Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 02:14 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,877,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I must have missed talk about this. Are there talks of it coming to tv before then?
Watch the video I just posted. Dinesh DSouza was asked by someone in the audience when 2016 will be out on DVD. He responded that it will play in theatres til the end of September or through the first week or October after that they will have 4 weeks to get it out on DVD, ect... before our Nov 6 election and that it may air on tv as well. I hope it gets on tv before Nov 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 04:07 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
He'll get it on TV if its community or public access. No network tv will pick it up. Definitely not any cable channel ...eh...maybe the history channel since they like to show non-history and non-credible history shows (their "programs" on hitler during WWII were much to be desired; biography channel had better programs about Hitler)

Old 09-13-2012, 04:20 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
He'll get it on TV if its community or public access. No network tv will pick it up. Definitely not any cable channel ...eh...maybe the history channel since they like to show non-history and non-credible history shows
The movie has Obama narrating his own words. Are you saying Obama isn't credible?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:25 PM

537 posts, read 819,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The truth hurts. The left is so upset because they feel in their guts that there's truth in the movie, but they won't admit it.
What hurts is the truly appalling and depressing amount of people who honestly and truly believe that D'Souza's conspiracy theories are "the truth." The only reason this movie is a hit is because of stupid conspiracy theorists.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...n-impact-53501

comments

To The Wrap: Please stop covertly editorializing in your headlines and articles, for example, your term, "Obama bashing". Oh. I get it. Anything in disagreement with liberals is bashing? Someone can't disagree with your political viewpoint without being considered "bashing"? You need to keep your personal political persuasions out of what's supposed to be an impartial entertainment industry newsreporting organization. The more you do this, the more you lose respect in the entertainment community. Respect for accuracy in reporting is what you want, right? Well, that applies to any film, even a political one, and even if it disagrees with your personal viewpoints.

Three points: 1.) this is the second article on the film where The Wrap refers to the movie as a 'right wing' documentary. I did not recall hearing any Hollywood publication or The Wrap referring to any of Michael Moore's comedies as a 'left wing' film. 2.) Will the Oscars ignore the film even if it maintains it's status as the #1 documentary of 2012. And, finally, 3.) will Mark Joseph find an open time to show the film at the RNC Convention in Tampa, or--at least--rent screens across America--including the 'blue' cities of Detroit, Cleveland, Chaicago, and eslewhere, and have FREE screenings for the uninformed and/or undecided voters?

It is really so amusing that The Wrap and other liberal media outlets are so shocked that the film is a success. If all you know are west side of L.A./upper east side of New York/Georgetown liberals, of course it's a shock. USA Today was so shocked--and obviously distressed-- that it completely omitted the film from its weekend results story on the front page of its entertainment section. Only 20% of Americans self-identify as liberals but that number rises to 80% or so in the so-called mainstream media--hence, their befuddlement at people who have the "audacity" to see President Obama differently than they do

I've bolded the part of the comments that really stood out. The level of hypocrisy is truly astounding. The reason they've refereed to it as Obama-bashing is because it IS bashing. It is not disagreement with his political beliefs. It is a series of conspiracy theories with no factual evidence designed solely to denigrate Obama.

When someone disagrees with my viewpoints (yes, I consider myself liberal), I don't consider that to be bashing. What I DO consider bashing, is the second part that I've bolded. It's a stereotype. Although I am a liberal, I am not a an Upper East Side Liberal. I don't consider it bashing because D'Souza disagrees with Obama and liberals. I consider it bashing because of his blatantly ridiculous conspiracy theories and because he wrote AN ENTIRE BOOK on how the "Cultural Left' is responsible for 9/11. How is that not bashing again?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:49 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
What hurts is the truly appalling and depressing amount of people who honestly and truly believe that D'Souza's conspiracy theories are "the truth." The only reason this movie is a hit is because of stupid conspiracy theorists.
It is not a conspiracy movie. It is the words of Barrack Obama.. and the words are what is truth to Obama. Take that truth from Obama's words and see how he leads this nation and his decisions and it all makes sense by knowing what Obama's truths are-what he believes is what is Obama's truths.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is not a conspiracy movie. It is the words of Barrack Obama.. and the words are what is truth to Obama. Take that truth from Obama's words and see how he leads this nation and his decisions and it all makes sense by knowing what Obama's truths are-what he believes is what is Obama's truths.
It's the words of Obama that are taken out-of-context or are distorted in order to sound more sinister than they really are.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:58 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
It's the words of Obama that are taken out-of-context or are distorted in order to sound more sinister than they really are.
No. his words are not that complex.. clear as a bell. You know the great way Obama gets his message across. We know what he says.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:34 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Default How I Earned Obama's Rage----watch the video

How I Earned Obama's Rage | Dinesh D'Souza

D' Souza was on Lou Dobbs program.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
Have you seen it?

Quote:
Have you seen it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies