Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Your side needs to make up its mind: Muslim or Christian?? Can't have it both ways....
If you read he's post it does say different than "Traditional Christian" have to say Reverend Wright doesn't have much support from black preachers. Obama sure got rid of him.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Also many Christian Churches do not accept the Nicene and Anastasian creeds, Most Christian Churches do not pray to Saints as the Roman Catholic and Orthodox Churches do. Does THAT make them "polytheistic" ?

No.

I send my Lutheran children to a Catholic school because our public schools here are not good. In the summer, my daughter wanted to take an advanced language class. Her guidance counselor a Roman Catholic nun gave her a brochure for an online high school whose credits were universally accepted. I was Brigham Young HS online and the course was excellent.

This is not about creeds or the trinity or anything else. It's about what man would be best to lead our country.

For me, it's Obama.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It's easy to turn your back on Jesus Christ when all is going well- and you have achieved great earthly success...Who the hell needs God when you are President...You carry the nuclear football...You have the potential to be "The destroyer of worlds"...It would be nice if Obama would finally either submit to God- through Islam or through Christ- just submit...and behave - Is that too much to ask?
Well, he already covered up Jesus Christ in Georgetown.........not sure why my guess is he didn't want to offend someone.........if he said he was Muslim and served Allah then his plan would not be complete.

Think theres a passage about being ashamed of Jesus and the price a real believer will pay........

Old 09-10-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That kind of commentaty is the norm among the Limbaugh Repubicans and such. Look at this whole thread: its whole purpose it to somehow portray someone as a "not a good enough Christian".
I believe the "left" is always telling others this.........it's most common among non-believers like they no the difference.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
this question: http://www.city-data.com/forum/26035018-post138.htm

And Post #143 in this thread.
If you really wanted to know you could read the Book of Mormon or go to their website.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
We are not electing a Bishop a Pope a Priest , Rabbi, Pastor or Imam. We are voting for president of the United States, which happens to include Unitarians, Buddhists, Moslems, Wiccans, Jews and many variety of Christians.

I don't care what "God Head" Romney believes is and actually yes, I do know what that means; nor do I care what church Barack Obama attends or does not attend. I really do not give a crap.

What I do care about is their policies and for this reason, I am voting for Barack Obama. And I do not care who he prays to or if he prays at all.
You may not think it matters, but ones faith is what drives ones soul......... Thats not just put in a box and never to be used!!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If you really wanted to know you could read the Book of Mormon or go to their website.........

You may not think it matters, but ones faith is what drives ones soul......... Thats not just put in a box and never to be used!!
Please! I'm not interested in becoming a Mormon; I asked the question because the poster is a Mormon.

What matters is that we keep a clean separation between church and state in this country.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama is the leader of the country .I watched Clinton work across the aisle to get something done for the people. Obama said he wants to spend time with his family and never worked with the democrats either to get a budget together. Obama doesn't work with anyone.

Pelosi does the work and Obama cruises in political mode all the time.
Obama tried working across the aisle and the Reps were the obstructionists.

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble Obama made it worse going after his green energy agenda and pushing through his Obamacare.. His lack of helping to create jobs- keystone pipeline, only 33% of leases to drill for oil passed .. we are in big trouble.. and Obama disarming us to sling shots..a no nuclear weapon president is in the white house.. plus for not creating jobs another avalanche of home mortgage foreclosures.. tens of thousands more coming and the American middle class is damaged for years to come.
What green energy agenda? What the h*ll are you talking about, slingshots, no nuclear weapons? Post some links, ASAP. I thought the Reps wanted the free market to do the job creating.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I believe the "left" is always telling others this.........it's most common among non-believers like they no the difference.
Do you "know" the difference between "no" and "know"?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble Obama made it worse going after his green energy agenda and pushing through his Obamacare.. His lack of helping to create jobs- keystone pipeline, only 33% of leases to drill for oil passed .. we are in big trouble.. and Obama disarming us to sling shots..a no nuclear weapon president is in the white house.. plus for not creating jobs another avalanche of home mortgage foreclosures.. tens of thousands more coming and the American middle class is damaged for years to come.
Obviously you "forgot" about the upswing in manufacturing jobs over the past three years.

Manufacturing jobs boom is for real - Sep. 10, 2012

"And the jobs pay well. Starting salaries are often as much as $45,000 to $50,000. Overtime, which is common because of a shortage of skilled workers, can bump that up significantly."

Old 09-10-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Please! I'm not interested in becoming a Mormon; I asked the question because the poster is a Mormon.

What matters is that we keep a clean separation between church and state in this country.
I didn't say you wanted to become a Mormon........don't you see how silly it is to ask questions of peoples faith and not try to get educated for yourself. I'm not Mormon either, but when I wanted answers I went to the source and got it myself........... I didn't drill someone with "how many gods do you believe in" and "did Joseph Smith use a magic looking glass"...........

for yourself!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies