Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:33 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,212,317 times

Advertisements

Taking a look at you Pdf I see why you're so screwed up on this. It is loaded with blatant lies. I live on a 9 acre farm in a county that is largely rural. There must be a dozen small family run slaughterhouses within 30 miles of here. Anyone that wants to do so and actually knows how is able to butcher there own animals for their own use. If you're going to sell to the public you need to comply with the rules and regulations that apply to everyone doing so.

Gotta luv ppl that b*tch about regulations that EVERYONE is complying with, as if them alone cannot survive like EVERYONE ELSE is. Easy to blame your shortcomings and failures on the mean gobernment, but you really should be asking why can everyone else profit while you fail??? Maybe it is you and not the regulations in place to protect the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
i've probably posted this to you before.

http://www.acresusa.com/toolbox/repr...tin_Sept03.pdf

i want you to have a good think about this. if the govt puts some new regulations into force, who do you think bears the brunt of the new rules, tyson and monsanto, or the small farmer, grocer and butcher etc?

here is more

Cal EPA: Kills Businesses Dead - YouTube

and again, this is what you're encouraging, keep up the good work:

Rawesome Foods Raided... Again! - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 04:36 PM

913 posts, read 873,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Taking a look at you Pdf I see why you're so screwed up on this. It is loaded with blatant lies. I live on a 9 acre farm in a county that is largely rural. There must be a dozen small family run slaughterhouses within 30 miles of here. Anyone that wants to do so and actually knows how is able to butcher there own animals for their own use. If you're going to sell to the public you need to comply with the rules and regulations that apply to everyone doing so.

Gotta luv ppl that b*tch about regulations that EVERYONE is complying with, as if them alone cannot survive like EVERYONE ELSE is. Easy to blame your shortcomings and failures on the mean gobernment, but you really should be asking why can everyone else profit while you fail??? Maybe it is you and not the regulations in place to protect the public.

the regulations are designed with large facilities in mind but they're enforced on small facilities. if the usda requires batch testing on products, the cost of testing a 10 ton batch and a 100lb batch are the same. the difference is the that the big corporation which is running 10 ton batches spreads the cost per lb over the whole 10 tons.

nevertheless, i'm not going to win this argument with you. keep cheering for the big govt, but be careful what you wish for:

Excessive Criminal Laws Trap Honest American Businessman - YouTube

The Dollarhite's Testimony at PROPERTY WRONGS - 10/12/11 - YouTube

Sackett v. EPA: How One Couple's Battle Against the Feds Might Protect Your Land - YouTube

Testimony From Victoria Khoury at PROPERTY WRONGS Hearing - 10/12/11 - YouTube

Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,212,317 times
You're right about not winning, I have been around long enough to know regulation is a reaction to corporate abuses. You recall the Ford Pinto and their explosive gas tanks? Ford did. Recall the short lived Yugo? GF owned one until she found that that gas smell was caused by them driving screws into the top of the gas tank to hold down the cargo bay's carpet.

But wait, if they ask really nice we should drop all regulations and trust that greedy men driven by profits will do the right thing.

You recall that remington trigger that miseries and has killed a number of people. No regulation, no recall, no admission of fault.

Recall the video of them slaughtering sick downed cattle. Great stuff. Or the food chain that was bleaching expired meat and relabeling it for sale.

Why do we need regulations? Look closely at the end of the arrow, he's smiling at ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
the regulations are designed with large facilities in mind but they're enforced on small facilities. if the usda requires batch testing on products, the cost of testing a 10 ton batch and a 100lb batch are the same. the difference is the that the big corporation which is running 10 ton batches spreads the cost per lb over the whole 10 tons.

nevertheless, i'm not going to win this argument with you. keep cheering for the big govt, but be careful what you wish for:

Excessive Criminal Laws Trap Honest American Businessman - YouTube

The Dollarhite's Testimony at PROPERTY WRONGS - 10/12/11 - YouTube

Sackett v. EPA: How One Couple's Battle Against the Feds Might Protect Your Land - YouTube

Testimony From Victoria Khoury at PROPERTY WRONGS Hearing - 10/12/11 - YouTube

Old 05-27-2012, 05:09 AM

913 posts, read 873,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
But wait, if they ask really nice we should drop all regulations and trust that greedy men driven by profits will do the right thing.

you refuse to acknowledge that the regulations are detrimental to competition in that they create barriers to entry. while you may think govt deserves the credit for saving us from every risk imaginable, the truth is that for the most part, govt generally jumped to the front of the parade and took all the credit. what really keeps us safe is vibrant competition. if one market participant cannot deliver a product or service to meet the needs of the consumer, then another will.

nevertheless, we have 2 conflicting understandings of the world. it is for this reason that i'm a firm believer in states rights/localism before being a libertarian. i would prefer to live in a place with limited rules and regulations whereas you are the opposite. i don't see why we cannot co-exist

as for that picture of a bag of lettuce with a toad in it, do you really think that govt regulations can stop this from happening? if so, at what cost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies