Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 10:35 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It's really simple, to fly you have to go through security. Don't like it? Don't fly.
This is the part that the tinfoil-hat wearing crowd doesn't seem to get.

As per my original point: Unless this attention ***** was living under a rock for the last 10 years, she sure as hell knew what the airline screening process entailed before she bought her tickets. Jumping up and down like a shaved ape and screaming about her "rights" in the middle of the pre-boarding process is just as ridiculous as screaming it is a violation of your 2nd Amendment rights after you are caught trying to smuggle your loaded .44 magnum into a courtroom.

These claims this woman and her daughter's rights were violated are just as retarded unless you can point out the part of the Constitution that guarantees your "right" to air travel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
This is the part that the tinfoil-hat wearing crowd doesn't seem to get.

As per my original point: Unless this attention ***** was living under a rock for the last 10 years, she sure as hell knew what the airline screening process entailed before she bought her tickets. Jumping up and down like a shaved ape and screaming about her "rights" in the middle of the pre-boarding process is just as ridiculous as screaming it is a violation of your 2nd Amendment rights after you are caught trying to smuggle your loaded .44 magnum into a courtroom.

These claims this woman and her daughter's rights were violated are just as retarded unless you can point out the part of the Constitution that guarantees your "right" to air travel.
Very true. I don't like the process at the airports -- so guess what -- I don't fly. There are cars, there are buses, there are trains. Or stay home.

It's probably like those who insist there should be no drivers licenses or requirement to buy liability insurance -- because they think there is some right somewhere that says everyone has a right to drive and isn't required to be responsible for their accidents.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:09 PM

910 posts, read 2,294,153 times
Double WOW! Some people here are so compliant they truly scare me! About 7 years ago I heard a certain motivational speaker say that accepting all the TSA restrictions out of fear posed the question of how far they could go. He proposed the thought that if the "terrorists" invented an explosive that could be sewn to clothing - which is not really farfetched - and the TSA decided that checking clothes would be too time consuming, people would be required to travel naked and more than likely most would comply. You may think now that's outlandish, but not if you realized how we've been conditioned all these years...

Like someone said already this is NOT about our security but about CONTROL, we simply have been manipulated through FEAR! Anyone who knows anything about psychology is aware that FEAR is one of the greatest "motivators", not only of humans but animals as well. And all who seek to control others know it and learn to use it to their advantage. I was born in another country under a terrible tyranny that lasted 30 years, all I remember is when he was killed because then I was still a young child. People may wonder how anyone can exercise such control over others and for so long... Well, by fear of course! And of course, he didn't start out that way, he first won the people's favor at a time of great need by being "the benefactor of the homeland" (as he literally made himself to be called later on!). You'd think people learned their lesson, right? But the ironic thing is that only 6 years later (and one year after a Revolution in which precisely the U.S. intervened with the official "excuse" of keeping comunism away but really just to defend American interests such as gold and bauxite mining down there) the people elected the man who'd once been vice-president and even puppet-president during the dictatorship and said to be the "brains" behind the dictator. He was reelected for a total of 18 years (in 2 different periods), either that or he rigged some of the elections, and while he did a lot of good things for the country he also had quite a few people from the opposition killed... no journalist could speak against him without suffering the consequences.

Now, back to here. Think of this: First there were the 9/11 attacks, which left too many unanswered questions but we being good citizens, who in the majority don't know enough about physics or architecture to question certain things, trusted our government and accepted all its explanations, and when others raised questions we even thought they were "crazy". The "coup de grace" was delivered with the Anthrax hoax and the sacrifice of one man ("one for the higher purpose"). We were all in a panic, especially in South FL where the man died. So we all willingly accepted the X-raying of all our mail and the loss of more privacy and rights with "The Patriot Act"! It was approved in a hurry, and most people still don't have a clue about all that's in it (but you can do a search!). But hey, all for our "security"! And thus the wise words of Benjamin Franklin were totally disregarded.

Then Bush repeated inceasantly that we had to attack Iraq because Sadam was hiding "weapons of mass destruction" and harboring terrorists.
Anyone ever heard that if a lie is repeated often enough even the liar begin to believe it? So most fell for it. And Afghanistan because of OBL, this time the appeal was on another great motivator: PRIDE. How dare "they" do this to the U.S.A! And like a bloodthirsty madman he instigated the masses to seek righteous "justice" which was really nothing other than primitive REVENGE. At that point my intuition rose up against that and, well, my intuition was RIGHT, there were no weapons of mass destruction at all! I couldn't believe that most people didn't have a problem with having been lied to and were happy to give Bush another 4 years (does that seem familiar now???) which culminated with the infamous FM & FM bailout with taxpayers money.

The war in Iraq has cost many more thousands of American lives than 9/11 took, and many more innocent civilian lives, but I guess since they're "the enemy"
- not even out of their own choice - most don't care. But they are every bit as human as we are! And what about the billions of TAX DOLLARS spent in keeping the war in Iraq and Afghanistan going when there is no useful purpose for them??? Mr. Obama promised to pull the troops out by a certain time, but he lied as well! Yet nobody sees the common point in that. Bush = Republican war monger, Obama = Democrat war monger. I wonder how many participants of this forum ever question WHY! Ever wonder WHO is profiting from all this??? Do yourselves a favor and Google "who's profiting from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars", then take a look at WHO's behind said companies, I promise you'll be shocked. And the same little group is laughing (at all of us) all the way to the bank (which incidentally somem them own...).

Lest someone says this post is "off-topic" I'll say go back to the beginning and read it again! The point I'm trying to make is that supporting the TSA blindly only proves how successful "their" plan to control us has been. We are systematically being conditioned through fear to accept being controlled, and trust me, it's not going to stop there. But those of you who blame Obama only are missing the point, the Republicans aren't any better, and IMO Willard didn't really want to win, nobody with any brains would say the things he did and expect not to lose votes, but people had to be given the illusion that there was another "savior" out there, now while "their" plan continues without a hitch the puppet "du jour" can continue to take all the blame for what they don't want to happen anyway. So WAKE UP ALREADY!

Last edited by TiredOfSFL; 11-14-2012 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Lest someone says this post is "off-topic" I'll say go back to the beginning and read it again! The point I'm trying to make is that supporting the TSA blindly only proves how successful "their" plan to control us has been.
And I'll just say that arguing with a minimum wage employee at the airport when you know what to expect before you get there, and accusing them of being pedophiles, is not going to change Federal policy. While there may be some bad employees like there is EVERYWHERE for the most part they are just doing a job to put food on the table like everyone else. The don't have real authority to do anything but follow the rules so they don't get fired.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
And I'll just say that arguing with a minimum wage employee at the airport when you know what to expect before you get there, and accusing them of being pedophiles, is not going to change Federal policy. While there may be some bad employees like there is EVERYWHERE for the most part they are just doing a job to put food on the table like everyone else. The don't have real authority to do anything but follow the rules so they don't get fired.
Right ! Just like the schutztaffel, they were just following orders, doing their job. Think about this, who in their right mind would want to grab private parts all day ? LOL, actually, I could think a few people off the top of my head, but I mean, what reasonably prudent person would even consider that type of job which circumvents the 4th Amendment. Again, its not about security, its about control.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm not so sure it's completely pointless to argue with the employees, it's getting people to talk about it, isn't it? Besides, I would've felt the same way having someone touch MY daughter. I mean, if Rosa Parks had given up her seat at that bus, like so many others had before her, some things wouldn't have changed, now would they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Right ! Just like the schutztaffel, they were just following orders, doing their job. Think about this, who in their right mind would want to grab private parts all day ? LOL, actually, I could think a few people off the top of my head, but I mean, what reasonably prudent person would even consider that type of job which circumvents the 4th Amendment. Again, its not about security, its about control.
Don't quite agree either, it's a known fact that most people choose to work where their preferences lie, even if it's a low-paying job (i.e., McDonald's vs. Burger King). It's not like they were recruited for their job with no say, they had to apply for it (their choice). I've been unemployed several times and there are jobs that I would simply not consider so I apply (and consequently get) one within my range of choice. Naturally, there will be some that feel they can get nothing else and see it as a way to "put food on the table" and those probably end up hating their job. But I'm equally sure others preferred to apply there for the power trip they'd get having authority over others, to even humiliate others, and some others for the enjoyment of the groping. I don't know why you are assuming that all TSA employees (or of any other group) are "reasonably prudent", that is wishful fairytale thinking from which I myself woke up some years ago. We are living in the real world where "normal" doesn't exist anymore and "decent" is hard to find. There are many more perverts/deviants today than we'd like to believe, all you have to do is think of the show "To Catch A Predator"...

Old 11-15-2012, 10:01 AM

Look at this and tell me it doesn't make you sick! The dad is doing his best to reassure his son telling him "It's OK" but the child KNOWS INSTINCTIVELY THAT IT'S NOT OK! The ONLY reason they humiliate people like this is to send the message that we're nothing, that they have total control. If I had little children I would definitely NOT fly if I had another choice! But make no mistake, if not already happening, this is soon going to go on at train and bus stations too!

TSA Nabs Suspected Al Queda Terrorist At Chicago Airport, A toddler in a wheelchair - YouTube

Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, and the "report" is featured on an extremist website. The mother should be investigated for child abuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sometimes people just rebel against a perceived tyranny, it can be on a bus, at a restaurant or an airport.
Look how all of a sudden we have a bunch of liberals turn into a bunch of neocons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
It's funny how many Obama supporters seem to support the TSA and their illegal tactics and yet were the same ones opposing GW Bush for much less invasive anti-terror techniques. It's funny that the TSA, an organization whose agents received little to no training, can get away with searches without probable cause and yet if police tried this on the street then they'd be out of a job or have charges filed against them.
Exactly Sailordave- the brainwashing is epic. If Bush were in office they would be having fits.
The only rational ones are the ones who forsaw the dangers of the TSA and Patriot Act long before Obama was in office.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
By attempting to fly and entering the checkpoint you consent to the search. The 4th Amendment is moot.

the 4th Amendment is never moot. the 4th Amendment trump any authority that anyone including congress has.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 AM

Here's further proof of what I said before (and if you just look at the menu to the right you'll find many more examples of the TSA's abuse of power):

TSA Strips a child and a 71 Yr old elderly man while American's stand around. Jesse Ventura - YouTube

Ah, and to those that think it does no good to protest, this video shows you how the nipple ring incident caused the TSA to change one of their policies!

Last edited by TiredOfSFL; 11-15-2012 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Added something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies