Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Such as Romney right? Come on Finn.
No, it is not about Romney as a person, it is about the false teaching of mormonism. With you it is all about tearing down the person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 06:06 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
And this compares to Romney, a mormon, who believes that black people are cursed angels, how?
You're crazy. When did Romney ever say that he believes black people are "cursed angels"? And where on earth did you get this information? The stupidity and intolerance of people who post on this forum is nothing short of mind-boggling.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you really believe what you say about 90% of that church being white? Watch this video of the God Damn America sermon from Wright. At about 2:30 you can see a huge group of his crowd and unless they practiced outright segregation there they indicate that you are confused about the numbers in that church. On the way to seeing those people you may listen to him talk about how our government placed black people on slave farms, Many things he said in that rant were completely untrue since our government did not place them on slave farms.

Long excerpt of Wright's "God Damn America" speech - YouTube
I've never written that Trinity UCC is 90% white. I've reapedly said the denomination that it voluntarily belongs to is overwhelmingly white.

Since you prefer visual evidence. There is a crowed shot at the :18 mark of this video of Obama speaking at the 2007 Synod of the UCC.

Barack Obama addresses General Synod 26 in Hartford on Vimeo

Are you denying there was slavery in this country?

Old 09-10-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
God will judge.
Not only will God judge, He won't be asking for anybody's input either. The lack of Christian love shown by "true Christians" to anyone outside of their private little clue these days is absolutely astonishing. And these people have somehow convinced themselves that Jesus Christ is pleased with them for it.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Do you fly to Chicago weekly so you can attend that church and know about what goes on. Many all white churches I know of bring in all black choirs because they do sing very well when they sing religious stuff.
Trinity's services are streamed live on the Internet every Sunday. The have 3 services. Often I catch their service prior to attending my local church.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Never said the word Hell. You are a bearing false witness. I just post scripture from the bible and none of that said hell.
Out of that entire paragraph, you respond to only ONE WORD. You are very transparent and it is as clear as a neon sign your words do not represent the teachings of Christ. You've been told this by a fellow Christian, yet you're too prideful to hear it, and so you go on trying to prove YOU are the one who is "right".....but you're not right, not at all.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Or in Cone's real words the lynching was done by the white people. Cone sees it all in black and white not human race.
From the same article

Cone said people still misunderstand his theology. He said he does not believe that whites are more sinful than others.
“God made us all as brothers and sisters,” he said. “I’m mad when people don’t treat others as brothers and sisters. I’m concerned about the suffering of all people, not just black people. If anybody is being treated unjustly, I’m with them.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Not only will God judge, He won't be asking for anybody's input either. The lack of Christian love shown by "true Christians" to anyone outside of their private little clue these days is absolutely astonishing. And these people have somehow convinced themselves that Jesus Christ is pleased with them for it.
You never answered my question. Do Mormons believe in multiple gods in any manner?

Quote:
Finn, you know I don't believe he is a muslim. Why do you post a lie?
Quote:
Finn has joined THEM recently and says little with worries about truth.
When it gets right down to it, some people simply believe that the end justifies the means. If you have to lie about someone's beliefs in order to make people hate them as bad as you do, that's considered justifiable in some people's eyes. Finn has this tactic down to a science.

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is not about Romney as a person, it is about the false teaching of mormonism. With you it is all about tearing down the person.
No it isn't . It is his theology.. Same as you think Romney's belief's are wrong. I believe that Obama's beliefs are wrong.

What do you think when a democrat tears me down as a Christian. You are cheering and your insincere comment to me to have a good day is accepted with a grain of salt.

Obama's beliefs , what he took in is what he will make decisions on. Finn, I wish Obama was a man who did not have his beliefs. but the decisions he makes back up what he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies