Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 02:04 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
The Zach Wehls video is produced, ad nauseum, by the s.s supporters.

so what, it proves jack!

One guy feels he was raised well by two women - big deal.

I am sure we could dig up an articulate, good looking young man that was brought up well by any number of other such social outcasts; but does that prove anything?

no , of course not!

You guys can take ONE case and say it is proof same-sex marriage is a bad idea.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:13 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post

So what do you think of the story of Lot offering up his young virgin daughters to be gang raped? I understand Lot was supposed to be a 'righteous' man. Is that the sort of thing what 'righteous' godly fathers do in your religion?

If Lot was considered the most righteous in Sodom, imagine how evil the rest of the Sodomites were.

I've always had a problem with Abraham trying to talk God out of destroying Sodom over a handful of righteous.

The Bible doesn't say the angels went around looking for other righteous... they only went to Lot's house.

Btw... the reason why God sent TWO angels is because under God's Law, the testimony of at least two witnesses
is required before judgment is executed.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:15 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
No, that is not correct.

The true maternal power comes from the biological mother.

Ahhh so if the child's biological mother dies and the father gets remarried the new wife can't be the child's mother?

Or the other way; the father dies and the mother gets remarried the new husband can't be the child's father?

Old 07-21-2012, 02:35 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
Not biologically, no.

That would be step-father/mother.

Some new vocabulary for you.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:05 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
You guys can take ONE case and say it is proof same-sex marriage is a bad idea.
And she wasn't raised by a gay couple. So they hadn't even read the book.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:10 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
If Lot was considered the most righteous in Sodom, imagine how evil the rest of the Sodomites were.

I've always had a problem with Abraham trying to talk God out of destroying Sodom over a handful of righteous.

The Bible doesn't say the angels went around looking for other righteous... they only went to Lot's house.

Btw... the reason why God sent TWO angels is because under God's Law, the testimony of at least two witnesses
is required before judgment is executed.

Speaking of Abraham ( Lots uncle and the father of your religion): What do you think of him marrying his half-sister Sarah (incest) and having sex with Sarah's slavewoman Hagar to have a child, then later later havibg sex with all his concubines and having children with them?

What sort of a 'father figure' 'family man' is that?

Old 07-21-2012, 03:34 AM

I didn't think you believed in the Bible anyway.

And I read the article from the OP - the girl was raised in a gay-man household.

agreed, the men weren't married but it was a succession of different sexual partners for the father - what kind of an atmosphere is that to grow up in?

Not ideal in a hetero situation, but must be ever so confusing for a child in the homosexual one.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:41 AM

Let's have a look at the supposed 'inequality' issue for a minute.

How on Earth can denying a same-sex couple the right to marry be considered discrimination? After all, they are perfectly free to choose to marry someone of the opposite gender.

The same in the adoption scenario - a gay man can choose to have a child with a woman, just like the rest of us.

So it is a level playing field all around.

or is this charade just about convenience?

Old 07-21-2012, 03:45 AM

717 posts, read 647,700 times
It is not a call for special rights to marry the person you love. It is only those who are filled with disgust and fear towards homosexuals that desire to prevent them from marrying.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:51 AM

Not true at all.

I have no problems with homosexuals.

However, I think the marriage idea is absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies