Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
4th Amendment? How is that relevant in this case?

Do all of the TSA hating tinfoil warriors think that citizens should have the right to express their frustration with all laws directly to any law enforcement officers within earshot? Or just the laws that you don't agree with?

Should I be able to yell and scream for 30 minutes at the cop that is trying to give me a speeding ticket without any punishment?
Once you lose a freedom, you will rarely get it back.

Kids today must not be taught what true liberty and freedom actually are. They give it up without a word, sometimes fighting (like you) for the very things that remove their freedom and liberty. You are truly subservient to corruption, under the guise of law.

Last time I checked, the TSA was busier stealing from and damaging the people they are supposed to protect. BTW, how many terrorists have they stopped? Would that be... zero? How many TSA agents have been arrested or implicated in stealing from baggage? More than 500! Then add in all the drug and theft rings devised by TSA insiders.

I'm afraid it's you and your ilk which have cornered the metals' markets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 10:20 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,204,544 times
This statement from the website says it perfectly:

Quote:
The verdict in Andrea Fornella Abbott’s case sets a dangerous precedent along the lines of First amendment rights not being applicable at security checkpoints. The verdict essentially paves the way for criminally punishing anyone who questions TSA procedures, no matter how bizarre they are.
The TSA is the modern version of the Gestapo or the KGB and is just another manifestation of the American police state....

I guess we should be thankful that illegal aliens can still vote in the American presidential elections, right?

Old 10-25-2012, 10:24 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
please show me where on the ticket that any airline sells to you that in order to get on the plane you give up your 4th Amendment rights.
Being subjected to pre-boarding screening violates your 4th Amendment rights? Explain.

Keep in mind that if you do want to give permission to be searched, you can choose not to fly. That also goes for entering a concert or NFL game (something we never heard any protesting about per-9/11 or since, for that matter), so it kind of blows a hole in your silly theory. I certainly wouldn't feel safe in a tin can at 30,000 feet with ANYONE that wasn't subject to some form of screening before boarding. There are far too many extermists, crazies and idiots with the IQ of golf shoes to be taking any risks like that. Airline travel is stressful enough without some pseudo-intellectual blowhard without the first clue about the fundamentals of the application of law making up retarded civil rights violation arguiments in the middle of the pre-boarding line. To be honest, I'd be cheering out loud for the Homeland Security/TSA officer that repeatedly tased any idiot who behaved in such a manner.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:29 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Being subjected to pre-boarding screening violates your 4th Amendment rights? Explain.

Keep in mind that if you do want to give permission to be searched, you can choose not to fly. That also goes for entering a concert or NFL game (something we never heard any protesting about per-9/11 or since, for that matter), so it kind of blows a hole in your silly theory. I certainly wouldn't feel safe in a tin can at 30,000 feet with ANYONE that wasn't subject to some form of screening before boarding. There are far too many extermists, crazies and idiots with the IQ of golf shoes to be taking any risks like that. Airline travel is stressful enough without some pseudo-intellectual blowhard without the first clue about the fundamentals of the application of law making up retarded civil rights violation arguiments in the middle of the pre-boarding line. To be honest, I'd be cheering out loud for the Homeland Security/TSA officer that repeatedly tased any idiot who behaved in such a manner.
What stadium do you go to that does a full pat down including the genitals and removing of people's medical devices or adult diapers?

Old 10-25-2012, 11:46 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
What stadium do you go to that does a full pat down including the genitals and removing of people's medical devices or adult diapers?
I'm firmly convinced that many of the posters, in here, will gladly sacrifice their freedom in exchange for safety. See Benjamin Franklin who forecast the results of such trades.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:30 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
While I agree that scans a pat downs are a waste of time, money, resources, and braincells this woman knew what the deal was when she went to the airport did she not? Standing in line and arguing with the local TSA agent is not giong to change Federal policy. I have to think she had a reason for doing what she did other than "protecting her daughters".
Right, cause standing up to tyranny, and not wanting to subject your 14 yr old daughter to a groping from a TSA pedophile means you have an ulterior motive ?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-26-2012 at 04:22 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 10-26-2012, 01:45 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
While I agree that scans a pat downs are a waste of time, money, resources, and braincells this woman knew what the deal was when she went to the airport did she not? Standing in line and arguing with the local TSA agent is not giong to change Federal policy. I have to think she had a reason for doing what she did other than "protecting her daughters".
^^^
I don't think there's any further need for discussion.
When you fly, you agree to certain terms.
You know that in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Right, cause standing up to tyranny, and not wanting to subject your 14 yr old daughter to a groping from a TSA pedophile means you have an ulterior motive ?
TSA pedophiles and they all grope?
Surely you can do better than hyperbole.

They were not forced to fly.
They knew the rules.
They decided to break the rules.
They pay.
Pretty simple.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-26-2012 at 04:23 AM..

Old 10-26-2012, 01:59 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
^^^
I don't think there's any further need for discussion.
When you fly, you agree to certain terms.
You know that in advance.

TSA pedophiles and they all grope?
Surely you can do better than hyperbole.

They were not forced to fly.
They knew the rules.
They decided to break the rules.
They pay.
Pretty simple.

Does the 4th amendment just magically disappear because you want to get on a freakin' plane ? NO ! Go read the bill of rights. The 4th amendment states, "The right of the people to be secure in their persons".
You need to wake up too, sister.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-26-2012 at 04:23 AM..

Old 10-26-2012, 06:58 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,204,544 times
This is how we should prepare our children to be fondled and groped by those sexual deviant TSA types.....

Old 10-26-2012, 06:58 AM

1,403 posts, read 937,849 times
Supermom vs. the Gutless Wonder That Is a Jury by Becky Akers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies