Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 02:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Oh, you should visit. Tucson is a city that really acts more like a small town. We love it here. Of course, it's getting pretty hot now - 101 today, 105 tomorrow. Thank goodness the monsoon humidity hasn't kicked in yet!
I'll be forever impressed with the "small town" love that Tucson showed Gabby and the other victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 02:21 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Riiiiigggghhhhttttt. As if any of us actually believe that black people have not ever made observations about white people that they dislike.

Get real. You're not even close to speaking of reality or human nature. You're just too afraid to admit it for fear of someone calling you a racist. I don't have that fear. It doesn't rattle me in the slightest. Being forthright is a strongpoint.
I haven't said or done anything that would prompt anyone to call me a racist. And I am not "black people" or "Hispanic people." I am an individual, no more, no less.

I do make observations about white people, and black people, and Asian people, and other types of people, that I dislike. But I don't say I dislike white, or Asian, or other, people. I say I dislike George, or John, or Alfredo, or Jane, and I dislike them for what they have said or done, not who their ancestors are. That's the difference in a nutshell. Your reality is obviously different from mine - in many aspects.

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
it might have something to do with the fact Aero is racist.
Well well well....if it isn't Mr. I'll Call Anyone I Disagree With A Racist himself! I knew you would show up.....you never miss an opportunity to drag out your favorite word!

(By the way, that's another observation of mine. Do I need to prove it by dredging up your post history?)

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
I'll assume that you're too ignorant to make your own observations if in fact you can't understand that what we're talking about here is MY observations, not racism.

Seems like safe assumption to make since that's your only defense and no other logical argument as eeked its way into your posts.
Come on, don't be lazy, dust off that dictionary.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:23 PM

455 posts, read 652,063 times
The principle of human acceptance; 1/3 of the people you meet will like you, 1/3 of the people you meet will hate you and the other 1/3 will feel indifferent towards you. Get it?

Old 05-31-2012, 02:23 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I haven't said or done anything that would prompt anyone to call me a racist. And I am not "black people" or "Hispanic people." I am an individual, no more, no less.

I do make observations about white people, and black people, and Asian people, and other types of people, that I dislike. But I don't say I dislike white, or Asian, or other, people. I say I dislike George, or John, or Alfredo, or Jane, and I dislike them for what they have said or done, not who their ancestors are. That's the difference in a nutshell. Your reality is obviously different from mine - in many aspects.
Don't you feel better for getting that off your chest? At least you're being honest.....which is more than can be said about your liberal brethren on this forum. But you should know that you are now considered a racist in their eyes. They've made that clear on this thread. Are you a racist Lucario? Me either.

Nowhere did I say I didn't like black people. NEVER have I said that to anyone, anywhere in my lifetime. So the rest of your post is irrelevant.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:24 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
In theory, yes. But there's a reason that I no longer hold the door for black women. Why? Because 9 out of 10 of them never say "Thank You." This after many years of being spurned. It's an observation that rarely ever fails. I extend respect, and don't get it in return. **** it. Face, meet glass. See if I care. What goes around comes around.

I don't do that for the person, I do it for myself, because I was raised to be polite regardless. If they don't accept it, fine... though I have only rarely had a person try to take advantage of my politeness (thinking I was weak because I was polite) and it usually ended with me being polite in helping them back up from the floor. /shrug

Old 05-31-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
The principle of human acceptance; 1/3 of the people you meet will like you, 1/3 of the people you meet will hate you and the other 1/3 will feel indifferent towards you. Get it?
Nah.......half the people I meet like me, a third are indifferent and the rest hate me.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Don't you feel better for getting that off your chest? At least you're being honest.....which is more than can be said about your liberal brethren on this forum.

Nowhere did I say I didn't like black people. NEVER have I said that to anyone, anywhere in my lifetime. So the rest of your post is irrelevant.
Yes, I honestly said I dislike some people of all ethnicities. I don't blindly dislike entire ethnic groups.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:29 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times
Quote:
Well well well....if it isn't Mr. I'll Call Anyone I Disagree With A Racist himself! I knew you would show up.....you never miss an opportunity to drag out your favorite word!

(By the way, that's another observation of mine. Do I need to prove it by dredging up your post history?)
If you want to talk about observations, every thread you start, it always about hating on minorities and poor people. If you want to hate on blacks be my guest, but i'm just calling it like i see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies