Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 06:03 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Maybe the question is when was the first time you rejected a gay advance?

There wasn't any such thing when I was a young person because it would have been met with a busted nose. Society did not accept homosexuality at all in those days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 06:08 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Maybe the question is when was the first time you rejected a gay advance? That was my "choice" to be hetro I suppose.

When we were little kids...There was a very cool grove of very old oak trees - some of them where hollow and you could actually climb into them...Well one day a bunch of us were playing in the grove..I got inside an oak tree..and this slightly older kid got in also...all fun and games...The kid was standing behind me..I looked over my shoulder and looked down- The jerk behind me had his pants down and there was this erect penis pushing against my back...THAT was the moment ....all I could say was - "Let me out of this damned tree"..

I believe that young people are like little animals when left to their own device...what if I was a stupid kid and did not have the wear with all to get out of the hollow oak? Would that moment for another kid be the "gay" moment? Would the dumber kid submitted to the abuse of the older kid?

Maybe those "born" gay as slightly dumber...My question is- where did the older kid learn to even think of such a thing...I suggest that he himself had learned this and was a victim of abuse- so for him in my estimation it was not a choice...it was conditioning...
Maybe, for him, it was conditioning. For me it wasn't.
I grew up without ever knowing any homosexuals, but I still had a huge crush on the girl down the street.

I have also heard of women who "turn" lesbian because of abuse. That doesn't mean that ALL lesbians were abused, and not ALL women who are abused become lesbians.

As for the born gay being dumber. I carried a 4.0 through high school. A 3.5 was my lowest semester in college. There are many straight people who can't say the same. Please don't be rude.

People don't fit into neat little boxes.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
He should have thought before opening his mouth. many churches are very political and ya better know the people you are preaching to, apparently he did not.
Whoda thunk that spreading the message of love proposed by the (no record of) jebus would cost him his job.
He shoulda preached hatred from the pulpit, that's what the message is really about.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:46 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
No he is not! following the precepts of Christ, or following Jesus in his stance in any way!

Jesus settled this ole fallacy with this scripture. Oh, the folks that lack the truth that try to USE JESUS as an excuse to make homosexuality legitimate and okay with God that are very wrong.

The old Testament is clear that homosexuality is an abomination to God. Here...Jesus made it clear that He totally supports the Old Testament Law, in fullness.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." - Matt 5:17-18

Yes, and then He told us HOW to fulfill all the Law: Love God with all your heart, mind and strength and love your neighbor as you love yourself. The word translated into English as "neighbor" is the Greek word plēsion, which is defined as any other person, not just fellow believers (that's usually translated as "brother.")

Christ did NOT tell us to follow a set of rules or use the Law as a sort of check-mark list. He said to FULFILL the Law by love. And, Paul tells us in Galatians 5 that if we attempt to keep even one point of the Law, for whatever reason, we put ourselves back UNDER the Law and Christ has become of no effect to us. In fact, he says we have "fallen from Grace."

So...go ahead and claim the Law as your justification for something your neighbor will see as an act of hatred, something which feeds your own prejudices and bigotry, but remember that my doing so, you make Christ "of no effect unto you." (Gal.5:4)

That's a pretty serious condition to find yourself in, isn't it?

Old 06-04-2012, 06:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Whoda thunk that spreading the message of love proposed by the (no record of) jebus would cost him his job.
He shoulda preached hatred from the pulpit, that's what the message is really about.
Knowing your position on the subject, I think you misread the OP. He was preaching in support of same sex marriage.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Knowing your position on the subject, I think you misread the OP. He was preaching in support of same sex marriage.
Well, gee, isn't that what I just said.
Had he been spreading hatred, he would have been accepted by the congregation.
Isn't that the lesson we've learned from this?

Of course, you seem to agree with hatred of gay people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies