Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 07:14 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
is it the responsibility of your aunt and older brother's next door neighbors to provide for their health insurance?
if you say no, then how can you expect the goverment to provide for their health insurance?

there is no responsibility of goverment to provide for health insurance, none at all.

No there is not nor any charge by the Constitution or delegated powers to do so either.

Sorry guys that's the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 07:18 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
The fact is you do not need health insurance. If I was self-employed I would not have it.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is you do not need health insurance. If I was self-employed I would not have it.
Correct. You do not need it. However, if you are unlucky and unable to treat yourself, you are either stuck with paying bills that can and often do reach into the millions or, if you lack those funds, you will have to declare bankruptcy.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
You've never met really rich people have you. The richest people I've ever met are some of the worst nickel and dimer's ever. They will fight for every single thing. On top of that when you combine that with an expense that is a surprise and could easily have been preventable, so basically just a flushed 30k anyone is going to be pissed.

Just because you have a ton of money doesn't make you frivolous with it.
You know, this is the beauty of the internet - you just never know who's on the other end. Alas, there is no good answer to your statement because, well, this is the internet and everybody can be whatever they want to be. Thus, any sensible response would be rather futile because you can not know what is truth and what is fiction.

I can tell you that I retired in my early twenties - but you cannot verify it.
I can tell you that you, too, know my name - but you cannot verify it.
I can tell you that you likely use a product I conceptualized - but you cannot verify it.

If you pay close attention to this board, you will find out that there is an extraordinary contingent of 1%ers. Like you, I cannot verify their assertions. If they are, I have no idea if we ever met in real life - just like they likely won't know, either. I do know that I would not blink at a high health care bill - I still would make sure that every item on that bill was justified. That's how I got to where I am in life. Which you cannot verify.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:24 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Correct. You do not need it. However, if you are unlucky and unable to treat yourself, you are either stuck with paying bills that can and often do reach into the millions or, if you lack those funds, you will have to declare bankruptcy.

look, medical prices are out of range because of medical insurance. my friend has had her yearly physical each and every year for $50 a time.

how you ask? she gets it because she shops around and finds a doctor willing to do without all the paperwork, and on a strictly cash basis.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
It's our ("the government") responsibility if we say it is. And more and more we are saying it is. Get over it, UHC is going to happen and that's a given. We just have to jump through hoops and play games with lessor systems in the meantime, for politics sake.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 PM

679 posts, read 615,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
You know, this is the beauty of the internet - you just never know who's on the other end. Alas, there is no good answer to your statement because, well, this is the internet and everybody can be whatever they want to be. Thus, any sensible response would be rather futile because you can not know what is truth and what is fiction.
True, but question:

Why would you think that someone who was rich would not care about a $30k hospital bill that happened because they let insurance lapse?

How much do you believe a 1%er makes?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
look, medical prices are out of range because of medical insurance. my friend has had her yearly physical each and every year for $50 a time.

how you ask? she gets it because she shops around and finds a doctor willing to do without all the paperwork, and on a strictly cash basis.
You are correct - medical insurance is partially to blame for high prices. Medical offices simply bill whatever they feel like - sometimes frivolous charges that cannot be justified. Still, since there is no personal accountability, they often get away with it.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:

What's your friend going to do if she gets in an accident or developes cancer? Look, the routine stuff is peanuts, my own Dr charges $80 for a visit to tell me nothing is wrong. However, if I need lab work ($$) xrays($$) or other tests ($$) it's not so cheap. If I need surgery there is no discount hospital/staff available for me. I don't have time to shop around or leave the country or find someone working out of their kitchen for cash...NOR WOULD I WANT TO. It's the big stuff, not the little stuff, that wrecks people.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:40 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Government health insurance is paid for by the TAXPAYERS.... that includes me. So yes, Obama is asking me to pay for my health insurance plus the health insurance for other people.

And yes, the mandate will have a huge negative impact on me. It's already increasing health insurance rates.
So are freeways and dams and national parks. Are those a bad deal for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies