Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should President Obama use all options at his disposal to preserve the full faith and credit of the
Yes, he should do everything in his power to protect our credit. 31 44.29%
No, he should allow the US to default if Congress doesn't raise the debt ceiling. 39 55.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You are correct.

Follow this exchange......from dem debate in 2008 It is absolute proof of obama's "fairness" ideology trumps the truth.

You lefties can simply ignore this....it's above your mental capacity.
Correct? We were talking about policies 2000 - 2008, and you offer stuff that had absolutely nothing to do with it. LOL

PS The attempts to insult are rather childish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct? We were talking about policies 2000 - 2008, and you offer stuff that had absolutely nothing to do with it. LOL

PS The attempts to insult are rather childish.
I rest my case.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:04 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
This thread logic is coming from a guy who has a thread bragging about getting as much open credit limit in Credit Cards as he can. I believe he was proud of having $120,000 + in available credit on credit cards.

You see, you cannot finance your everyday expenses into infinity when they are greater than your ability to produce income. You accelerate the trajectory of your own demise when you do so. In America, we are spending WAYYYYYYYY beyond our means to pay for it and we should all be ashamed.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I rest my case.
Yes, you should give it a rest because you insulted others for being stupid, and in the same breath you proved you didn't even understand what we were talking about.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
We have been there before on CD. I have shown countless times (anyone can use the search feature and find them) how this isn't true and you just keep repeating zombie lies
I am not surprised you don't discuss with ACTUAL numbers but, revert to infantile name calling.

The eternal tactic of the left.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually Bush managed to spend as much as the nation had spent in 240 years before him. Yes, it was irresponsible considering the fact that we were riding on good economic times and there was absolutely no need reason for it. The money was spent on handouts: unfunded tax cuts, massive expansion of medicare, no-bid contracts, and corporate welware. The need for emergency spending didn't kick in until 2008, which is when the current policies were started.

What I am seeing now is GOP and WH agreeing on some significant ideas, and that should be a good start.
Uh, you forgot 9-11 and Katrina. "No bid contracts" Are you referring to Haliberton who got its first no-bid contract from Clinton?

You do realize the deficit was GOING DOWN before 2008.

And don't forget Bush had a DEM CONTROLLED SENATE for his later years in office.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Those "pretty pictures" represent numbers and facts (something people who blurt out mere opinions lack.)

No. They represent statistics. And anyone who knows anything about statistics knows how easy it is to create all kinds of new "realities" from them.

As one fellow said, their are lies, @#$% lies, and statistics...

Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Should the Republicans allow Obama to continue to spend our way to Athens?
^^^ This!!! We need spending cuts. Even if it hurts. No wonder so many Americans can't manage their own personal finances. Obama is setting a very bad example by ignoring simple math and supporting entitlements to those who don't deserve them.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Uh, you forgot 9-11 and Katrina. "No bid contracts" Are you referring to Haliberton who got its first no-bid contract from Clinton?

You do realize the deficit was GOING DOWN before 2008.

And don't forget Bush had a DEM CONTROLLED SENATE for his later years in office.
How much did Katrina cost us? Not much. Besides, I am not saying there were no reasons to spend money, I am simply saying that vast majority of the debt accumulated in 2000-2008 could have been easily avoided since most of it went to unfunded tax-cuts, which is a hand-out, unfunded corporate welfare and undunfed massive expansion of medicare etc. It is a self-inflicted wound. You can divert the conversation to Clinton and Dems, but don't expect me to defend them. I am not a Dem, and didn't vote for Clinton or Obama, so I have no reason to defend their spending.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
^^^ This!!! We need spending cuts. Even if it hurts. No wonder so many Americans can't manage their own personal finances. Obama is setting a very bad example by ignoring simple math and supporting entitlements to those who don't deserve them.
Tell it to Congress. Why do you think there will be a battle over the celing? Because it is for Congress to authorize spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies