Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Does the 4th amendment just magically disappear because you want to get on a freakin' plane ? NO ! Go read the bill of rights. The 4th amendment states, "The right of the people to be secure in their persons".
You need to wake up too, sister.
By attempting to fly and entering the checkpoint you consent to the search. The 4th Amendment is moot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 03:11 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
By attempting to fly and entering the checkpoint you consent to the search. The 4th Amendment is moot.

So crossing an invisible line or a "checkpoint" that some criminal organization just made up...makes your rights magically disappear ? No, you're wrong. And obviously she wasn't consenting. You'll get it one of these days.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Right, cause standing up to tyranny, and not wanting to subject your 14 yr old daughter to a groping from a TSA pedophile means you have an ulterior motive ?
LMAO ! I guess the 1st Amendment doesn't apply here. I must have crossed into Nazi territory.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:23 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Being subjected to pre-boarding screening violates your 4th Amendment rights? Explain.

Keep in mind that if you do want to give permission to be searched, you can choose not to fly. That also goes for entering a concert or NFL game (something we never heard any protesting about per-9/11 or since, for that matter), so it kind of blows a hole in your silly theory. I certainly wouldn't feel safe in a tin can at 30,000 feet with ANYONE that wasn't subject to some form of screening before boarding. There are far too many extermists, crazies and idiots with the IQ of golf shoes to be taking any risks like that. Airline travel is stressful enough without some pseudo-intellectual blowhard without the first clue about the fundamentals of the application of law making up retarded civil rights violation arguiments in the middle of the pre-boarding line. To be honest, I'd be cheering out loud for the Homeland Security/TSA officer that repeatedly tased any idiot who behaved in such a manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Perhaps I'm just being a little slow today, but would you mind pointing one out so we can identify them?
Just read who I just quoted. Tip of the iceberg.

Quote:
LMAO ! I guess the 1st Amendment doesn't apply here. I must have crossed into Nazi territory.
The airport is a constitution free zone. You have no rights as an american citizen once you enter.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Sco

Quote:
So crossing an invisible line or a "checkpoint" that some criminal organization just made up...makes your rights magically disappear ? No, you're wrong. And obviously she wasn't consenting. You'll get it one of these days.
You know when you purchase the ticket from the airline that you are going to have to go through a security checkpoint. You do not have a Constitutional right to air travel, if you don't want to consent to the search you are free to leave the airport at anytime - No 4th Amendment issues involved.

Criminal organization - OMG, Holy Hyperbole Batman!

Old 10-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Sco

Quote:

Yes, because having someone run their hands over the outside of your clothing is just like being sent to a concentration camp and fed to the ovens. Where do you people get this stuff?

Godwin wins another thread.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
It's funny how many Obama supporters seem to support the TSA and their illegal tactics and yet were the same ones opposing GW Bush for much less invasive anti-terror techniques. It's funny that the TSA, an organization whose agents received little to no training, can get away with searches without probable cause and yet if police tried this on the street then they'd be out of a job or have charges filed against them.
You always were good at comparing apples to oranges, weren't you.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:56 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
It's really simple, to fly you have to go through security. Don't like it? Don't fly.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Yes, because having someone run their hands over the outside of your clothing is just like being sent to a concentration camp and fed to the ovens. Where do you people get this stuff?

Godwin wins another thread.
You're once again missing the point. It has to start somewhere. Just like it started with getting on the trains that lead to the concentration camps ovens.

Its not about catching terrorists, its about control.

What's next ? Inspecting orifices ? You'd probably be cool with that too...bend over, slave.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Just read who I just quoted. Tip of the iceberg.

The airport is a constitution free zone. You have no rights as an american citizen once you enter.
That's BS !! There's no such thing as a "constitution free zone" ! You actually believe that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies