Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
frisk em all and get the illegal guns off the streets. Kick doors in if you have to.
You are NO American. Your less than.

"Them" You mean black males like myself. I'm tired of getting harassed by the police for simply driving. I do more for my city than nearly all of my peers yet I'm a "suspect" because I'm black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 03:11 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know kids were easy to mold into killers. I never knew that they were chosen because the law is more lenient on them than adults. This is what I've thought when it comes to gang members.

A) Alot of gang members don't expect to live long.
B) Many gang members don't care if they live or die, so some are willing to take the innocent with them.
C) Some are in it for the money(drug dealing, illegal weapons trafficking,etc)
D) Some people join gangs to feel good about themselves

The issue of gangs isn't as simple as "stop and frisk".
If one does not plan to make it to age 20, likely there is a very different framework at work, here. What's the difference between killing 1 or 100? The outcome is the same.

I think gangs offer some kids a sense of belonging and identity.

"Stop and frisk" is not going to stop a gang. I advocate for maintaining a strong military
presence in the streets, in the worst gang areas and be ready to move when the gangs do. Nothing short of this is going to make a dent.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:16 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
And no one will care either until some white dude pulls a gun on a black kid and kills him.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
If black people aren't monolithic....then stop trying to apply racial discrimination to a specific dynamic because the larger percentile is comprised of black kids.

Not saying you did...maybe you did... But that is the premise with the Chicago gang violence.

"Nobody cares about the blacks"

The argument fails on an individual level as well because this type of violence is largely voluntary.
As is the violence at Columbine, Aurora, Colorado, and Newtown, Connecticut. So what's your point REALLY.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
As is the violence at Columbine, Aurora, Colorado, and Newtown, Connecticut. So what's your point REALLY.
End of thread.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:57 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Really??

6 year old kids in Connecticut co-opted it??? Which ones brought their guns to school?

The victims @ Colombine brought their guns too?? Did they say "Hey, let's have a shoot out!!"??

Old 12-18-2012, 04:16 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Profiling is wrong because its a violation of my rights. If I'm pulled over for driving while black, nothing else, that's flat out wrong. Get out of America with that mindset.
No one suggested pulling anyone over for driving while black. However, it makes TOTAL sense to profile Blacks in Chicago for suspicion of having and illegally carrying firearms. If Blacks don't like being profiled for legitimate reasons like that, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

Old 12-18-2012, 04:18 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,217 times
What is this black crap? What does it mater? Mellisa Harris Perry did a piece she always does a piece on black this and black that. Talk about division. Suck it up violence is violence. Most of its black on black so its a wash. Get real.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
50% of the homocides in america are AA on AA violence.
but 37% of the homocides do not involve guns at all.
to be fair to mr obama what do we want him to do about this?

Old 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Which segment of said population is most of the killing taking place? And I am not aware that gangs use young kids to do murder specifically because they aren't as likely to be charged as an adult.
Really? That's common knowledge. Gangs are VERY likely to use juveniles to commit felonies specifically because juvie laws are much more lenient. I'm quite surprised people don't know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies