Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 02:29 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I don't do that for the person, I do it for myself, because I was raised to be polite regardless. If they don't accept it, fine... though I have only rarely had a person try to take advantage of my politeness (thinking I was weak because I was polite) and it usually ended with me being polite in helping them back up from the floor. /shrug

LOL at the last part!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, I honestly said I dislike some people of all ethnicities. I don't blindly dislike entire ethnic groups.
Me either, although that's how your liberal friends have tried to frame this discussion. Do you see now how flimsy liberal ideology is? You and I agree for once, that obeservations are made and are apart of human nature, but yet your own ideological cohorts don't see anything other than racism. Isn't it funny how that works? Maybe one day you'll abandon liberalism and find something more reasonable to adopt.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
If you want to talk about observations, every thread you start, it always about hating on minorities and poor people. If you want to hate on blacks be my guest, but i'm just calling it like i see it.
You have your observations, I have mine. The difference here is that my observations are rooted in experience, and yours are not. Your perception that all my threads are about minority-hating is laughable.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:35 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You have your observations, I have mine. The difference here is that my observations are rooted in experience, and yours are not. Your perception that all my threads are about minority-hating is laughable.
You just started a thread about how you don't hold the door open for black women, yet my perception about your minority-hating threads are laughable.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:37 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Me either, although that's how your liberal friends have tried to frame this discussion. Do you see now how flimsy liberal ideology is? You and I agree for once, that obeservations are made and are apart of human nature, but yet your own ideological cohorts don't see anything other than racism. Isn't it funny how that works? Maybe one day you'll abandon liberalism and find something more reasonable to adopt.
Who said I was a liberal?

Old 05-31-2012, 02:38 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyso40 View Post
No matter what color their skin is. That's been my experience at least.
That's true to a lesser extent on this forum.

You can be a nice as you want to some people here .... and as soon as you say something negative about Obama .... your going to get the name calling started.

I can think of a few of these vile people right off the bat.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
You just started a thread about how you don't hold the door open for black women, yet my perception about your minority-hating threads are laughable.
Case Study #1 In How Nighttrain55 Doesn't Remember What He Reads:

1) I didnt' start this thread.

2) This thread is about respect, not about racism, although that's all you and your liberal cohorts care to talk about. It's your only defense because it bothers all of you that you're not brave enough to speak of observations that you believe will make others uncomfortable. I don't fit in that category. I don't care how many feelings are hurt.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:41 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyso40 View Post
I don't see your actions as racist, rather as a pointed observation!
Do you mean to say that the black women were racists, for not complimenting a non-black man for holding open the door for them?

Old 05-31-2012, 02:42 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Maybe it's the town. Your in DC?, which can be very segregated. Or maybe the OP has a "I'm gonna rip your head off" look on his face. Do the women look scared?

I'm a door openin son of a gun and I would say 95% of all woman are nothing but gracious. I am out west though. I'm not sure what the ratio is between Black, White and other women, but the few times that I haven't heard a thanks was from girls College age or younger.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:43 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're right. My bad. You do come off as an awful nice guy.
Shoot....keyboard cleanup again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies