Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 12:23 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,410 times

Advertisements

I don't know if the experience of Dr. Robert Oscar Lopez has been mentioned, but here's another tragic story of a child raised by homosexuals - this time a boy raised by lesbians. Read it, weep, and pray for children raised in these abusive situations.

"Especially damning is the liberal attitude that we shouldn’t be judgmental about sex. In the Bronx gay world, I cleaned out enough apartments of men who’d died of AIDS to understand that resistance to sexual temptation is central to any kind of humane society. Sex can be hurtful not only because of infectious diseases but also because it leaves us vulnerable and more likely to cling to people who don’t love us, mourn those who leave us, and not know how to escape those who need us but whom we don’t love. The left understands none of that. That’s why I am conservative."

Old 08-11-2012, 12:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I don't know if the experience of Dr. Robert Oscar Lopez has been mentioned, but here's another tragic story of a child raised by homosexuals - this time a boy raised by lesbians. Read it, weep, and pray for children raised in these abusive situations.

"Especially damning is the liberal attitude that we shouldn’t be judgmental about sex. In the Bronx gay world, I cleaned out enough apartments of men who’d died of AIDS to understand that resistance to sexual temptation is central to any kind of humane society. Sex can be hurtful not only because of infectious diseases but also because it leaves us vulnerable and more likely to cling to people who don’t love us, mourn those who leave us, and not know how to escape those who need us but whom we don’t love. The left understands none of that. That’s why I am conservative."
If you are so into this topic, I have another great book for you to read.

Amazon.com: My Two Moms: Lessons of Love, Strength, and What Makes a Family (9781592407132): Zach Wahls: Books

Old 08-11-2012, 12:31 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post

So now attraction, love, and desire coupled with the dynamics of romantic relationships is a liberal-conservative issue. Forrest's mom was right. Stupid is as stupid does. Or in this case as stupid posts. Hate to break it to you but homosexuals come in all political persuasions. But I guess you've never heard of the log cabin republicans.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:55 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,840,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
My mom raised 4 boys all by herself. How on earth did we all meet our wives and girlfriends?!?!?

My friend was raised by his single dad and now has a wife and two kids.... how did he know what to do on the first date?
but neither of these scenarios are that of a gay couple.

Single mom and dad is not the same.

Yet more deflection on your part - it really is tedious, so can you please stay on track.

thanks

Old 08-11-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
You seem to think children that grow up in same-sex households grow up in a vacuum, when in fact they are exposed to many more different situations than the average child.
such as what?

how common is it at home, for the child of a homo couple to interact in any meaningful way with adults of a hetero persuasion?

How will a kid know whether he is supposed to fancy girls or boys?

Old 08-11-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Curious that none of the anti-gay brigade have been able to provide any evidence for their opinions, yet many posters who support same-sex marriage and same-sex parents have provided volumes of evidence from reputable sources.
you mean all the evidence from 'reputable' gay propaganda sources

Old 08-11-2012, 01:17 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
What kind of ludicrous question is that?
What does who your parents are at all influence which sex you are attracted to?
Given that MOST gay people have hetero parents should tip you off that it's a dumb question.
You are attracted to who you are attracted to.
NO ONE has control over this.
It's like trying to control what food you find delicious and what tastes terrible.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:18 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
such as what?

how common is it at home, for the child of a homo couple to interact in any meaningful way with adults of a hetero persuasion?

Can't you figure out the context of "in a vacuum". Let me spell it out for you. Those homosexual parents have friends and relatives who aren't homosexual. The children have friends who also have parents and relatives who aren't homosexual. You do realize that homosexuals are a small minority of the total population don't you? Odds are the children being raised by a homosexual couple would have more heterosexual friends and acquaintances than homosexual ones. Not to mention all the popular forms of entertainment children are exposed to these days.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If you are so into this topic, I have another great book for you to read.

Amazon.com: My Two Moms: Lessons of Love, Strength, and What Makes a Family (9781592407132): Zach Wahls: Books
LOL, you mean Zach Wahls the college dropout that chose a career of 'activism' instead.

I bet that will come in handy in the future, just think of all those job offers! (not)

(from Wiki)
Quote:
In the fall of 2011 Wahls withdrew from college to focus on activism, writing a book, and promotional activities.[18]

Old 08-11-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Can't you figure out the context of "in a vacuum". Let me spell it out for you. Those homosexual parents have friends and relatives who aren't homosexual. The children have friends who also have parents and relatives who aren't homosexual. You do realize that homosexuals are a small minority of the total population don't you? Odds are the children being raised by a homosexual couple would have more heterosexual friends and acquaintances than homosexual ones. Not to mention all the popular forms of entertainment children are exposed to these days.
I did say in the home.

so how many hetero adults will be staying the night, or waking the kids up in the morning?

Once the daytime social activities are over, these poor little mites will be closed in with the homo couple and their homo friends - not natural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies