Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 12:29 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Funny, Adoption is generally not really natural. Nature never really 'meant' for someone/another animal to raise another animal's/person's young.

Yet we see it happen in NATURE. And it doesn't matter what the sexes of the adoptive parents are (as we have seen in Black Swans).

So your argument is again, false.
Are you a black swan or at least have wings?
Nature is dependent on heterorosexual couples, example of Black Swans where SOME males steal eggs is not typical and certainly not a norm in Nature.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:00 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, after going through all that, it was at least nice you were good looking and charming enough to be able claim and confirm your heterosexuality by marrying a woman. Some straights didn't get molested when young and grow up lacking that special kind of charm and sex appeal that appeals to women and so haven't been married.
What I'm trying to say, do to one ***** in the household, -the family was totally disfunctional. I had to go through middle-school, high school and college with no self-esteem, a screwed up person. It took many years of married life to get myself socially straighten out, thanks to my wife. I have total empathy toward Dawn Stehanowics. However, differing from her, I ended up with no affection for my parents or brother but I ended up straightening up their affairs after their deaths and there was no rewards.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post

You guys seem to think these couples just go in and buy a child like they are buying furniture.
That's an exaggeration. In my case, I do think curiosity and the desire to be, well, normal, does play a part in the gay adoption fad. And I find it very suspicious that there is scant research available on such an important topic.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:00 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That's an exaggeration. In my case, I do think curiosity and the desire to be, well, normal, does play a part in the gay adoption fad. And I find it very suspicious that there is scant research available on such an important topic.
It is no fad, as gays have been adopting children for many years....There is lots of research, and much of it has been posted here...It is just that the conclusions reached by that research are not what you want to believe.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:10 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
What I'm trying to say, do to one ***** in the household, -the family was totally disfunctional. I had to go through middle-school, high school and college with no self-esteem, a screwed up person.
If you can't talk about homosexuals without using a certain five-letter word, you're still a screwed up person, IMO.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:26 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
These discussions are getting tedious.

The LGBT Community is winning it's struggle for civil rights and equal opportunity, slowly but surely.

Today the Pentagon just promoted an open Lesbian to be a Brigadier General ... the first openly gay general serving on duty in US history.

When Sally Ride the astronaut died it was revealed she was of the LGBT community.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:40 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

The LGBT Community is winning it's struggle for civil rights and equal opportunity, slowly but surely.

Today the Pentagon just promoted an open Lesbian to be a Brigadier General ... the first openly gay general serving on duty in US history.

When Sally Ride the astronaut died it was revealed she was of the LGBT community.
Sure. Gay ans lesbians in the army: this will sure make our enelies respect us more

Old 08-11-2012, 05:49 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

I agree, and that's all that matters to me anymore. The anti-gay crowd has no case whatsoever against homosexuals. Never have, never will. There's no reason to keep them from being able to marry or adopt. All anyone against gay rights can offer to support their stance is false or unsubstantiated claims or arguments that have already been refuted by the vast majority of evidence out there.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Sure. Gay ans lesbians in the army: this will sure make our enelies respect us more
Oh yes I always say "Hey I respect the heck out of you, but I will be your sworn enemy." Don't know where you received your military training but as I recall the object is to defeat your enemy.
You better get on the horn to the Israelis to let them know they're doing it wrong.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:58 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Some male snakes will go out into the sun to bring up their body temperature in cold weather in order to breed- Then you have the shifty ones who are male but let off a female scent in order to fool the other males who crowd on to the sneak snake and give it extra warmth form their sun warmed bodies....The sneak snake pretending to be female- gets the extra heat and is more mobile - He then quickly sneaks off and gets to breed with the females first-- Kind of reminds me of gay adoption...OR males seeking the privilege of females in the natural world...So are these snakes gay or do they just hijack the female persona to gain advantage?
I think one of my pet snakes is gay... I've offered him to multiple females over the years, all of whom are extremely good looking, and he just doesn't seem interested! I would give him to a male, but they tend to fight with each other in close quarters. Gee, I guess humans aren't all that different from animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies