Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 AM

420 posts, read 335,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Point?
Ummm...I asked you first.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:55 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Lesbian couple: Restaurant owner hands them letter condemning homosexuality | News - WCTI NewsChannel 12

The restaurant owned claimed that "God told him" to give the young married lesbian couple a handwritten semi-illiterate ramble:
God said in the last days that man and womn would be lover of self, more then lover of God.
That man and woman would have unnatural effection for one another.
Then, the coming of the Son of Man, who is Jesus.
So please, look at your life. See how it hurt everyone around your.
And ask the Lord to open your eye before it to late.

The Love of Christ
P.S. my daughter also was gay. It destroy her life and my grandson.
The couple had already eaten and paid for their meal. The owner accosted them in the carpark to give them his 'loving' letter as they were leaving.

Ironically:

The restaurant owner has long hair - which the Bible says is unnatural and shameful for a man.
He has tattoos and serves shellfish. An abomination!
He does business on the Sabbath. Against God's laws!
He was rude and inhospitable to strangers and guests- that's what got Sodom destroyed.

"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Or do you want to infringe on first amendment rights as well?

Old 01-13-2013, 03:57 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Even if you know the language there is always some ambiguity. How many here have written something only for someone to come, read it, and ridiculously interpret it?
Whenever someone claims the Bible 'clearly' condemns homosexuality, they are usually referring to what they have been told about either the 2 Leviticus verses (taken out of their original context of Molech worship) or Paul's sin lists of people who won't be entering the "kingdom of god" (1 Cor 6-9, 1 Tim 1:10). Or Sodom and Gomorrah - which was about the law of hospitality to strangers and guests and had nothing to do with homosexuals at all. Male rape is not homosexuality and was/is most often used by heterosexual men to dominate and humiliate other men.

How many people know that the first time the word 'homosexuals' was used in an English translation of the Corinthians verse was only in 1946? Or that it is impossible to honestly translate the Paul's original Greek word "arsenokoites" as 'homosexuals' because it is a masculine word that can't include lesbians - who are also included by using the word 'homosexuals'?

Or that the word had NEVER been used in secular Greek writings to refer to 'homosexuals'?

Or that none of the early church fathers who made it clear they were against male/male sex acts ever referred to Pauls 1 Cor 6-9 verse?

Or that the verse was used for centuries to condemn masturbation not homosexuals?

Last edited by Ceist; 01-13-2013 at 04:05 AM..

Old 01-13-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It just happened to me on this very thread...
I think that may have been because of your use of the phrase "they got what they asked for".

See your post:

Quote:
My question is, how did he know they were Lesbian and not just two friends having a meal? Was their conduct such that it made it obvious? If so then they got what they asked for.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
I have no idea..... I wasn't there.. I don't know if their conduct was out of line or not.
By virture of your comments, hets shouldn't touch or show any sign of affection in public.
Right.

Quote:
When I go to a restaurant with my significant other, I don't play tonscil hockey with her at a table. It's inappropriate. I have seen members of the G/L community virtually molest one another in public and most find it offensive irrespective if you are talking about straight or gay... IF they were involved in such conduct, then they got just exactly what they asked for, but if they didn't then the restaurant was out of line.. Just like a idiot Lib to jump to conclussions of what someone else thinks...
I call bull**** on your post.

And you have no idea that this occurred.
Painting with quite a broad brush, doncha think?

Old 01-13-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Body language between a lesbian couple and two platonic female friends should be obvious to anyone.
Sheesh, look at the way the blonde woman is looking at her wife.

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/C8/EE6AF4..._cfzmvmigf.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-13-2013 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 01-13-2013, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
Exactly. This is the nature of language, and of the mind itself. Though language is a wonderful and powerful tool, it is not equivalent to pure thought. We actually have to free ourselves from language to engage in pure thought. Meditation, mind altering substances and/or activities are used in such exercises. These exercises - rituals - are the historical basis for all spiritual/religious experience. In these cases, language is not such a powerful tool as it is an inhibiting one.
Ritual sex acts were used for spiritual/religious experiences and to worship fertility gods and goddesses too in ancient times. It had to do with abundance of crops and fertility of livestock etc.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it was still a rude thing to do. if he was so offended he should of showed them the door instead of taking their money. their life is not their business.

so anyone who feels 'called" to tell a stranger they need god is just doing what's right? how would you feel if someone came up to you and told you they didn't like your lifestyle, think you would accept it because they were "called" to it. yes in a word what he did was offensive.

on another note these ladies could already know the word of god.

Would it be rude to tell a stranger their second-hand smoke is harmful to others?

Would it be any of my business how a parent disciplines his or her child (spanking/worse)?

What a wonderful world it would be for the left if clear thinking people could just be silenced.

"how would you feel if someone came up to you and told you they didn't like your lifestyle"

Unlike many homosexuals and liberals generally, I would see if I could learn something from them.

I would ask questions that would require thoughtful responses.

If they are able to back up their admonitions with logic, I will have learned something worthwhile.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
Ummm...I asked you first.

Please be sure to get back to me when you have one to make.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
How? Females are naturally very touchy. And most couples get over the PDA after they've been together for a while. I think this story is made up to give the restaurant free publicity.
Why would he want such bad publicity? You should see his guestbook and the restaurant review websites. Most people are trashing him and his restaurants ratings have bottomed out.

Ironically he might get a few more religious bigots going there to eat shellfish on the Sabbath to support the owners condemnation of what they think is a 'sin'. I wonder if they will notice his long hair and tattoos (which are condemned in the Bible as well), or if any of them have divorced and remarried (adultery).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies