Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 08:16 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
...If he called her stupid, that's against TOS. Mods? I didn't think we were allowed to call posters stupid just because they hold different views than we do. We can consider the views dumb or ignorant or whatever, but not attack the person...

Read my post for yourself. Did I call her stupid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So let me ask all you people....

Is this movie #2 of all political documentaries now? In under 60 days....
Evidently, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Is that why all the anger?
No.

As an aside - what anger? I, at least, am not angry in the slightest about this movie's success.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:18 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,135,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Is that what they call it when a movie flops?

Cheesy Right wing propaganda films haven't done well at the box office since the 80's, Red Dawn was the last hit

Palin Movie Opens to No Crowds

Nation & World | Sarah Palin movie won't be opening in her home state | Seattle Times Newspaper

Sarah Palin movie opens to empty theater in Orange County | TheCelebrityCafe.com
I hate to burst your bubble (NOT), but it is reported to be one of the biggest box office hits so far this year. It certainly is not a flop by any means of the imagination.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:20 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,610,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unounehana View Post
I find it odd how people are NOT upset at having foreign wars that have drained BILLIONS of dollars all in the name of American superiority. Our wars and our outrageous military are prime examples of colonial mentality. Those are not good things.

People think that colonialism is like it was in the 19th century. No, we've entered into the era of neocolonialism. Here we allow sovereignty, however we may still enter such nations without clear objectives and faulty justifications. We prop up dictators.

We should focus on having a president that doesn't do these actions.
You are dead on with this. Not only that but big wigs like GE and others who make weapons are finding more war means more profit so it's encouraged through lobbying. It's a win win. Very sad indeed. No president can get around the pressure from these money grubbing big wigs. So gross.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
I hate to burst your bubble (NOT), but it is reported to be one of the biggest box office hits so far this year. It certainly is not a flop by any means of the imagination.
I don't like that woman but she sure does know how to make a buck. Nothing embarrasses her. I think that thing that we get inside our minds that tell us "no, no, don't do that" is missing from her. IMO, of course.

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I didn't call YOU stupid, obviously you are not based on my interactions with you here. I called your comment stupid.

FWIW, it's not "desperation and fear" that is keeping me from seeing this movie. I honestly think there will be little change in the next 4 years, regardless of who wins this election. These candidates are two sides of the same coin.

I simply refuse to support the type of partisan nonsense that fuels these types of movies/commercials/articles/what-have-you.
Your assumptions are incorrect about this documentary. It is not partisan, it is informative. Of course, not having actually seen and evaluated the documentary yourself, you comment your evaluations of it and D'Souza's motivations from your purely biased and uninformed perspective.

Really, it is a softball, completely unpartisan. Had it been partisan it would not be getting the play it is in the theaters. It gives us a fresh perspective and information sans judgement. The judgement is up to the observer to make.

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
If by biggest hit you mean #78 ?

2012 Yearly Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo

Old 09-12-2012, 08:26 AM

Not that funny, how far people will take their hatred for a black president. Shesh, and these movie makers are just seeing money making at it's finest. Off others fear of a black terrorist take over. I think all who actually buy into this crap are STUPID. IMO, of course.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:

Don't know who reported this, but they are dead wrong:

Weekend Box Office Results for September 7-9, 2012 - Box Office Mojo

Now, it's doing *really* well for a documentary, we can all agree on that. Let's not lose our minds and call it something it is not, however.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Your assumptions are incorrect about this documentary. It is not partisan, it is informative. Of course, not having actually seen and evaluated the documentary yourself, you comment your evaluations of it and D'Souza's motivations from your purely biased and uninformed perspective.

Really, it is a softball, completely unpartisan. Had it been partisan it would not be getting the play it is in the theaters. It gives us a fresh perspective and information sans judgement. The judgement is up to the observer to make.

Funny, I have yet to see any moderate Liberals or Independents saying that, only staunch conservatives.

Odd.

My suppositions are not biased and uninformed, they are based on D`Souza's past comments, deeds and places of employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies