12 different people called HIM God.

The old testament made a prediction; For unto US a Son is born; A child is given and HIS HAME shall be called; Wonderful; Counselor; The prince of peace; The MIGHTY GOD - The Everlasting Father. Isaiah 9:6

and all you do... is SLAP HIM in the face with ABSOLUTELY no RESPECT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 08:21 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,196,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Cherry picking as usual.

Christ said nothing about homosexuals. He did say to love one another though. Guess they forgot that part.
The apostle Paul did in his letters to the Romans though. Of course given that it's largely protestants who lead the anti-gay movements and the fact that protestantism itself was a reaction against the abuses of the church as established in Paul's vision as much as that of Jesus if not more so, it's no little irony. Then again considering the overall theological and general ignorance of most so-called christians, our irony cup runneth over.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:05 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,922,259 times
love should be celebrated, not condemned or scoffed at! there's just less and less of it in this world

Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,508,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
The Creator did SHOW HIMSELF - !! We have many facts about HIM outside of the bible!!

Concerning Jesus Christ: It was not lawful to call Him a man for He was not a man. He did all of those marvelous things which are written about Him and He rose from the dead on April 3rd.

The old testament made a prediction; For unto US a Son is born; A child is given and HIS HAME shall be called; Wonderful; Counselor; The prince of peace; The MIGHTY GOD - The Everlasting Father. Isaiah 9:6

There are no contemparary writings that mention a character named jesus doing miracles. The guy was allegedly roaming around the middle east for 30 years and no one besides people in his bible put pen to paper? Not buying it...Sorry, he needs to show himself and prove that he's supernatural. Until that happens he's just a myth like every other god to have ever been proposed.

By your standard, EVERY GOD mentioned in their own holy book is real. Not likely.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:10 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,508,870 times
Quote:
That's simple to answer; because God said so!!

Can't get no higher AUTHORITY than that of the creator!
I'm a higher authority because I actually exist.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:12 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,612,839 times
Quote:

Sorry, but YOU are showing absolutely no respect for God in the way you are evangelizing here. You should model yourself after the way of Christ and lose the prideful scorn with which you treat others, especially those who are non-believers. Just shameful.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:12 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,779,986 times
So, which shellfish am I going to hell for eating? Is it just molluscs? Crustaceans too?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:20 PM

5,297 posts, read 5,249,733 times
Quote:
Make a thread when the "creator" shows himself and I'll respond. Your comment is pointless otherwise.

There in lies the issue with religion. It's has everything to do with personal interpretations and nothing to do with facts.

You said god..There have been 1000s of different gods.

Does that make chrisitian discrimination better?

Who said christians were bad? The christian belief that a certain segment of the population shouldn't have equal rights is BAD. The fact that that those who vote to keep those Americans without equal rights do so because of a christian belief. You can rant and rave all you want but that's the issue. It's pretty simple, if you don't like gay marriage don't get gay married. Problem solved.
This is my issue...I understand not every one because of their personal religious beliefs (no matter how ignorant they are, and ignorance is believing in a fictional book written thousands of years ago by men), will accept or condone gay marriage, but what gives you the right to deny me the same right you have? How does it affect you if I married my boyfriend? Especially when many churches actually do believe in same sex marriage. How do you live with yourself knowing you are denying equality to thousands of loving couples who don't have the same rights b/c you have voted to impose your beliefs on everyone?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:24 PM

5,297 posts, read 5,249,733 times
Quote:
I'm a higher authority because I actually exist.
IT goes to show how irrational and ignorant religious people are.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:53 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,785,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Kindly point out any Christians who advocate the murder of homosexuals. I await your answer.
How about Uganda and the Kill the gays bill? Uganda has a higher population of Christians than the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies