Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 04:52 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,148,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Google Commander-in-Chief.
That doesn't mean that we give him credit for things that have been established in the past i.e. police, military, national guard, ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 04:56 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,148,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Nope, not at all. Pretty stupid. If we know something isn't healthy we should Not allow it on the market for an unsuspecting public to consume.
I agree, so right a letter to the FDA and tell them all about it. Don't hold your breath for a response. like I said, as long as its legal they have a right to put it in their food, if it ever becomes illegal I'll jump on your bandwagon.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:58 PM

913 posts, read 874,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So says our vice president..........

“Air that has too much coal in it, corn syrup next, then a terrorist attack. But that is not in any way to diminish the fact that a terrorist attack is real. It is not an existential threat to bringing down the country, but it does have the capacity, still, to kill thousands of people. But hundreds of thousands of people die and their lives are shortened because of coal plants, coal-fired plants and because of corn syrup.”

I think the greatest threat this country is facing is bumbling idiot communists sitting in DC.

it's worth remembering and trying to understand that corn syrup is the result of farm subsidies. the stuff was subsidized and therefore overproduced. once overproduced, scientists, farmers, pharmas, energy companies, etc started looking into uses for the excess. voila! hope you have a little think before encouraging govt action next time

Old 05-15-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
sure, I'm sure you're al for them selling Meth, heroin, and crack right next to the veggies. And we can go back to drinking our wine out of lead laden cup, worked well for the Roman Empire.

Because corporations have proven time and time again that they will put profits ahead of the health of their customers. Without regulation and inspections people would be dying from the poisons the corporations would feed us.

HFCS is a poison, read the process they go thru to create it. It does not convert to energy, it converts to fat. It isn't a happy coincidence that since HFCS was introduced into the food stream obesity has exploded.

hfcs was introduced as an indirect result of govt interference.

you need regulations not to drink out of lead cups? really? you really have no idea how the regulations you support have destroyed food in america. like turkeys voting for christmas!

Old 05-15-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Look at how long the powers that be worked to keep Stevia from being sold/grown in the USA. They were aftraid it would negatively impact the manufacturers of the artifical sweetener poisons.

The Obama administration has made it more difficult for small farmers/organic farmers/backyard farmers to sell their goods at farmer's markets or just to neighbors using co-ops.

people never think what the knee jerk regulations to fix the regular crises do to the small independent business, farmer etc. as such they support legislators in all their efforts. years later they turn around and moan about lemonade stands being shut down, raids on organic farms etc

Old 05-15-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
[/b]

How so?

it's not uniquely an obama problem, it's a big govt problem. in terms of agriculture, the fda, epa and the dept of agriculture are huge hinderances to organic farming:

http://www.acresusa.com/toolbox/repr...tin_Sept03.pdf

Old 05-15-2012, 05:21 PM

16,913 posts, read 10,633,590 times
I don't care much for Biden, but this is one thing that I will agree with him on.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,888,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
That doesn't mean that we give him credit for things that have been established in the past i.e. police, military, national guard, ect.
Obama sure is responsible!

Old 05-15-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
First off, that bill died over two years ago. Old news is old

in my experience, giant power grabbing bills like this (and sopa, pipa etc) never die. they generally wait for the furore to die down.
if it's democrats they need to get on board, they'll generally slip the legislation they want into some welfare bill. ie the minority child food security act.
if they need republican support, they just attach it to a military spending bill ie the homeland defense cowboy act.
before you know it it's illegal to pass your neighbors a homegrown tomato or download anything.

btw, if you're the type of person who says they don't get enough done in dc and that they should 'compromise', 'cross the aisle' or embrace 'bipartizanship', the above action is what you're encouraging.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
The PROBLEM is most folks don't read labels and they buy too much processed foods. The way I see it they should NOT be putting bad stuff in the food chain. Companies have proven they cannot self regulate, cardboard in dogfood????

Processed food is not good, we only shop the perimeter and avoid the center shelves in a super market
do you read the labels? if you answered yes, it's not YOUR problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies