Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
No. It was on ABC nightly news.
Well they either reported false information or it was never on ABC nightly news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
If you research you will find out Obama's literary agent put that out with Obama's approval.....
"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other ."

-mariam goderich

Literary Agent Says 1991 Booklet was a Mistake

Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other ."

-mariam goderich

Literary Agent Says 1991 Booklet was a Mistake
She was lying covering for Obama. There was know possible way if she never talked to Obama that she knew to choose Kenya as his birthplace. And also if it was a mistake hypothetically, how could Obama not catch it himself, especially when that was his only source to promote him so he could find a publisher for his autobiography. You people are so gullible.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
She was lying covering for Obama.
It must really suck to be wrong every time, Steve. It really must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier
There was know possible way if she never talked to Obama that she knew to choose Kenya as his birthplace.
Ignoring that the word is "no," do you mean she was the only person on the planet who didn't know his father was Kenyan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier
And also if it was a mistake hypothetically, how could Obama not catch it himself, especially when that was his only source to promote him so he could find a publisher for his autobiography.
Since it had nothing to do with promoting him, your question is just another Steve McGarret misfire.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It must really suck to be wrong every time.
Sorry but it must suck to be totally wrong in your assertion about the publisher.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Sorry but it must suck to be totally wrong in your assertion about the publisher.
Come on, Steve. You can't possibly be that stupid.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 01-18-2013 at 01:43 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 02:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
What is the big deal here. I know people from both party's different colors and religions, who have always felt he was hiding something.

While others swearing up and down he isn't.

None of us i wasn't none of you were there when he was born, were you!

Anything is possible in this technical advanced age anything, to think not is ignorant.

I can on one side feel he is hiding something, while another part of me, questions this.

Anything in this tecnincal advanced age, can be duplicated to look as people expect it to look to say what others want to see

He may be he may not, at this point does it truly really matter.
Just for the sake of it, what if he were, you would most likely feel the same way about him, Right.

Does not matter where matters of the heart are and Obama media does not seem to care one iota, if it is truth or not. Anyone can make up lies to look as the truth, or the truth may be exactly that.

We are stuck with him, any way we look at it.

It either is correct or it is wrong, none of us were there, were you!

That also goes for all past President's also, we were not there for their births.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Anything is possible in this technical advanced age anything, to think not is ignorant.

Anything in this tecnincal advanced age, can be duplicated to look as people expect it to look to say what others want to see
you are arguing for the possibility that the COLB and/or the LFBC is fake when that belief is contradicted by four major points:

A): the HI dept of health has confirmed the validity of both the COLB and LFBC and the information on the documents.
B): the 1961 birth index, available to the public, confirms the information on the COLB/LFBC.
C): the contemporaneous newspaper accounts confirming the birth are available on microfilm in multiple libraries across the US including the library of congress.
D): the physical state certified LFBC was handled and photographed at a press conference. to believe the online version is a forgery is to believe the white house made an exact digital duplicate of an existing document.

Quote:
Just for the sake of it, what if he were, you would most likely feel the same way about him, Right.
if obama were found to be ineligible i would support an impeachment.

Quote:
...... none of us were there, were you!
nope, nor was i there for nearly the entire population. that's why we have state maintained vital records.

Quote:
That also goes for all past President's also, we were not there for their births.
but obama, the first to supply a birth certificate to the public, is the only one being questioned.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:27 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
1) I don't know if Obama is hiding his birthplace or not. Really don't.
2) At the same time, I couldn't care less. For me, it doesn't matter if he was born on the moon, Mars or on galaxy Andromeda.
3) What matters are his policies and what he does as potus. If you have honest criticism about his actions, say so, but this birther stuff is unconvincing.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
1) I don't know if Obama is hiding his birthplace or not. Really don't.
please see:

Barack Obama Was Born in Hawaii

26 points of evidence confirming obama's hawaiian birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies