Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,010,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
LOL! Sounds like a typical deranged GOP teabagger loon. You can't make this stuff up.

Hank Williams Jr. Blasts Obama Again, Says President Is Muslim, 'Hates Cowgirls,' 'Loves Gays'

As I've always said: the hatred of Obama on the right has more to do with cultural, religious, and social issues than fiscal or economic matters.
This is typical of the southern wing of the Repub party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 10:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Hank Jr. wasn't immensely popular until he began singing his own songs with his own style. If you can't recognize the distinct difference between Hank Jr and Hank Sr.'s style, then you don't know country and western music.

Hank Jr. may have rode some "coattails" when he was very young, but no one can deny his success on his own merit, as the poster I answered stated.
Geezus Christ....he's a COUNTRY artist, ok? Let's not get carried away with the whole "talent" thing. There isn't another genre of music with more talentless myrmidons than country...and Hank Williams Jr. is right at the top of that list.

There was a time in which that genre had at least a modicum of talent, but those days are long gone. Hank Jr. never had any to begin with. He's the musician equivalent of Michael Reagan....all last name and little else.

If the guy actually had some musical talent, he wouldn't be wasting his time with this political gimmick.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,466 times
Stay tune for more of Hank Williams Jr.'s United Hates of America after this important message from Clint Eastwood's chair

LOL, oh crap

Old 09-04-2012, 12:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Stay tune for more of Hank Williams Jr.'s United Hates of America after this important message from Clint Eastwood's chair

LOL, oh crap
ROTFLMAO!

Old 09-04-2012, 12:21 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,077,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Keep it up. The more we hear from that no-talent racist the better.
Based on what you said here.... you could just as easily be talking about Kayne West or Spike Lee as well as Hank Williams

I dislike todays country music almost as much as current rap music

Old 09-04-2012, 12:44 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,205,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Bideshi, honey...I listened very carefully to this YouTube recording. What he actually said you and others have taken completely and totally out of context. In all fairness, there is a lot of static on the recording, so you must listen closely. I have Attention-Deficit, and possibly you do, too, so it's hard for people like us to take the time to really listen in order to grasp 'meaning' and 'intent'. We tend to take bits and pieces without hearing the entire speech. I listened multiple times to make sure I understood his words and meaning.

If you listen to his entire commentary on the recording, Obama is explaining that it is a challenge to get people persuaded that we - this country - can make progress, when there is no evidence of that in their daily lives. Because in many small towns, people are disheartened because nothing has changed in their areas (uses Pennsylvania and the Midwest as an example) for many years. He comments that they have been told by the administration (going all the way back to the Carter administration) that their communities would re-generate and they have not. It isn't surprising that they become bitter (he is being sympathetic to their plight) and so (and he is implying this is quite natural given the seriousness of their situations) they turn to guns, or religion,or antipathy to people who aren't like them, or anti-trade center... *** as a way *** to (vent and) explain *** their frustrations ***.

My take is that rather than being critical or judgemental, Obama was being respectful and understanding of those who have grown impatient because needed change has been so long in coming. He expressed empathy for their situations. He was not being disrespectful in any way, shape, or form. Nor did he ever make derogatory comments about 'the Bible' or 'guns'. Personally, it seemed he was drawing from his "community organizer" background and his experience in understanding the process of social reform, understanding where people are naturally coming from when they are frustrated. Community organization gives Mr. Obama a great skill set as President to understand processes to help our nation achieve our collective and individual goals. This was a very short clip...probably with his staff or volunteers, etc...1 minute, 39 seconds. You gaslighters amaze me!! You're sharp, but then again, you aren't so sharp.

When people mis-quote Mr. Obama, many times, what they are doing is gaslighting...masking the TRUTH...purposely misleading people to make them doubt themselves and doubt others i.e. President Obama...and that person who is misquoting would be someone like Y-O-U, who has purposely posted on City Data to mislead people about our President. That is your perogative since we do live in a free country and have freedom of speech...but when I hear someone like you purposely and unkindly misleading folks...I have to double-up on my listening and reading skills... and guess what? That only makes me more informed about what is actually going on, or the truth of the matter.

So thank you for this opportunity to brush up on what Obama ACTUALLY said...and to be able to post my interpretation of his talk on this forum. Bideshi...I know you like to 'bait' people...but because you do, you make people like me go "wait a minute...is that what he said?" and we must go and discover for ourselves what was actually said. We become better informed and better able to make good decisions. I would never take what anyone says at face value about someone else...I would need to do a thorough investigation until I am satisfied that I have gotten all the facts straight. The sad thing is...many people would never do their own investigation...they would listen to what amounts to uninformed, vicious opinionation (this is a slang word, and it is actually a word cuz I just looked it up) and take it as the truth. I think the members of City Data Forum are more inclined to investigate and form their own opinions rather than taking unkind gossip as the truth.

So thank you, honey, for giving me the opportunity to do that. What you're doing is re-enforcing the reason we'll vote Democrat in this November's election. I'll be a better informed voter when I send my mail-in ballot to vote for my President, Mr. Obama, thanks to you.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:53 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
Bideshi, honey...I listened very carefully to this YouTube recording. What he actually said you and others have taken completely and totally out of context. In all fairness, there is a lot of static on the recording, so you must listen closely. I have Attention-Deficit, and possibly you do, too, so it's hard for people like us to take the time to really listen in order to grasp 'meaning' and 'intent'. We tend to take bits and pieces without hearing the entire speech. I listened multiple times to make sure I understood his words and meaning.

If you listen to his entire commentary on the recording, Obama is explaining that it is a challenge to get people persuaded that we - this country - can make progress, when there is no evidence of that in their daily lives. Because in many small towns, people are disheartened because nothing has changed in their areas (uses Pennsylvania and the Midwest as an example) for many years. He comments that they have been told by the administration (going all the way back to the Carter administration) that their communities would re-generate and they have not. It isn't surprising that they become bitter (he is being sympathetic to their plight) and so (and he is implying this is quite natural given the seriousness of their situations) they turn to guns, or religion,or antipathy to people who aren't like them, or anti-trade center... *** as a way *** to (vent and) explain *** their frustrations ***.

My take is that rather than being critical or judgemental, Obama was being respectful and understanding of those who have grown impatient because needed change has been so long in coming. He expressed empathy for their situations. He was not being disrespectful in any way, shape, or form. Nor did he ever make derogatory comments about 'the Bible' or 'guns'. Personally, it seemed he was drawing from his "community organizer" background and his experience in understanding the process of social reform, understanding where people are naturally coming from when they are frustrated. Community organization gives Mr. Obama a great skill set as President to understand processes to help our nation achieve our collective and individual goals. This was a very short clip...probably with his staff or volunteers, etc...1 minute, 39 seconds. You gaslighters amaze me!! You're sharp, but then again, you aren't so sharp.

When people mis-quote Mr. Obama, many times, what they are doing is gaslighting...masking the TRUTH...purposely misleading people to make them doubt themselves and doubt others i.e. President Obama...and that person who is misquoting would be someone like Y-O-U, who has purposely posted on City Data to mislead people about our President. That is your perogative since we do live in a free country and have freedom of speech...but when I hear someone like you purposely and unkindly misleading folks...I have to double-up on my listening and reading skills... and guess what? That only makes me more informed about what is actually going on, or the truth of the matter.

So thank you for this opportunity to brush up on what Obama ACTUALLY said...and to be able to post my interpretation of his talk on this forum. Bideshi...I know you like to 'bait' people...but because you do, you make people like me go "wait a minute...is that what he said?" and we must go and discover for ourselves what was actually said. We become better informed and better able to make good decisions. I would never take what anyone says at face value about someone else...I would need to do a thorough investigation until I am satisfied that I have gotten all the facts straight. The sad thing is...many people would never do their own investigation...they would listen to what amounts to uninformed, vicious opinionation (this is a slang word, and it is actually a word cuz I just looked it up) and take it as the truth. I think the members of City Data Forum are more inclined to investigate and form their own opinions rather than taking unkind gossip as the truth.

So thank you, honey, for giving me the opportunity to do that. What you're doing is re-enforcing the reason we'll vote Democrat in this November's election. I'll be a better informed voter when I send my mail-in ballot to vote for my President, Mr. Obama, thanks to you.
Look they don't want to hear the truth. They are racist and bigots. You cant change that and neither can Obama.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:54 PM

800 posts, read 781,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Geezus Christ....he's a COUNTRY artist, ok? Let's not get carried away with the whole "talent" thing. There isn't another genre of music with more talentless myrmidons than country...and Hank Williams Jr. is right at the top of that list.

There was a time in which that genre had at least a modicum of talent, but those days are long gone. Hank Jr. never had any to begin with. He's the musician equivalent of Michael Reagan....all last name and little else.

If the guy actually had some musical talent, he wouldn't be wasting his time with this political gimmick.
I can think of one it's called rap music. A preschooler could come up with half of the lyrics I hear come out of that genre of "music". In addition the cultural influence of rap music has generally been nothing but terrible. So there you go bud

Old 09-04-2012, 12:54 PM

831 posts, read 681,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post

My take is that rather than being critical, Obama was being very respectful and understanding of those who have grown impatient because needed change has been so long in coming. He expressed empathy for their situations. He was not being disrespectful in any way, shape, or form. Nor did he ever make derogatory comments about 'the Bible' or 'guns'. Personally, it seemed he was drawing from his "community organizer" background and his experience in understanding the process of social reform, understanding where people are naturally coming from when they are frustrated. Mr. Obama is skilled at community organization, so he has a perfect background as a President to understand processes to help our nation achieve our collective and individual goals. This was a very short clip...probably with his staff or volunteers, etc...1 minute, 39 seconds. You gaslighters amaze me!! You're sharp, but then again, you aren't so sharp.

LMAO....... if it were to my conservative way, i wouldda just whooped him for being a moron and a liar, somehow it seems more satisfying seing the idiot on the recieving end of a political slap down.
And yes, as a non liberal, President Obama is a safer bet for the last time.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:57 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There had to be some inbreeding being done in this guy's family...

Hank Williams Jr. Blasts Obama Again, Says President Is Muslim, 'Hates Cowgirls,' 'Loves Gays'
He's just being himself. This is the same person who sang the song "If the South woulda won".

Hank Williams Jr. If the south wouda won - YouTube

Anyone who sings a song about wanting the South to win, well, not much is left to the imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies