Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 08:14 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,262 times

Advertisements

I'm very religious and did not thank God either... Not a big deal. God is still in our mind and heart all the time. Obama has thanked God in public many times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 08:16 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Sounds like whining to me, and doesn't sound like a willingness to let others live as they choose to, nor speak freely either.
Yes I do think everyone should live as they please. Just don't try to push your religious beliefs on me. You seem to think that christian values are shared by all of us. THEY ARE NOT! Get over it. I DO NOT BELivVE IN YOUR GOD.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:16 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,946,839 times
Breitbart tv.. sheesh shoulda known the jacka$$ery would be them in the whiners circle..

Old 11-22-2012, 08:19 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Men who reach such worldly heights as being the king of America soon forget God...sad side effect is that they soon forget their fellow man and it slips their mind that they are dealing with real human beings..and not just collateral.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:21 PM

No one knows how the whole thing works...and no one will ever know the ultimate reality..so in the mean time you had better thank GOD - after all Mr. Obama YOU DID NOT BUILD THIS UNIVERSE- SOMEONE ELSE DID.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:22 PM

46,947 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
This is stirring a lot of heat. What Obama should be doing is inserting 'Thanking God' back in the Thanksgiving Address. To do so would be respecting the founders traditions and heritage.President Washington thanked God in 1789. President Washington and all of the other Founders did everything they could to secure the blessings of God for our country. What Obama has done is shear blasphemy: For Fourth Straight Year, Obama's Thanksgiving Message Doesn't Thank God
The terminology is as muddled as the logic. If you want to make a case out of a perceived lack of orthodoxy, "heresy" is the correct charge.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:22 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
I bet you Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin (not a president, but a founding father) did not thank god either. Who cares?

Old 11-22-2012, 08:25 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Allowing us Christians to spread the word of God as we see fit as long as we don't violate others.
You mean "the word" that tells us we are all descended from a single couple 6,000 years ago, despite conclusive genetic evidence to the contrary? Or the one that says the earth was made in 7 days when we clearly know otherwise? Or says that the entire earth was engulfed in a flood designed to kill wicked people (and apparently some wicked animals, too) when not only does enough water exist on the planet for such a thing, but the geological evidence says never occurred?

Yeah, telling people lies is going to cause converts.

What is it about religious nutters that they absolutely MUST have government pushing their agenda or else??

Old 11-22-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I bet you Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin (not a president, but a founding father) did not thank god either. Who cares?
That's the problem- You live in a miracle..and unexplained mystery...better be thankful for something- chances are you might never have been born ....be thankful for this grand adventure called life...who are you going to thank? Yourself?....You did not build this universe -someone else did....who cares? I care...and what ever put us here also cares..or we would not be here. Thank GOD I am alive....before you are born you are dead...after you die you are dead...in the meantime show some gratitude.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:30 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
What does Thanksgiving have to do with God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies