Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:42 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Yes. This guy that won two resounding victories better fess up or he might loose that third term.
Some believe that he is working on cementing that third term, a' la Putin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 10:36 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,429,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Some believe that he is working on cementing that third term, a' la Putin.
"Some" also believe that the world is flat, the moon landing was a hoax, McDonald's is fine dining, that Catherine the Great died as a result of being a little too close to her horse, that professional wrestling is "real," and that the Buffalo Sabres should have won the Stanley Cup in 1999 instead of the Dallas Stars.

Just because "some" believe it doesn't make it true. I fully predict like every president in the history of the US (with the exception of FDR), he will step down at the end of his 2nd term, especially since it's mandated by that whole 22nd Amendment thing. If you're referring to Rep. Jose Serrano's Resolution to propose a repeal of the 22nd Amendment, where were you in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations when he did the same thing? Serrano has proposed the same resolution like clockwork every two years since 1997 and in every case, the resolution has never made it out of committee.

Last edited by garnetpalmetto; 01-19-2013 at 10:55 AM..

Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Just because "some" believe it doesn't make it true. I fully predict like every president in the history of the US (with the exception of FDR) will step down at the end of his 2nd term, especially since it's mandated by that whole 22nd Amendment thing. If you're referring to Rep. Jose Serrano's Resolution to propose a repeal of the 22nd Amendment, where were you in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations when he did the same thing? Serrano has proposed the same resolution like clockwork every two years since 1997 and in every case, the resolution has never made it out of committee.
Yes, but this is Barack HUSSEIN Obama, doncha' know? The commie/fascist/Marxist/Muslim wannabe dictator who was somehow installed in the office of the White House by some convoluted, twisted plot devised fifty plus years ago by his mother, the State of Hawaii, and Kenya (which we all know is where he was really born).

I do believe there are some out there who think that he will NEVER leave office willingly.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:05 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,429,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I do believe there are some out there who think that he will NEVER leave office willingly.
Except when some miracle Birther attorney like Taitz, Apuzzo, Padawan Pauly, etc. utters the right magic words to the right judge (they just need ONE honest one, folks!) and suddenly the long string of birther losses (what's it at now, 0-200? The Washington General have a better record than that!) will be reversed and that uppity Obama will be frog marched out of the White House tout suite!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:30 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Except when some miracle Birther attorney like Taitz, Apuzzo, Padawan Pauly, etc. utters the right magic words to the right judge (they just need ONE honest one, folks!) and suddenly the long string of birther losses (what's it at now, 0-200? The Washington General have a better record than that!) will be reversed and that uppity Obama will be frog marched out of the White House tout suite!
Sounds like a teabagger's wet dream.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:48 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
what's it at now, 0-200?:
total to date: 198
pending: 8
wins: 0
loses: 190

http://tesibria.typepad.com/whats_yo...ASE%20LIST.pdf

Harlem Globetrotters Theme song - YouTube

Old 01-19-2013, 03:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
What in your universe don't you understand that Bennett submitted for verification the following birth facts: male, Aug 4, 1961, Honolulu, Oahu, Stanley Ann Dunham, and Barack Hussein Obama.
Of your list here of six things, Bennet actually asked for none of them to be verified.

http://birtherthinktank.files.wordpr...pplemental.jpg

Old 01-19-2013, 04:24 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So a minority of Americans are morons, while a majority of Republicans are morons.

Republicans bring down the average IQ points of Americans.

Sounds about right
Your post sounds like fear to me. If there is nothing wrong what is the reason for so many attacks. I think you are afraid that 1/3 of Americans and 64% of the Republican party are right and you are wrong.

Last edited by NCN; 01-19-2013 at 04:36 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 04:24 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
"Evidently where you are concerned that is true. NCN"

Cowards and then mentally incapable use rep messages to pass on insults. Come on out of the closet and let's duel in public.

But thanks for the rep point, nonetheless.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:26 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"Evidently where you are concerned that is true. NCN"

Cowards and then mentally incapable use rep messages to pass on insults. Come on out of the closet and let's duel in public.

But thanks for the rep point, nonetheless.
You made an insane post and I answered it without pointing it out to everybody else. Just wanted you to know how I felt about what you said. I was being nice. You ought to try it one day.

The OP posted information and it was followed by an entire page of attacks that said nothing except you didn't like what he said. My son told me one day when others start calling you names that is the best sign that you have won the debate, because they have nothing else to add to the discussion.

I say it takes one to know one.

Last edited by NCN; 01-19-2013 at 04:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies