Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 03:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Ban the ammo. Collect all the guns you want, make ammo for assault rifles and pistols illegal for sale and private ownership under 10 year prison penalty. Put some teeth into the legislation.

You can have a shotgun for home defense (the best weapon for home defense), rifles for hunting, but ban private ownership of pistol and assault weapon ammunition. Licensed, inspected gun ranges can keep your stockpiled ammo and you can store shoot there. All bullets sold in this country should have a serial number to trace it through ownership and sale. Too expensive? Too bad.

Close the absurd loopholes that define an assault weapon, too.

"Well regulated militia"

If we're going to make the leap that the 2nd Amendment does not refer to a standing army and instead private citizens, "well regulated" means this country can decide which weapons are acceptable and which are not for private citizens.

Didn't you make a stupid post on this yesterday? Something like being sneaky........ We have had quite enough of sneaky coming from the left in dark deal past midnight thank you....

In that thread we told you we can make our own ammo. I know that for you whiners it's hard to believe other people can make things because you can't, but trust me we can....

And the 2nd counts ammo..... We have the Right from a higher power or the creator, and i know you whiners don't like that idea either, but it's too bad.

The 2nd is not about hunting, and by the way does not cover submarines, fighter planes, any kinds of rocket launchers, tanks and what ever else you pipe dreamer's think up either.

Fire arms are weapons that shoot bullets typical on any police type bullets and most military ball ammo, plus hunting ammo.

BTW there are other legal means to getting the said about weapons and items if you have enough money and pay the right taxes and fees. But no one has the Right to them.

Talking to to you whiners is like taking to the Scare Crow in the Wizard of Oz.

And Oh lets instead Arm teachers. Much better idea.

Gun Expert Lott: Let Teachers Carry Arms, Ban Gun-Free Zones to Halt Mass Shootings

Welcome to NSSC1 - National School Safety Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 03:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Yawn. Same warmed-over, half-baked nonsense.

I'll use the same tired argument back at you...the Constitution does not give you the right to own a tactical nuke or a rocket launcher. Your right to own a gun is NOT, underline, NOT being infringed. You can own many guns. Just not of the assault rifle variety, or with these 30-capacity magazines. or pistol ammo. Tagging ammo IS possible, but expensive, and to that argument, I say too goddamned bad.
ok, where in the constitution does it say i cant own a nuclear weapon? or an assault rifle? or high capacity magazines? or pistol ammunition? if you were to ACTUALLY READ the constitution, you would find that no where in there does it limit the type of arms i am allowed to own. those limits were done by these things called laws passed by congress. and one more bit of education for you, high capacity magazines are no longer illegal to purchase(actually they never were). and if you are willing to pony up the money, you to can own a full automatic firearm, you just need to get your FFL. and yes tagging ammunition is possible, i never said it wasnt. i said it was VIRTUALLY impossible. you might want to read the ENTIRE post instead of just picking out a few words here and there.

and you still havent answered my question to you. do you know which weapon is an assault rifle and which one isnt? the AR15 or the M16?

Old 12-17-2012, 03:29 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
Quote:
Yawn. Same warmed-over, half-baked nonsense.

I'll use the same tired argument back at you...the Constitution does not give you the right to own a tactical nuke or a rocket launcher. Your right to own a gun is NOT, underline, NOT being infringed. You can own many guns. Just not of the assault rifle variety, or with these 30-capacity magazines. or pistol ammo. Tagging ammo IS possible, but expensive, and to that argument, I say too goddamned bad.
Everytime you repeat this and continue to ignore the facts I'm going to repost this to you.....

There is no such thing as pistol ammo, pistol ammo is just ammo used in a pistol and much of it can also be used in a rifle....

The term "assault weapon" describes only the look and feel of a specific type of rifle. There are many rifles offered in the traditional style, of the same caliber, that are not considered assault rifles, but are just as potent.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:32 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
How about if we just set a guideline as to what defines an idiot. Then if you are found to be an idiot you are not allowed to reproduce. Eventually we should have the perfect people we are looking for and all will be good.

then nobody would need guns for self protection kill two birds with one stone..

Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The term "assault weapon" describes only the look and feel of a specific type of rifle. There are many rifles offered in the traditional style, of the same caliber, that are not considered assault rifles, but are just as potent.
actually a true assault weapon has the option of single round fire, three or four round burst fire, and full auto fire.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:39 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,968 times
Are you an American? What do you think represents an American? I suggest everyone read the fourth amendment. When you read the fourth amendment it really sounds like something an American would feel and believe in. However, when Congress pushed the Patriot Act (without reading it) through it changed what being an American was. Now we are hearing complaints from all over the country how what we thought were basic rights are now being trampled. Sometimes due to over aggressive officers, or officials or just blind sight. Americans really need to be very very careful about changing their DNA. The future person we create may not at all be what anyone would want. I suggest we do what was the obvious response when this nonsense started. Make the schools secure. Arm & train the employees. Change or adapt the physical facilities to promoate safety and security. Think!!

Old 12-17-2012, 03:44 PM

[quote]
Quote:
So you mean to tell me that ammo for a 44 Magnum is no different than what is used in a assault rifle or a shotgun? Please.
Wellhere ya go. An assault rifle that USES .44 caliber ammo, sticking with your own examples.

SIG 44

Quote:
banning assault rifles would remove the issue of rifle ammo, wouldn't it?
Uh.... no, because there would still be rifles that are not considered "assault" but are just as deadly and of the same caliber.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:46 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Didn't you make a stupid post on this yesterday? Something like being sneaky........ We have had quite enough of sneaky coming from the left in dark deal past midnight thank you....

In that thread we told you we can make our own ammo. I know that for you whiners it's hard to believe other people can make things because you can't, but trust me we can....

And the 2nd counts ammo..... We have the Right from a higher power or the creator, and i know you whiners don't like that idea either, but it's too bad.

The 2nd is not about hunting, and by the way does not cover submarines, fighter planes, any kinds of rocket launchers, tanks and what ever else you pipe dreamer's think up either.

Fire arms are weapons that shoot bullets typical on any police type bullets and most military ball ammo, plus hunting ammo.

BTW there are other legal means to getting the said about weapons and items if you have enough money and pay the right taxes and fees. But no one has the Right to them.

Talking to to you whiners is like taking to the Scare Crow in the Wizard of Oz.

And Oh lets instead Arm teachers. Much better idea.

Gun Expert Lott: Let Teachers Carry Arms, Ban Gun-Free Zones to Halt Mass Shootings

Welcome to NSSC1 - National School Safety Center
I have not been on for weeks, Einstein.

2,305 posts, read 3,029,893 times
Discussing anything about guns is a complete waste of time with Ford Beebe. He/she knows nothing about guns. That's like discussing sewing with me, I know nothing about sewimg so it would all just be me making a guess.

So quit guessing and learn something, then come back and talk with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually a true assault weapon has the option of single round fire, three or four round burst fire, and full auto fire.
None of which are available to someone without special licenses and permits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies