Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Easy. The same way that a young boy raised by a single mother or heterosexual household learns how to "behave like a man" (whatever that means to you). By looking to the entire world around him and all the examples therein.

Easy. The same way that a young girl raised by a single father or heterosexual household learns how to "behave like a woman" (whatever that means to you). By looking to the entire world around her and all the examples therein.

The same way a child with any other parental structure does. You don't like that idea, so you brush it aside.

I was raised primarily by a single father. I know how to behave like a woman and can do "womanly" things like sewing (not just basic things like fixing a ripped seam, but whole gowns and stuff). If my single father can raise two girls, I don't see why two men can't do the same.
It's not so easy. Generally children from single parent families have more problems adapting than children from traditional families.
I have so many female friends who simply cant control their adolescent kids...
Nobody sells a single parent scenario as optimal for child development...

Old 08-10-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Define normal
Normal, healthy heterosexual individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Again define normal. I know plenty of people that hate children and when they see them they don't think about having more.
Still, it is not normal. If it was neither of us would existed.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Being a man means no more than working hard and taking care of your responsibilities, including being a good father to your children. So yes, they certainly can.

Not really. But how would you know that?

Old 08-10-2012, 11:48 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
What is wrong with fighting? You should be able to defend you family?
fighting isn't essentially relegated to male or female roles. and one can learn to fight from anyone. (As we saw with the recent heckler at the Olympics who was taken down by a Bronze medal winning FEMALE judo champion)

I was enrolled in Aikido and Karate by my mother and I have a black belt in both. I can fight anyone and probably kick their butts to kingdom come. I choose not to.

Quote:
I am talking about being a man in general, we don't know how well will the males raised in homosexual families do in real live, how well will they build relationships with females and raise their own children.
exactly what is "being a man in general" ? A definition of a "man" varies from person to person.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Normal, healthy heterosexual individual.
that's isn't the definition of normal.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:50 AM

667 posts, read 516,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
that's isn't the definition of normal.
Webster probably has an answer for you.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:51 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
fighting isn't essentially relegated to male or female roles. and one can learn to fight from anyone. (As we saw with the recent heckler at the Olympics who was taken down by a Bronze medal winning FEMALE judo champion)

I was enrolled in Aikido and Karate by my mother and I have a black belt in both. I can fight anyone and probably kick their butts to kingdom come. I choose not to.

exactly what is "being a man in general" ? A definition of a "man" varies from person to person.
Very well said! But because the martial arts violate the "natural law" which says only the biggest and meanest shall survive, I'm sure they have a problem with them as well. (But guns? Guns are probably okay )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
What do you mean by "how to be a man"? I've posted studies about how children raised by lesbian parents do quite well, sometimes better than children raised by heterosexual parents, including academically. If it's general independence in life that you're referring to, I should think the better grades will help them get into a better college and be more financially secure...

Or are you talking about fighting?
Quote:
Ah, yet again, technology and civilization have given us ways of defending ourselves and our families without being the biggest, meanest badass in town. The need to know how to physically fight off people is decreasing, along with the need for heterosexuality for the survival of the species.

And that's not to mention that you can't provide any evidence that children raised by gay parents are less likely to know how to fight. You continuously offer unsupportable arguments and implications...

Quote:
I am talking about being a man in general, we don't know how well will the males raised in homosexual families do in real live, how well will they build relationships with females and raise their own children.
With no identifiable harm done to them as children, where do you come up with the idea that this lack of harm could suddenly manifest as something incapacitating in adulthood? Where's the precedent for that type of thinking? I'm sorry, I really think you're just inventing "risks" because you personally have a problem with homosexuality. Not something we should be basing our laws on.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:00 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
YEP, and Homosexuals are sexually attracted to persons of the same gender they are.
Maybe it is something other than sexual attraction? It could be that some take the easy way out. That they are attracted to a less responsible life style? It takes a lot of effort and compromise to deal with the opposite sex- It takes a lot of work to make it work. It is like earning your martial stripes rather than being granted them - simply by demand.

I am sure - putting sex aside for a moment- to get along with the same sex. There is no dealing with PMS...if you are two men- and there is less resentment and more understanding with PMS if the pair are two woman. I don't thing that popular culture addresses the finer points of this phenomena called same sex.

All they think about is the act of sex in it's various forms. Few take the time and thought about why people avoid committed relationships with the opposite sex and choose to be with the same sex. In bygone eras people would commit to traditional marriage and make it work..Even those who were attracted to the same sex. There was no luxury in existence that allowed people to take the easy route.

All you hear is the same old mantra about "coming out" or they were miserable "living a lie" -so what- life can be miserable..I am sure if a man who finds a beautiful man attractive - could fall in love with a beautiful woman who is attractive...BUT we have these restrictions in place now- that if a gay man does fall in love with a woman...that some how he is betraying the cause...I have seen gay men who were desperately in love with woman for a life time but denied the possibility because of the firm and severe restrictions put on them by this new pop culture...Also- I know for a fact that some lesbians will settle in with a good man...

There is this very nice lesbian girl that I know who is a clerk at a paint store- Is is an angel of a person...She has a "partner" - I asked her an honest question..."If you could find a male with the same qualities as your lesbian partner- would you be with that man?" She said yes...Some will jump on this statement and say she is "bi-sexual" - I don't believe so...Most lesbians do not want to be with men- because most are dumb brutes....just sayin.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:27 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,327,374 times
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with knowing how to defend yourself and home. Most men wouldn't know how to defend their home or themselves if their life depended on it. You aren't born with the knowledge to fight. We are taught, how to, but not always by our fathers. Plus the fighting techniques used when my dad grew up wouldn't stand a chance with what the martial arts teach these days.

We also have these things called defense classes. I highly suggest everyone and I mean everyone take at least one. If you think you know how to fight, but have no actual training, chances are you don't.

Women take self defense classes all the time as do men.

IN regards to building a relationship with the opposite sex, most people have no clue on how to form bonds with the opposite sex to lead to marriage and raising families.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:28 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,327,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Well what are you waiting for, BLOG away...
Sorry, still working on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies