Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 02:44 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Case Study #1 In How Nighttrain55 Doesn't Remember What He Reads:

1) I didnt' start this thread.

2) This thread is about respect, not about racism, although that's all you and your liberal cohorts care to talk about. It's your only defense because it bothers all of you that you're not brave enough to speak of observations that you believe will make others uncomfortable. I don't fit in that category. I don't care how many feelings are hurt.
1.my bad, you were the second poster.

2. you said black women and to me that is racist, but that also fits how you think. We liberals like to call out racism, because it exist, but you and your conservative buddies want to pretend it ended in 1964
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 02:45 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Poor little me. Most black women don't say thank you, so I'll treat them all the same, even the ones that would say thank you. Sounds like a loser to me.
AeroGuyDC, you definitely aren't built for customer service jobs lol..

Old 05-31-2012, 02:45 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,918 times
You can usually judge the character of a man by how he treats people that can do absolutely nothing for him.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:01 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Take it with a grain of salt. The whole "door meets face" thing is bogus. Believe me, that's not happening.

I've opened doors for women before that don't say thank you, and although it's rude, my GOOD HOME TRAINING FROM MY FATHER would never let me do something as stupid as NOT opening doors for women.

If he wants to admit to having the home training of a Doberman Pinscher, then let him be.

I open doors for anyone at any opportunity.
99% of people say thanks, or at least smile.
I always treat people politely, at least until
they give me a reason to be rude.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:03 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Which is exactly why i don't care about racism for the most part. Be racist. Just keep it to yourself and show me the same respect i show you.

That should be easy enough.
Dammit detroiter your making sense here. Are you feeling ok?? Or maybe I'm coming down with something??

Old 05-31-2012, 03:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
You mean you're an adult, with no need to spite a whole group for the actions of a few? I like that in a person.

Here in Tucson, we have a different mix from what I was accustomed to in Pennsylvania and Delaware. There, it was more Italians, Puerto Ricans, various Europeans, and African Americans. In Tucson, mostly Europeans and Mexican origin. Now we're getting more African Americans, and I welcome that. It's a touch of familiarity to me, even though I've lived here for twenty years. (I hope that makes sense!) Anyway, I talk to everyone the same, except for the people who don't speak a lot of English. Then I tell them I speak Spanish like a baby, and please have patience with me.
There has always been a fairly large African American community on the south/west side of Tucson. When i was playing sports in high school, we'd play a few of their high schools ever year and i was always astounded at how large the community is. It's not Cleveland or New Orleans obviously, but it's there, it's just not very visible for some strange reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
How's Tucson? Always wanted to visit there. I have been to Phoenix twice.
Best city in Arizona for my money. It's a city that can't really grow anymore because of its geographical constraints, and so it maintains a real old southwest flavor combined with a sort of a new age optimism. The people are really nice too. I live a little over an hour outside of Tucson, and i go pretty often. A few times a week. It just has a really cool pace about it. Downside: the traffic is brutal at rush hour because there is only one freeway running through it....and a million people live there. That's a disaster, and one that they're eventually gonna have to rectify through eminent domain. They're just loathe to use it.

BTW...good politics there too. I live in the same district, but we have a bunch of idiots in this part of it. Up there, they keep the wing nuts in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Quit being malleable. You have the same "**** them" attitude that I do. I've seen it come from you plenty of times before. You just fear being labled a racist, so you hedge your message. My skin is thick. My message is not affected by the losers on the left who feel that calling me a "racist" has any bearing on anything I say or do.
ADC...first of all, i don't think you're a racist, but you come off as petulant and bigoted in some of your posts. The underlying messages in most of your posts make me realize that you're too damn smart to be an actual racist loser, but for some reason, that doesn't prevent you from saying silly sh*t like how you're "not gonna open doors for black women." C'mon....that's stupid as hell and furthermore, i doubt there is a lick of truth in it. I don't even see that as racist...just dumb as hell. You're not some hick from Cow Lick...you're cosmopolitan, urban, purportedly monied (to what degree remains in question) and your posts indicate that you've got plenty of sense. So please, lay off the foolishness.

Secondly, i'm not afraid of anything, and in fact, i've been labeled a racist on these boards more than a few times. Couldn't care less. I don't hedge a damn thing and you know it. No one is more honest on these boards than i am.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:20 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,083,605 times
Get respect back? You mean like all the respect McCain gave Obama in 2008

Old 05-31-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I open doors for anyone at any opportunity.
99% of people say thanks, or at least smile.
I always treat people politely, at least until
they give me a reason to be rude.
The thing is, 9 times outta 10 you'll never see that person again anyway. So if they're not grateful enough to say thank you or at least show you a smile, then keep it moving and go get a nice juicy steak and some great wine. You'll forget it 10 seconds later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Dammit detroiter your making sense here. Are you feeling ok?? Or maybe I'm coming down with something??
Look...Just because you think my politics are nutty and that i'm an idiot doesn't mean that i'm an awful human being. I'm EXTREMELY KIND and good to people that are nice to me. I'm a "shirt off my back" kind of person. I've always been that way. I don't care about your color when it comes to normal human interaction. I have home training, and that supercedes any racial or political differences.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Get respect back? You mean like all the respect McCain gave Obama in 2008
I actually thought McCain was quite respectful. He's much more curmudgeonly now since he lost.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
The thing is, 9 times outta 10 you'll never see that person again anyway. So if they're not grateful enough to say thank you or at least show you a smile, then keep it moving and go get a nice juicy steak and some great wine. You'll forget it 10 seconds later.

Look...Just because you think my politics are nutty and that i'm an idiot doesn't mean that i'm an awful human being. I'm EXTREMELY KIND and good to people that are nice to me. I'm a "shirt off my back" kind of person. I've always been that way. I don't care about your color when it comes to normal human interaction. I have home training, and that supercedes any racial or political differences.
Don't let that kindness be taken advantage of. BTW do you wear a XL??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies