Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,422,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Nobody is fantasizing about anything and nobody in here is a gun nut so you can put that BS aside, you can use childish attempts at shaming people all you like but they don't work.

If you don't hold the US Constitution and our rights which it protects to be valuable then just step aside and let people who do hold them to be valuable stand up for you.

We've done it before, we'll do it again. You're welcome.
Oh please. Everyone knows the government is going to be seizing guns from law abiding citizens, but you guys keep posting about it. I've been reading the same crap for over 20 years since Clinton was elected. Everyone still has their guns though.

And I'm not impressed by your comments about "standing up for you and your freedom." I had ancestors who were killed serving in both the Civil War and World War II. My father enlisted and served during Viet Nam, so I understand the price of freedom. That doesn't mean the rest of us are impressed by your gun collections or vague chest thumping ideas of "freedom". It also means I should be able to live in a society free of mass violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,077,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
200+ years ago having a gun in your house may have been a threat to the government and helped to keep it in line. Your guns are not even a concern to the government. All they do is pose a threat to society if you do not secure them properly. That is assuming you are a responsible gun owner which I'm sure you are.

But please you gun lovers, please stop with the guns stop the threat of government tyranny because that is a myth. They are not the least, tiny bit concerned about your guns and the cops really are not that worried either. If you get out of line with your guns they have people to deal with you very efficiently.
That completely explains why the morons in DC have banned guns from being anywhere even close to their city. If my guns weren't a concern to the government we wouldn't be having this conversation. The fact of the matter is, weapons like an AR15 with a high capacity magazine are a threat to the gov. and that's why they want them banned.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So you're saying our military is infiltrated with potential traitors? May, I thought you righties loved the military. I guess it's just their guns you love.
The military is filled with people who took an oath to the Constitution, not to a tyrannical government.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
That completely explains why the morons in DC have banned guns from being anywhere even close to their city. If my guns weren't a concern to the government we wouldn't be having this conversation. The fact of the matter is, weapons like an AR15 with a high capacity magazine are a threat to the gov. and that's why they want them banned.
No, they're clearly more of a threat to the general population than they are to the government. That's why they need to be "well regulated."

Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Oh please. Everyone knows the government is going to be seizing guns from law abiding citizens, but you guys keep posting about it. I've been reading the same crap for over 20 years since Clinton was elected. Everyone still has their guns though.

And I'm not impressed by your comments about "standing up for you and your freedom." I had ancestors who were killed serving in both the Civil War and World War II. My father enlisted and served during Viet Nam, so I understand the price of freedom. That doesn't mean the rest of us are impressed by your gun collections or vague chest thumping ideas of "freedom". It also means I should be able to live in a society free of mass violence.
You do live in a society that is free of mass violence and it's because of guns used to protect you. Just because there were some honorable men in your family who came before you doesn't mean anything about you being ignorant of the facts. I'm sure your ancestors would enjoy seeing the spineless spawn they fought so hard for all those years ago.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
No, they're clearly more of a threat to the general population than they are to the government. That's why they need to be "well regulated."
No, they're clearly not a threat to the general population since the number of times they've actually been used in a crime is so low it's a fraction of a percentage. Kitchen appliances kill more kids every year than AR15s, I know the truth hurts but it's a fact.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
You do live in a society that is free of mass violence and it's because of guns used to protect you. Just because there were some honorable men in your family who came before you doesn't mean anything about you being ignorant of the facts. I'm sure your ancestors would enjoy seeing the spineless spawn they fought so hard for all those years ago.
Just because I don't happen to be a gun owner (have fired plenty of rifles in the past though, thank you) doesn't make me spineless. Neither does wanting to be free of the plague of mass shooting that aren't a problem in most other modern civilized democracies.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,776,932 times
Quote:
"It was written so we could shoot at the gov if it was ever taken over by tyrants"

Preach it Judge Napolitano via Twitter
If the government was taken over by "tryants" then the Constitution would not matter to them and honestly wouldn't care if you have the "right to shoot" from a Constitution they don't care about, and would just keep control with massively more powerful military equipment.

There is a reason the "civl war" in Syria is taking so long, and they have pretty crappy equipment. Why I don't mind gun ownership, thinking it is going to stop a "tyrantial" government is a falacy these days thanks to the massive increase in military firepower since the 1700s. Fair fights don't exist anymore.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 AM

1,137 posts, read 974,777 times
Quote:

Nowhere in the 2nd Amendment does the phrase "well regulated" pertain to firearms.

Evidently your reading comprehension skills could use some work, much like your logic.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Nowhere in the 2nd Amendment does the phrase "well regulated" pertain to firearms.

Evidently your reading comprehension skills could use some work, much like your logic.
Ok where is this "militia" it references then?

And if you think "well regulated" doesn't apply to firearms, then citizens should be able to own whatever weaponry they want, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies