Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 09:34 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you "know" the difference between "no" and "know"?
Sometimes when I don't type to fast and push submit.........I do "know" not to be childish in asking too many questions and "know" how to research on my own........... how about you???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I believe the "left" is always telling others this.........it's most common among non-believers like they no the difference.
Actually, you're incorrect. The No True Scotsman fallacy is always used among Conservative Christians trying to claim anyone who doesn't believe exactly as they do is, not a "True Christian".

Old 09-10-2012, 09:54 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Please! I'm not interested in becoming a Mormon; I asked the question because the poster is a Mormon.
I'm always happy to answer questions about my beliefs, FancyFeast, and when people ask me questions, I generally assume that they are asking simply to become better educated about a belief system other than their own, and not because they are considering a conversion to Mormonism.

Quote:
What matters is that we keep a clean separation between church and state in this country.
I agree. I am very much in favor of a separation between church and state myself.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm not Mormon either, but when I wanted answers I went to the source and got it myself........... I didn't drill someone with "how many gods do you believe in" and "did Joseph Smith use a magic looking glass"...........
I couldn't agree more. If a person wanted to learn about Judaism, who would be his best source of accurate information -- a believing Jew or a fundamentalist Muslim? In learning about people's religious beliefs, it's always best to go to those people themselves, and not to their enemies.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I couldn't agree more. If a person wanted to learn about Judaism, who would be his best source of accurate information -- a believing Jew or a fundamentalist Muslim? In learning about people's religious beliefs, it's always best to go to those people themselves, and not to their enemies.
Not sure that's always applicable. I've met countless Christians who know very little about what's actually in the Bible. Most atheists i've interacted with understand it far better than your typical Christian.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Really - REALLY - dumb post!!
Mine is dumber than yours? Yours is nothing but a personal attack and should be reported as such, but you know I won't do it, don't you?

Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Also many Christian Churches do not accept the Nicene and Anastasian creeds, Most Christian Churches do not pray to Saints as the Roman Catholic and Orthodox Churches do. Does THAT make them "polytheistic" ?

No.

I send my Lutheran children to a Catholic school because our public schools here are not good. In the summer, my daughter wanted to take an advanced language class. Her guidance counselor a Roman Catholic nun gave her a brochure for an online high school whose credits were universally accepted. I was Brigham Young HS online and the course was excellent.

This is not about creeds or the trinity or anything else. It's about what man would be best to lead our country.

For me, it's Obama.
I used to love studying about the Reformation in my World History classes at a time when the Catholics and Lutherans were holding their catechism. That small town was about 1/3 Catholic, 1/3 Lutheran and the rest were other protestants. I loved getting those kids after each other because of what they were being told in their catechism classes. You better watch what those Catholics are teaching your Lutheran kids.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Not sure that's always applicable. I've met countless Christians who know very little about what's actually in the Bible. Most atheists i've interacted with understand it far better than your typical Christian.
Most of the atheists on this forum are clueless about religion, judging by what they post.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 PM

592 posts, read 414,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
A lot of Christians do not store up the words of God, that's true. But as long as they believe Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the living God, and they keep his commandments, then they will be saved.

Believe me, MLK, Malcom X, white supremacy, black power, lynching, and reparations are not in the gospel. Most of these social justice preachers are not preaching the gospel of hope for eternal life. They are not Christians.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Obama tried working across the aisle and the Reps were the obstructionists.
I think there is a heavy chance that you have been reading too much Kos when you make statements like that one. Obama compromising consists of him saying "My way or the highway" and you know that or you are blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies