Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And now our embassies are attacked today and Obama can't stop campaigning to comment on it.
That can't be. Why would anyone attack the embassies of the Nobel Peace Prize winning president's country? I thought the rest of the world supposedly loved Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 10:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
D'Souza's theories of Obama's policy motivations being fueled by anti-Colonialism are unfolding and being proven true in real time. Obama's failure to condem the attacks today but to apologise to the attackers instead speaks volumes about his contempt for this country he is working so hard to destroy.

Folk need to remember that at one time Egypt was occupied by Britain. Obama despises Britain and sides with every 3rd world country who was ever under Britain's control, well, except the US.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:01 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Default The comments say it all---media shocked it's a hit

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...n-impact-53501

comments

To The Wrap: Please stop covertly editorializing in your headlines and articles, for example, your term, "Obama bashing". Oh. I get it. Anything in disagreement with liberals is bashing? Someone can't disagree with your political viewpoint without being considered "bashing"? You need to keep your personal political persuasions out of what's supposed to be an impartial entertainment industry newsreporting organization. The more you do this, the more you lose respect in the entertainment community. Respect for accuracy in reporting is what you want, right? Well, that applies to any film, even a political one, and even if it disagrees with your personal viewpoints.

Three points: 1.) this is the second article on the film where The Wrap refers to the movie as a 'right wing' documentary. I did not recall hearing any Hollywood publication or The Wrap referring to any of Michael Moore's comedies as a 'left wing' film. 2.) Will the Oscars ignore the film even if it maintains it's status as the #1 documentary of 2012. And, finally, 3.) will Mark Joseph find an open time to show the film at the RNC Convention in Tampa, or--at least--rent screens across America--including the 'blue' cities of Detroit, Cleveland, Chaicago, and eslewhere, and have FREE screenings for the uninformed and/or undecided voters?

It is really so amusing that The Wrap and other liberal media outlets are so shocked that the film is a success. If all you know are west side of L.A./upper east side of New York/Georgetown liberals, of course it's a shock. USA Today was so shocked--and obviously distressed-- that it completely omitted the film from its weekend results story on the front page of its entertainment section. Only 20% of Americans self-identify as liberals but that number rises to 80% or so in the so-called mainstream media--hence, their befuddlement at people who have the "audacity" to see President Obama differently than they do

Old 09-12-2012, 05:24 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Everyone needs to get back to the OP.

Typical leftist tactict...bring up everything but the OP....

This Thread is going to get locked and that is what the left wants....they cannot STAND that this movie (ooppssss, I mean documentary) has made number 2 in less than 60 days....and people are really watching it....

Old 09-12-2012, 05:45 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
The truth hurts. The left is so upset because they feel in their guts that there's truth in the movie, but they won't admit it.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Uhhh yeah. There are thousand's of hours of footage that are at your disposal if you want to have at it. D'nesh did it for us. And a lot of the movie was narrated from obama's books in his voice. If he still believes half of what he said he believed while writing his books, it is a very scarey thing.

D`Souza pieced together what he wanted you to see and nothing more. Of that I'm certain, without ever even seeing the movie.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
No, he was correct to call her stupid because her tone implied that anyone who defends Obama from bogus conspiracy theories is a blind worshipper of him.
Bingo! Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees the lunacy.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:43 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The truth hurts. The left is so upset because they feel in their guts that there's truth in the movie, but they won't admit it.
DING DING DING...we have a winner......

Old 09-12-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
The comment I made was sarcastic, but at least I didn't stoop to a low of callling someone stupid or any other name. But, continue to show your liberal rudeness, it shows how y'all really are. And continue to comment about a movie you refuse to actually watch and don't want other's to see. It shows your desperation, fear, and is great publicity for the movie. Thanks!
I didn't call YOU stupid, obviously you are not based on my interactions with you here. I called your comment stupid.

FWIW, it's not "desperation and fear" that is keeping me from seeing this movie. I honestly think there will be little change in the next 4 years, regardless of who wins this election. These candidates are two sides of the same coin.

I simply refuse to support the type of partisan nonsense that fuels these types of movies/commercials/articles/what-have-you.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Whether Obama thinks it or not, it is a true situation.

We as a nation have had relatively easy since the end of World War II. Like it or not those days are over. In the future we will be in much greater competition with countries like India and China for the world's resources.

As opposed to the Republicans in Nebraska who were also opposed to the Keystone Pipeline. Perhaps they also have anti-colonial roots.

The Brazil oil decision was made by directors of the Ex-Im Bank, appointed by Bush. Whether it was a good decision or not I guess could be debated,

There is zero evidence that Obama is attempting to "take away the sovereignty of all Americans"

That is a very good thing.

We are going to have to learn to compete with the rest of the world hopefully on equal terms. Get used to it, its the future whether you like it, or Obama likes it or I like it.

Couldn't rep you again, yet, William.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies