Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:59 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
These victims, Giffords and her husband are also gun owners.
That is one of the most buring thing about it, when the everyday person is banned of them people like Feinstein and her will still keep theirs. So the " I am a gun owner to" is hollow in my opinion.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:00 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's refreshing to see that Democrats have finally picked a person with measurable and unrepairable brain damage to represent them as a party. No longer do we have to wonder "are they really this stupid or is something wrong with their head?".
That's a failrly sick and insensitive statement.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:00 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
It's refreshing to see that Democrats have finally picked a person with measurable and unrepairable brain damage to represent them as a party. No longer do we have to wonder "are they really this stupid or is something wrong with their head?".
This is what the GOP is all about now, mocking gun shot victims

Old 01-08-2013, 04:01 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Dear Glitch,
No, I am not mistaken. What rights is this infringing on exactly?
Yes, you are indeed mistaken to think that because someone is a victim they have some "special" status that allows them to advocate for restrictions of our civil liberties. I do not care who she is, or what she has done, anyone who advocates to have firearms confiscated is an anti-American POS.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,968 times
Gabby Gifford was/is a politician. She conducted a public event without support from the local police or state police in a public parking lot. A crazy shot her. He could have used gas or something else but he used a gun. Neither she nor her group were prepared to maintain an effective level of security in the parking lot. I am very sorry about her experience but even if we had no guns this will happen in the future if politicians do not maintain security. I am very sorry what happened to her but I can only think that a mistake in judgement is being used to push a political agenda.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's a failrly sick and insensitive statement.
Liberals have called me and people just like me baby killers and told us that we have the blood of dead children from CT on our hands because of some nut job that shot up a school, don't even start to talk to me about sick and insensitive.

If you don't like it don't dish it out.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:04 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
I've been watching her Facebook page most of the day, have they actually said what any of these responsible ideas or plans are? I haven't seen anything but empty BS followed by hundreds of Obama voters jumping on board to support it.
"Responsible restrictions" in the disturbed minds of these mental-midget gun-grabbers means a complete ban. Just ask Sen. Feinstein.

Dianne Feinstein Gun ban in 1995 - She wanted to Ban all guns, Force turn in - YouTube

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I don't think Komen is trying to trample on anyone's rights.
What "rights" is Ms Giffords allegedly trampling?

Is she advocating for NO gun ownership?
Because if she isn't, she ain't trampling on gun owners rights.

In her own words:

"“Forget the boogeyman of big, bad government coming to dispossess you of your firearms. As a Western woman and a Persian Gulf War combat veteran who have exercised our 2nd Amendment rights, we don’t want to take away your guns any more than we want to give up the two guns we have locked in a safe at home,” Giffords and Kelly wrote in an op-ed in USA Today.
“What we do want is what the majority of NRA members and other Americans want: responsible changes in our laws to require responsible gun ownership and reduce gun violence,” they explained."

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,1239448.story

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
This is what the GOP is all about now, mocking gun shot victims
While I'm not in the GOP and never have been I'm also not mocking her at all, I'm mocking Liberals in general who unlike her need mental help and aren't getting it.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Liberals have called me and people just like me baby killers and told us that we have the blood of dead children from CT on our hands because of some nut job that shot up a school, don't even start to talk to me about sick and insensitive.

If you don't like it don't dish it out.
Your mocking of a gun shot victim is disgusting and cruel, the comments of liberals towards you don't justify your crudeness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies