Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 02:58 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
How do you know anyone knew of the 2 kids ? The women had probably left them in the backseat while they stole from the store.

Not only were they thieves but they should be charged with child endangerment.
What type of Incompetent Sworn Law Enforcement Officer is going to be chasing SHOPLIFTERS to theirs car for SHOPLIFTING at Wal-Mart and not look inside of the back seat of theirs car once he gets there...(?)

Last edited by Howest2008; 12-12-2012 at 03:40 PM..

Old 12-12-2012, 03:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
What type of Incompetent Sworn Law Enforcement Officer is going to be chasing SHOPLIFTERS to theirs car for SHOPLIFTING at Wal-Mart and not look inside of the back seat of theirs car one he gets there...(?)
The kind that finds himself the target of the vehicle as soon as he opens the car door?

Old 12-12-2012, 03:00 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A police officer in uniform opens your car door and you put the car into reverse and hit the gas, you think the car door will fall off the car before it knocks down the officer?
Why did he open the door? They don't even let you open the door at a traffic stop. That sounds like complete ignorance of operating procedure. (Speculating, for discussion's sake, to clarify).

Old 12-12-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
When I served on a jury involving assault by several people the law was if 1 in a group assaults someone, they are all guilty of the same crime.
That is not true THEY ARE CHARGED AS ACCESSORIES OF THE MAIN PERPETRATOR LIKE accessories to Murder.........

Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The cop over-reacted to the situation. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

You have most certainly reached a conclusion; how can you say you have not? Maybe you should re-read your posts.

I never called her a poor girl or anything else.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion and if you post it here, then I am entitled to dispute that opinion. Ummm... That's what this site is about. My conclusion is based on the fact and it is an indisputable fact that the incident would not have occurred had the dead woman not shoplifted in the first place, had she not fled in the second place and had the car not attempted to hit the officer... All three of these are not really disputeable.. As far as to whether he over-reacted, I don't know.. I wasn't there.. I suppose you were? I never said, "you" called her "poor girl" but she was called that in this thread.. I am tired of criminals being pandered and pampered. That is the problem with our society today. Nobody accepts responsibility for their actions and no-one is held accountable.. If this officer did in fact act in an inappropriate manner, then it will come to light and he will have his day in court, but until such time as he is found guilty of a criminal act, he is still presumed to be innocent. That is the way our system is SUPPOSED to work..

Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Nobody is defending him, just saying YOU don't know the facts any more than I do... You were NOT there and you are not privy to the investigation... You don't know squat and shouldn't jump to conclussions based on your assumptions....
'
Here's what we do know: He shot someone other than the person who was allegedly trying to run him over.

That alone is a major screw-up.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I wonder if the children will get the death penalty. This is Texas, after all.
Don't be silly.. They won't get a day over 20 years..

Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Why did he open the door? They don't even let you open the door at a traffic stop. That sounds like complete ignorance of operating procedure. (Speculating, for discussion's sake, to clarify).
He opened the car door to stop them from leaving.

He had already been assaulted by them when they left the building. So traffic stop procedure is completely irrelevant at this point. THEY had already escalated this incident beyond shoplifting.

Again, I'm sure in hindsight, if he knew that the result would be a young woman losing her life, he would have acted differently. I'm sure, in hindsight, that if the women involved knew what the result of their actions would be, that they would act differently. It's tragic that this woman lost her life.

I just don't think the full responsibility of this woman's death lies on the officer. I think the responsibility lies on the woman and the series of choices she made. I think the officer wishes with all his heart that he had acted differently. After all, not only is a woman dead, but truly other people, innocent people, were placed at risk.

I'm also wondering if the woman died instantly, or if she bled out. Because the car left Wal-Mart, and rather than go to the hospital, the driver chose to take Ms Frey back to her apartment.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Here's what we do know: He shot someone other than the person who was allegedly trying to run him over.

That alone is a major screw-up.
Do we know if the vehicle struck him to some degree at that point? Do we? Don't jump to conclussions....

Old 12-12-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Ever heard of Death by Cop ? Happens daily to criminals.
Nope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies