Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,953,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Not really. It just feels that way. The issue I see is that people are more brazen, have access to things that destroy more lives (assault weapons, bomb making abilities, etc) and are usually not stupid. And it's not just a school issue. It's a society issue.

List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Incidently, 30 years ago, I bought an assault rifle and still own it. It fires just as rapidly, but with a larger round than most of the ones sold today and at a higher velocity, Bombs were just as easily made and detonated then as they are now.. Those arguements don't hold water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 02:22 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,497,662 times
School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It happens all over the world...including gun free countries...but HOW?

Old 12-18-2012, 03:40 AM

37,162 posts, read 42,333,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Incidently, 30 years ago, I bought an assault rifle and still own it. It fires just as rapidly, but with a larger round than most of the ones sold today and at a higher velocity, Bombs were just as easily made and detonated then as they are now.. Those arguements don't hold water.
30 years ago is modern times. I'm referring to long ago, the countries history. There was always violence, but the tech and times have changed. Of course it holds water. People have access to things and situations that they didn't 100+ years ago. And it's still changing. Society is bigger, more people, more anonymity, more stimulation, more expectations, more drugs, more mental illness, more everything.

We may well be headed into a time where we are like the crazy countries we see on TV...with the armed soldiers checking out everyone on the streets, unable to do anything without TSA style security and inquisitions and guns...lots of guns...but I'm not willing to go there yet. We've started, most want to stop, but I don't know. It's not freedom no matter how you slice it.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,233,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
About darn time!

Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns

A tiny Texas school district may be the first in the nation to pass a law specifically allowing teachers and staff to pack heat when classes begin later this month.

Read more: Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns | Fox News

the liberal gun free murder zones are starting to come down finally. how many murders did it take for people to realize that a federal ban on firearm in schools just wasnt working.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,233,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What if the teacher goes nuts?

I hope they screen the teachers for psychological drugs.

In an era where teachers are having group sex with children, why do you trust them with guns?

it looks like you didnt read the article, did you?

Old 12-18-2012, 03:57 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,081,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Is that anyone that you would trust with a gun around your child? ANYONE can become mentally unstable. Or more likely, be distracted while the child gets to the gun.
Which is exactly why they should not be in our society at all.

I have a friend from the UK who is so bewildered as to why we embrace guns in this country. You don't see school shootings over there.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:16 AM

31,296 posts, read 20,800,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Texas, I'm surprised they don't let the students carry guns

They should. Then all the nutcases would go to other states to shoot innocent kids.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Pedophiles are also teachers.
And pedophiles are also cops, lawyers, soldiers, politicians, etc, etc. So what?

I doubt there is any connection between pedophiles and school invaders.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Oh no, Texas has historically been high on the list of teachers gone bad. Read this one- 2007- "Texas ranked number two in the nation for the numbers of teachers sanctioned in sexual misconduct cases" The Victoria Advocate - Google News Archive Search
I guess you failed at math and English. Your link is about having sex with kids, not killing them.

And for those of you challenged by math, when you have the second most populous state (by a wide margin), you shouldn't be surprised if you have the second most sex offenders.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:25 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,420,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Which is exactly why they should not be in our society at all.

I have a friend from the UK who is so bewildered as to why we embrace guns in this country. You don't see school shootings over there.
In Switzerland, it is mandatory for each man to have a military style firearm but I am sure they do background checks and have proper training. Both need to be done where ever firearms are allowed. You don't hear of these things there either. For some reason, our crazies seem to want to go out with the opportunity to have CNN make make them famous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies