Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:06 AM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
It's funny how many Obama supporters seem to support the TSA and their illegal tactics and yet were the same ones opposing GW Bush for much less invasive anti-terror techniques. It's funny that the TSA, an organization whose agents received little to no training, can get away with searches without probable cause and yet if police tried this on the street then they'd be out of a job or have charges filed against them.
Surprisingly I don't know ANYONE who "supports the TSA". Not a liberal, not an Obama supporter, nobody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 03:51 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Surprisingly I don't know ANYONE who "supports the TSA". Not a liberal, not an Obama supporter, nobody.
Ceece, they're all around you. Just open your eyes. I don't know how you can miss a TSA supporter.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I hope this conviction is appealed to the Supreme Court. We either have a Fourth Amendment or we do not.
4th Amendment? How is that relevant in this case?

Do all of the TSA hating tinfoil warriors think that citizens should have the right to express their frustration with all laws directly to any law enforcement officers within earshot? Or just the laws that you don't agree with?

Should I be able to yell and scream for 30 minutes at the cop that is trying to give me a speeding ticket without any punishment?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
A question for obama zombies... If it is ok for tsa to pat down a little kid for no reason why is it not ok for arizona police to ask for proof of citzenship in a legal traffic stop? When i say legal that means they broke the law such as speeding or a car accident.

Not that you really care about facts, but it mainly deals with consent vs. non consent. Add a dash of probable cause issues and racial profiling into the mix also.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know anyone who supports the TSA, either. Nobody. Security theater doesn't protect the masses, it only enriches those who supply it.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Disorderly conduct, not a stretch, although I disagree with the charge.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:43 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,443,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Ceece, they're all around you. Just open your eyes. I don't know how you can miss a TSA supporter.
Perhaps I'm just being a little slow today, but would you mind pointing one out so we can identify them?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:56 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
I don't like a whole lot of laws, but otoh if I choose to break them I'm not going to stamp my feet about it.

A security pat-down at an airport seems rather low on the list of things I would break the law to protest.

Not to mention the woman's comments about "pedophiles" reveal her to be a flagrant idiot.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:12 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Originally Posted by gomexico
Yes, and the "report" is featured on an extremist website. The mother should be investigated for child abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Not only is this an idiotic statement but the website is only "extremist" because you are a good little sheep who swallows hook line sinker what the msm feeds you.Go back to sleep your government will protect you right up until the point they imprison you for something you did....its just a matter of time before we are all terrorists in the eyes of the government.Oh and the only child abuse was the abuse done by the hands of the scum who work for the TSA...you would have LOVED living in Nazi Germany.
gomexico's posting history is that of a juvenile looking for a reaction, more than adding salient thoughts to the conversation.

BTW... you know those scanning machines that are safe?

CHICAGO (AP) — The federal government is quietly removing full-body X-ray scanners from seven major airports and replacing them with a different type of machine that produces a cartoon-like outline instead of the naked images that have been compared to a virtual strip search.

Metro - TSA replacing controversial body scanners with less invasive 'millimeter wave'

My take: The TSA is quietly replacing all of them, because in fact they are not safe.

Sucks to be anyone that passed through those radiation kill zones.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
4th Amendment? How is that relevant in this case?

Do all of the TSA hating tinfoil warriors think that citizens should have the right to express their frustration with all laws directly to any law enforcement officers within earshot? Or just the laws that you don't agree with?

Should I be able to yell and scream for 30 minutes at the cop that is trying to give me a speeding ticket without any punishment?
Yes. I protest all the time when revenue officers aka police officers steal my money via their idiotic tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies