Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 06:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Absurd, but I agree. What is wrong with being dark skinned? There is nothing wrong with looking African. I'm lighter brown than many Latinos, but when I was a kid I always wanted to be darker. I have seen to many beautiful African women...I think having darker skin helps cover up any flaw or blemish, and it makes them look more athletic.
The extreme prejudice and racism I experience from blacks and whites because of my skin tone. All of this "dark is so beautiful" b.s. is not reflected in my everyday life

Old 09-01-2012, 08:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
The extreme prejudice and racism I experience from blacks and whites because of my skin tone. All of this "dark is so beautiful" b.s. is not reflected in my everyday life
Whites I can understand tho it ain't right but "racism" against you from BLACKS even tho you're def "Black"? Please don't say cause you're real dark cause many Blacks are "blue" Black and they don't have any room to talk trash about you.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:23 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Whites I can understand tho it ain't right but "racism" against you from BLACKS even tho you're def "Black"? Please don't say cause you're real dark cause many Blacks are "blue" Black and they don't have any room to talk trash about you.
Darkskinned blacks can hate other darkskinned blacks because they hate themselves. I've experienced racism from lightskinned blacks and mixed race individuals who think they are above me, and feel that I should be put in my place. When I dress up, do my hair and wear nice clothes, I've had mixed race and lightskinned individuals call me a darkie and say "who does she think she is with her black self. she's not beyonce" They don't think darkskinned women have a right to to feel good about themselves and try to look attractive.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Arabs ARE "white". Sheesh! Not all of us white people are pasty skin with straight red or blond hair. My hair is curly.

Tho even many, not all, dark skin whites want that "Celtic" look.
Not all Arabs are white....

Old 09-01-2012, 08:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
It seems like I am the only one. The other black people posting in this thread claim to be mixed looking or lightskinned. I am the only one that is darkskinned and unmixed. Now why is that?
You are fortunate - that's all.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:43 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,459,965 times
Quote:
Darkskinned blacks can hate other darkskinned blacks because they hate themselves. I've experienced racism from lightskinned blacks and mixed race individuals who think they are above me, and feel that I should be put in my place. When I dress up, do my hair and wear nice clothes, I've had mixed race and lightskinned individuals call me a darkie and say "who does she think she is with her black self. she's not beyonce" They don't think darkskinned women have a right to to feel good about themselves and try to look attractive.
I believe you. I have a son who has very dark skin like Wesley Snipes or Lance Gross. He has been called a lot of names(by other blacks) for having dark skin.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
That's just sad.

I say that cause I knew a young "blue" Black lady who was quite cute and a real sweet attitude although the hood rats would've called her an "Oreo" cause she talked proper and had NO "swag". Ok, I think she did straighten her hair but the rest of her was what "God" gave her.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Lindo View Post
I believe you. I have a son who has very dark skin like Wesley Snipes or Lance Gross. He has been called a lot of names(by other blacks) for having dark skin.
I don't get the prejudice against your son by other Black people. Any idea why? This's a serious question here.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
I don't get the prejudice against your son by other Black people. Any idea why? This's a serious question here.
A proper explanation would fill an entire thread....and even then still would not fully answer the question.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
I won't discount your experience because I do know that there are colorstruck people in this world. But I will also say that you can not prejudge me or all others who does not share your coloring and make the assumption that we would do the same. You really need to remember that all Black people who are "lighter" than you are not the "enemy"....its the stupid people who are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies