Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 10:36 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's possible that Obama does not even really care, and that he only joined that particular church in order to get him some street cred with the local people. The man grew up in Hawaii, went to a posh private school and then graduated from Ivy League schools, is it a stretch that he thought he needed this church to look more like he was down for the struggle?

That would be the Alinskiy strategy.
Nothinbg to be proud of either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 11:01 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,887 times
And Romney's church believes God lives on some planet called Kolob. You should worry about that!

Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
He's a politician not a religious figure. Politicians and businessmen do things like that all the time. It's part of the game.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If you read he's post it does say different than "Traditional Christian" have to say Reverend Wright doesn't have much support from black preachers. Obama sure got rid of him.........
Rev. Wright is constantly being asked to preach all across the country and across denominational lines. He has been for some time. He has a pretty active schedule for someone who is retired.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Most of the atheists on this forum are clueless about religion, judging by what they post.
Do you have examples?

Old 09-11-2012, 07:02 AM

990 posts, read 939,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama's roots in Black Liberation Theology describes crucifixion equal to a lynching and whites must step down from their power in order to please God.

Dude is half-white and was raised by his white family members.
He joined that church for political reasons.

Complain about his politics, but this stuff is clearly steeped in racist ideals. You honestly think that he's somehow going to turn this country into a Black Panther paradise where whites are slaves and blacks are their masters? Give me a break.

This is tinfoil hat territory.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Do you have examples?
Heck yeah! But it's hard to do a search for something like that with CD's sucky search engine. One does read posts where non-Christians make dumb statements such as "ALL Christians oppose the use of birth control" which is simply untrue, that Christians run food banks and the like to convert people, also untrue at least with the Catholics and main-line protestants, etc. If I come across something while this thread is active, I'll post it.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually, you're incorrect. The No True Scotsman fallacy is always used among Conservative Christians trying to claim anyone who doesn't believe exactly as they do is, not a "True Christian".
You got me there........but I'd say when it becomes about the person/group it's not about Jesus........many churches claim to be the "Only Church" no where in the Bible is this claimed.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I couldn't agree more. If a person wanted to learn about Judaism, who would be his best source of accurate information -- a believing Jew or a fundamentalist Muslim? In learning about people's religious beliefs, it's always best to go to those people themselves, and not to their enemies.
Agree!! I also believe one should do it some where besides the Political forum of CD......maybe people don't realize theres a religious forum......... like any religious faith theres questionable things that most just can't answer.

Like Christians trying to explain the talking donkey....................

Heck, I don't know why theres a talking donkey........My answer would be God made it talk and God does everything and anything he wants!! I don't have time for things I can't explain, theres plenty more to concern myself with in being a better Christan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think there is a heavy chance that you have been reading too much Kos when you make statements like that one. Obama compromising consists of him saying "My way or the highway" and you know that or you are blind.
Don't forget "Collective Salvation"...........whatever that is!!!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
And Romney's church believes God lives on some planet called Kolob. You should worry about that!
I worry a whole lot more about idiots who are gullible enough to believe anything they hear or read about Mormonism. Romney's Church believes God lives in Heaven. (This is a perfect example of what happens when you get your information from an inaccurate source. Furthermore, this thread is about Obama's beliefs, not about Romney's.)

Last edited by Katzpur; 09-11-2012 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies