Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
European conservatives strive quite nicely here in Europe. Here in Germany, they even run the government. And are quite successful at doing so. Angela Merkel, for example, enjoys huge approval ratings.
I think I like your Angela Merkel:

"Opposition lawmakers and human rights groups are criticizing German Chancellor Angela Merkel for claiming that Christianity is 'the most persecuted religion worldwide' ...

Merkel's comments came at a meeting of the German Protestant Church late Monday in which she emphasized Germany needed to protect Christian minorities as part of its foreign policy.

Merkel, the daughter of a pastor, also spoke out against strict separation of church and state and said Europe was built on Christian foundations."

Wow, I can't imagine Obama saying anything like that. And this in a country where only 45 percent believe in God, and only 14 percent attend church. Good for Chancellor Merkel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
I don't think you conservatives are aware of how much you rightwingers were scaring people with the conspiracy angles, and the very clear indications that Romney was a tool of rich people only.

"Obama is not a US citizen, Obama is a muslim, he is the Antichrist, he is a commie, he hates white people, blah blah blah" That sort of thing being said very loudly in my experience, in public places, or when you're about to get medical care ....... it's creepy and obviously out of touch with reality.

People were scared that Romney would take away medical care for their loved ones who didn't have good enough insurance, or couldn't afford any at all. They were afraid that there would be no safety net providing food and shelter if they lost their jobs, and at the same time the 1% would be looking down their noses and calling them lazy bums.

You can't scorn half the country by saying that they're parasites, and then hope to get elected.

Time for republicans to turn off the bile, bigotry, and unreasoning hatred, and start trying to become decent human beings.

Last edited by Woof; 11-07-2012 at 01:39 PM..

Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Wow, gotta love those lib-colored glasses.
They're fabulous. I put them on whenever I need to be reminded that Christ taught us to love one another.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They're fabulous. I put them on whenever I need to be reminded that Christ taught us to love one another.
Can't rep you again, so times a thousand!

Old 11-07-2012, 12:43 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And this is why moderate Republicans in America need to make a BIG push to take their party back. It's only going to get worse for the right if they continue to allow ultraconservatives to be the loudest in their party.

that is where you are wrong, the more moderate the republican party gets, the more they will lose.

but I think the dems already understood that, and welcome it too.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:47 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
People were scared that Romney would take away medical care for their loved ones who didn't have good enough insurance, or couldn't afford any at all. They were afraid that there would be no safety net providing food and shelter if they lost their jobs, and at the same time the 1% would be looking down their noses and calling them lazy bums.
So what you are saying is that instead of calling people lazy bums - we should say they are in favor of forcing other people to take care of their medical needs ??

How would you make the point that the approach that ObamaCare takes is inappropriate, if that's what a person believes?

Old 11-07-2012, 12:49 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Booing gay military members, yelling let him die when the hypothetical of someone hurt who does not have health care, Vouchering Medicare, and privatizing social security, banning abortion and telling people who are not Christian they are not welcome or have the "wrong belief" system to name just a few, then you throw in the Glenn Beck tin foil hat crowd and the majority of the country are not going to follow you down the rabbit hole.
The GOP needs to shake off the Tea baggers and put them back on the outside. When they take them into the central part of the party you are doomed.

Now you throw in Romney flip flopping on every side of every issue and you have a lost cause. He was for the AZ papers please that offended many Hispanics, he was pro choice then said he would sign into law a bill that said an egg is a human being banning many forms of contraception.

Instead of turning moderate many of you are doubling down on gold. LOL

Old 11-07-2012, 12:51 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think this is similar to 2004. Libs had so much invested in opposing Bush, and when he won re-election, they jsut became unhinged and unglued.

Simillarly, we conservatives had a lot invested in defeating Obama, but failed. Now we have to keep our heads, and avoid falling into the derangement syndrome that afflicted the libs back in 2004.
You're kidding, right? The repugnicans fell - and fell hard - the day after his 2009 inauguration.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So what you are saying is that instead of calling people lazy bums - we should say they are in favor of forcing other people to take care of their medical needs ??

How would you make the point that the approach that ObamaCare takes is inappropriate, if that's what a person believes?
If the AHCA is "inappropriate than so is all private insurance. If a persons home burns down the company pays for it to be rebuilt, or everyone who buys insurance pays for it, the AHCA mandates that everyone buys insurance from get this, PRIVATE insurance company's. Not government take over. LOL You righties are bat crap crazy.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I agree. Ron Paul had a rally at TAMU this year. I was surprised that so many college students attended and even more surprised that my own son got interested enough in politics to discuss and question why no one wanted Ron Paul to run for President.

But the majority of Americans didn't want Ron Paul or his plans; they want to keep their social programs.
When the parasites outnumber the productive people, the nation is OVER. I guess Washington is happy to see America go down in flames quickly, instead of slowly degrading. Too bad for us that burning alive is VERY painful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies