Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swtmarie View Post
Statistics that identify people by religion are always skewed to me. There are a large number of people that identify themselves as a certain religion but don't actually practice it.
great side step
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
great side step
Same thing happened when I started a thread a few years ago about the airport men's bathroom stall tap dancer politician, some actually claimed that he wasn't really a true Republican because he was caught being gay.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 PM

781 posts, read 1,196,965 times
Quote:
Statistics that identify people by religion are always skewed to me. There are a large number of people that identify themselves as a certain religion but don't actually practice it.
Yes, Myllari and I discussed the definition of hypocrisy earlier. You might want to look it up as well.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Same thing happened when I started a thread a few years ago about the airport men's bathroom stall tap dancer politician, some actually claimed that he wasn't really a true Republican because he was caught being gay.
lol

Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Wow, that was an eye opener Unfortunately I would still give a woman the right to choose what she does with her body. Later on she may or may not regret what she did, but she still has to come to terms with her creator.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 PM

35 posts, read 48,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileVisitor09 View Post
Yes, Myllari and I discussed the definition of hypocrisy earlier. You might want to look it up as well.
How am I being a hypocrite?

Old 11-02-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
How am I being a hypocrite?
Not you. I was referring to the statistics regarding the religious affiliation of most women who abort, 70% either Catholic or Protestant. I don't find this a mere coincidence.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inciteful View Post
How is a woman punished? And how can you honestly think we don't care about the mother. We care deeply for them and don't want them to make such a life altering mistake of killing a life that if they don't want can be given to a loving family. My sister is blessed with an adopted child and I hope the mother does feel good about the life she brought to this world and the joy it has brought our family. The only punishment a woman receives if she kills her own child, is the guilt she will feel and any negative affects it has on her body.
Absolutely, and without a doubt, I think that you don't care about the woman.
You don't get to make choices for me or for anyone else.
It's simply a matter of sick control.

It's a clump of cells, not a child.
Holy moley, talk about controlling agenda much?

How many unwanted disabled kids have you adopted?
Ever see the horrors of a household where the kids aren't wanted?

Worry about your own life and leave the rest of the world alone.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
I'm so tired of hearing about this back-alley butcher crap. If abortion ever did become illegal...and a woman chose to have a "back-alley" abortion...SHE put herself at risk by doing something illegal.
Says all I need to know about you as a poster.
I won't make this mistake again.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Wow, that was an eye opener Unfortunately I would still give a woman the right to choose what she does with her body. Later on she may or may not regret what she did, but she still has to come to terms with her creator.
What do her parents have to do with it.
Your sky daddy is for you and you alone.
Keep that garbage away from me. I don't believe it, you have no proof of it, and you sure as heck better not use it to try to control me or my body.

What women choose to do with their bodies is none of your business at any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies