Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 06:45 PM

33,550 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Lol You win the firearms ignorance award.

A Glock is a brand of handgun, not some evil assault weapon.

A firearm has one simple purpose: to fire a projectile. Where that projectile goes is determined by its human operator. I own 3 AR's and mine have never killed anything. Are mine defective since you believe their only purpose is to kill?
As I said you folks sure love your guns...I have guns also, but they are specifically designed for hunting birds and animals, not people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 06:47 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
As I said you folks sure love your guns...I have guns also, but they are specifically designed for hunting birds and animals, not people.
Your gun will not kill a person if misused ? No difference.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:56 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,615 times
Quote:
Dopey comment of the day award.

Let's see, is my Remington Wingmaster 12 gauge designed to kill people, birds, or animals? I just don't know.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:58 PM

764 posts, read 597,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Bingo!

Mindless 2nd amendment advocacy is clearly one of the biggest threats to the personal safety of those chained to it, but that fact is the last thing to which they will ever give a moment's consideration.
I'm not really pro-gun control. At this point, gun control isn't exactly a viable option considering millions of guns are already in circulation...

...but that's my reason. Not the 2nd Amendment. That's not a concrete, logical reason. I saw something on Vanguard where a gun store owner was selling automatic weapons near the Mexico-America border, with no wait period. His reason to justify it, despite the weapons getting into the drug cartels hands, was because that's not in the Constitution.

So because the Founding Fathers (understandably) didn't have the foresight (240 years ago) to realize that automatic weapons would easily be put into the hands of those apart of, or leading this massive incredibly dangerous criminal system in Mexico, this man can't even be asked to CONSIDER doing things differently.

They were brilliant people, but to follow their words down to the letter is ridiculous. Anyone can stand on the outset of some country and propose all these ideas and thoughts, but when things grow, change, and progress, other things need to be considered when forming policy or ideology...

Old 07-21-2012, 07:06 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
His gun could fire off 50 rounds a minute and he sprayed up the room, you couldn't do that as well with a hunting rifle or handgun. Hate how conservatives hide like cowards behind the 2nd Amendment believing that entitled them to any arm they want, the most powerful thing you could own back then was a cannon
A nut job is an nut job. If he didn't have access to a semi-auto, he would have made a pipe bomb. There is no secret to making an explosive device. You can simply look it up on the net. The guy had his apartment rigged for crying out loud. You want an answer to the problem? How about parents parenting. How about people taking responsibility for their own action or inaction. How about stop buying your kids video games and start buying them basketballs and tennis rackets. How about not giving in to your childs every whim and making them a better human being. How about being the adult in the family.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:09 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:
Simple answer...An AR-15 and Glocks are designed for one thing only, to kill people. They have no business in the hands of untrained citizens.
Ignorance is not an excuse. A revolver is no different than a Glock. Years ago I watched two guys shoot it out at the range. The old guy and his speed loader outshot the kid and his Glock. This was before the magazine ban. The kid put a few more down range but the old man put more on the target.

If you don't know what a speed loader is, educate yourself.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:12 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If you don't know what a speed loader is, educate yourself.
And it takes less than 2 seconds to pop in another clip. Preloaded clips in a pocket can be easily carried and used.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Simple answer...An AR-15 and Glocks are designed for one thing only, to kill people. They have no business in the hands of untrained citizens.
No, that is not where you are going... I am a "trained" citizen and you would have them banned from me as well.... CAll it what it is.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It had to happen, though I'm surprised it started so quickly.

Though considering the desperation of liberals falling behind in more and more polls nationwide, with a major election coming, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised at their using everything, up to and including mass murders, to justify their increasingly unpopular agenda.

Never mind that laws against gun ownership, only restrict the law-abiding.

Never mind that the areas with the strictest laws against guns, are the areas where gun crimes of all kinds stay at the highest levels year after year in spite of those laws.

Never mind the complete lack of any evidence showing that gun laws prevent criminals from using guns.

Is there anything these people won't do, any lie they won't tell, any tragedy they won't exploit, to push their tired, failed agenda?

I guess we need to remember the words of Barack Obama's then-Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel: "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."

But couldn't they at least wait until the bodies have cooled?
Maybe it's the ammo that needs to be regulated. 6k rounds of ammo ordered online? C'mon.....

Old 07-21-2012, 07:15 PM

390 posts, read 265,938 times
Quote:
So your specifically designed guns wouldn't kill a human if someone with nasty intent got ahold of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies