Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2012, 05:06 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
I kinda knew I lived in a Conservative neighborhood before, but my local theater is showing 2016 and Last Ounce of Courage.

Synopsis | StandUSA
2016 is also showing in Berkeley, CA. I don't that indicates Berkeley has turned conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 05:17 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Obama is the job killer and here comes QE3 , printing more money to bail out those foreclosures again.. bad toxic loans because the people don't have jobs and they can't pay their mortgages... 23 million unemployed or underemployed. This country is in a sad state. It is bad!! Obama sugar coats it as usual and kills the jobs . We need more oil, he kills the keystone pipe line. He kills the jobs.

No one can afford those solar panels , $50,000 and who wants to plug in your car? I don't see the dems buying them.. Obama's ideas to stimulate the economy doesn't fly!!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:06 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I agree with you. Why talk about the price of tickets, etc? Seems to be a diversion from talking about the real issues.

I know your dilemma and identify with it. But each election year most people feel the same way and have for years. Voting guides will advise learning about the issues as much as you can, then vote for the person whose values and ideas are CLOSEST to yours. That is all we can ever do.
My feelings as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
People may not have a beef with it, but D'Souza still uses it as a proof point in his theory. He would sound more credible if he would stop making such ludicrous statements.
One only has to look at what is going on around us, and he becomes very credible. But those who don't see the movie, won't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
I kinda knew I lived in a Conservative neighborhood before, but my local theater is showing 2016 and Last Ounce of Courage.

Synopsis | StandUSA

Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times

Old 09-15-2012, 05:39 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Previous ... that's great - picture worth a thousand words!

Old 09-17-2012, 06:42 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Default The Hope and The Change movie is on TV

Dear Friend,

[LEFT]I am excited to announce that the new, highly acclaimed documentary “The Hope and The Change†will be broadcast on multiple cable and broadcast TV networks - beginning tomorrow night, Tuesday, September 17th, on HDNet Movies at 7pm ET (click here for information on checking your local listings for the channel and schedule.)

“The Hope and The Change†is set to air dozens of times, reaching 130 million cumulative households, over the next few months - an historic first for any political documentary.
This smartly produced documentary will be shown on HDNet Movies, AXS TV, RFD-TV, FamilyNet, and Rural TV. The film is also licensed to Lesea Broadcasting for World Harvest Television and their broadcast stations: WHMB (Indianapolis, IN), WHNO (New Orleans, LA), KWHB (Tulsa, OK), KWHE (Honolulu, HI), KWHS (Colorado Springs, CO) and WHME (South Bend, IN).[/LEFT]
Please check local listings for channels: up-to-date information about showings will be added to www.TheHopeAndTheChange.com/TV as soon as it becomes available.
It is important to note that these distribution opportunities would have been against the law a mere three years ago. This is why I went to the United States Supreme Court in Citizens United v. the Federal Election Commission – to fight for the right to produce a political documentary.
"The Hope and The Change" exposes the hard truth that many Democrats and independents are suffering at the hands of President Obama’s failed policies, and we will aggressively market this film so Americans can finally have an unfiltered conversation they deserve.
Remember, this is the film that Sean Hannity called the "most powerful documentary I've ever seen!" Please tune in and share this viewing information with your friends and family!
Sincerely,
David N. Bossie
President of Citizens United
P.S. "The Hope and The Change" has the power to change many minds this fall. That is why it is so important for millions of Americans to see it. Please help us get this film out to as many people as possible by forwarding this email and spreading the world about the TV showings!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Hey look, it's still making money!

Boy, this must really pi$$ you lefties off....

Documentary - Political Movies at the Box Office - Box Office Mojo

Old 09-20-2012, 09:00 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Finally got to see the movie last night. I already knew most of the information that was in it but had not thought of Obama's extreme views as having been fueled by the anti-colonial views of his father. Little wonder his first act as president was to return the bust of Winston Churchill.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:32 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Finally got to see the movie last night. I already knew most of the information that was in it but had not thought of Obama's extreme views as having been fueled by the anti-colonial views of his father. Little wonder his first act as president was to return the bust of Winston Churchill.
Obama wrote an entire book about finding the meaning to his life as a black American. He found it in his father's dreams, which he has taken on himself.

Obama Sr's dreams:
http://www.politico.com/static/PPM41_eastafrica.html

Old 09-20-2012, 09:52 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Where the **** does this "anti-colonial" **** come from? I don't think I had ever heard that term until Newt decided to pop off at the mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies