Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 12:31 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Normal, healthy heterosexual individual.
You can't use the word normal to define the word normal.

Quote:
Still, it is not normal. If it was neither of us would existed.
Says who? I would have existed just fine.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
Webster probably has an answer for you.
As well as every other valid dictionary. You can't just make up definitions to whatever you want.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:35 PM

667 posts, read 515,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
As well as every other valid dictionary. You can't just make up definitions to whatever you want.
Glad we cleared that up.

The term normal has many contexts thus many definitions.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:37 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
that's isn't the definition of normal.

Yes it is. It describes 98% of population.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
Glad we cleared that up.

The term normal has many contexts thus many definitions.
You're right, but none of them can be made up or used however you see fit.

Here is a sample:
Quote:
nor·maladjective /ˈnôrməl/ 

1. Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected
    • - it's quite normal for puppies to bolt their food
    • - normal working hours

2. (of a person) Free from physical or mental disorders
  3. (of a line, ray, or other linear feature) Intersecting a given line or surface at right angles
  4. (of a salt solution) Containing the same salt concentration as the blood
  5. (of a solution) Containing one gram-equivalent of solute per liter
  6. Denoting a fault or faulting in which a relative downward movement occurred in the strata situated on the upper side of the fault plane

noun /ˈnôrməl/ 
normals, plural
  1. The usual, average, or typical state or condition
    • - her temperature was above normal
    • - the service will be back to normal next week

2. A person who is physically or mentally healthy
  3. A line at right angles to a given line or surface

Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Maybe it is something other than sexual attraction? It could be that some take the easy way out.
You should wait until homosexuality is accepted across the board and gays don't have to deal with all the persecution and discrimination due to their "choice", before calling homosexuality "the easy way out". It'd be easy for them to counter with, "No, society generally approving of your relationship is one less stressor on your mind, that might help your relationship in general."

At any rate, I (as a fellow heterosexual) think our guesses at what is "maybe" the case should have as much pull on this subject as which painter Stevie Wonder would dub the best in their use of color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There is this very nice lesbian girl that I know who is a clerk at a paint store- Is is an angel of a person...She has a "partner" - I asked her an honest question..."If you could find a male with the same qualities as your lesbian partner- would you be with that man?" She said yes...Some will jump on this statement and say she is "bi-sexual" - I don't believe so...
I reiterate: What we as heterosexuals believe to be the case concerning the attractions or feelings of homosexuals/bisexuals are ultimately irrelevant, and certainly shouldn't hold any weight on the subject of gay marriage/adoption.

But yes, technically speaking, if someone is attracted to both men and women, that would make them bisexual.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:34 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
You should wait until homosexuality is accepted across the board and gays don't have to deal with all the persecution and discrimination due to their "choice", before calling homosexuality "the easy way out". It'd be easy for them to counter with, "No, society generally approving of your relationship is one less stressor on your mind, that might help your relationship in general."

At any rate, I (as a fellow heterosexual) think our guesses at what is "maybe" the case should have as much pull on this subject as which painter Stevie Wonder would dub the best in their use of color..
Yet it doesn't prevent homosexuals to voice their opinion or even want to participate in such inherently heterosexual behavior as raising children, does it?

In my eyes, gays' quest to raise children makes as much sense as me trying for Miss. Universe.
You are gay, you can't have children this way. What is your problem now???

Old 08-10-2012, 01:49 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Yet it doesn't prevent homosexuals to voice their opinion or even want to participate in such inherently heterosexual behavior as raising children, does it?
If you're talking about my reference to the intolerance of homosexuality being a stressor for them, I'm simply telling you that this could make things more challenging for them (as opposed to it being an "easy way out", as the other poster called it). And considering the mountains of evidence showing that homosexual couples still do every bit as good a job (if not better) at both parenting and staying married than heterosexuals, despite this added challenge, I'd say that's pretty admirable!

Quote:
In my eyes, gays' quest to raise children makes as much sense as me trying for Miss. Universe.
Yeah well until you try for Miss Universe and win, I see no comparison. Gays are raising children, even as we speak. Your eyes need glasses.

Quote:
You are gay, you can't have children this way. What is your problem now???
I'm not gay, but lots of homosexual couples are parents (mostly because the heterosexual biological parents had children they either couldn't or wouldn't take care of). The "problem" doesn't seem to be the gay people, as I see it

Old 08-10-2012, 02:12 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
It doesn't? You must have a gay edition then.
To normal people seeing other people together, seeing a couple with a kid or a pregnant lady makes them think about having offspring on their own. Then again, this is in case of normal people.
REALLY ?? and skirts make you think of Vaginas .. Oh wait, it is Kenneth that thinks of Vaginas.

You really have a strange thought pattern.

Maybe you and Kenny should hook up, that is if ya'll can get over your conflicted state.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:17 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
Do you think male gay couple can teach heterosexual boy how to be a man? How?

I WILL JUMP ON THIS ONE .... PLEASE tell me what a "Man" is. DO NOT say if I was one I would know.

I want details.

I am following this thread, so I can wait a few days for you to research your Church's newsletter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies