Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 04:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Well, not exactly. Some guns are manufactured outside of the U.S. but brought into the U.S. to add to the hellhole status of the U.S., and among those manufactured outside of the U.S. and brought here, some, too, have been sold to Mexico, so it can continue to be a hellhole as well.

The keyword here is hellhole. That's what gun nuts seem to like doing to countries. It's perfect! It justifies their buying even more guns, which creates more of a hellhole, which justifies buying even more guns, and creates even more of a hellhole, which justifies buying even more guns, and so on, circularly ad infinitum! See what an amazing buncha folks American gun nuts are?
And soon Mexicans will be justified in buying their guns from other countries such as China or Russia -- no one is stupid enough to think guns are only manufactured in the USA. And Mexico will profit from bringing guns to the USA for sale on the black market. Is anyone truly naive enough to believe the traffickers will suddenly abide by laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Default To be perfectly honest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And soon Mexicans will be justified in buying their guns from other countries such as China or Russia -- no one is stupid enough to think guns are only manufactured in the USA. And Mexico will profit from bringing guns to the USA for sale on the black market. Is anyone truly naive enough to believe the traffickers will suddenly abide by laws?
I don't much care about Mexico, since I'm not living there. I care about the U.S., since I am living here, and I resent the way gun nuts have turned my country into a dangerous hellhole.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:01 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Quote:
I don't much care about Mexico, since I'm not living there. I care about the U.S., since I am living here, and I resent the way gun nuts have turned my country into a dangerous hellhole.
It's nice to see that Saritaschihuahua avoids every question that they don't wish to deal with, and not just the ones from me

I'll rephrase the question in case you missed it Saritaschihuahua: If, by some chance, you could magically remove firearms from the United States tomorrow, what would you do when the Mexican cartels started bringing guns back into the country? Who do you think would be buying the guns from the Mexican cartels in the first place?

Old 01-20-2013, 05:36 PM

Default What's so difficult for you to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
It's nice to see that Saritaschihuahua avoids every question that they don't wish to deal with, and not just the ones from me

I'll rephrase the question in case you missed it Saritaschihuahua: If, by some chance, you could magically remove firearms from the United States tomorrow, what would you do when the Mexican cartels started bringing guns back into the country? Who do you think would be buying the guns from the Mexican cartels in the first place?
If there is strict gun controls, strict punishments would follow. Right now, it's a frikkin free-for-all because gun lovers don't want their almighty guns touched.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
If there is strict gun controls, strict punishments would follow. Right now, it's a frikkin free-for-all because gun lovers don't want their almighty guns touched.
Are you ever going to answer the question, or are you just going to continue to mouth off about everyone who doesn't agree with you?

Once again: How are you going to stop the Mexican cartels (who have proven themselves to be very adept at bringing illegal substances into our country) from selling illegal guns to criminals in the United States? Explain that, and I might start taking you seriously. So far, in at least 3 threads, you've managed to avoid using logic when it comes to the gun control debate. Try something new, you might find that you enjoy using logic once in a while.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:52 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Blacks & Hispanics are the biggest group of victims of gun violence in America. They tend to live in areas with higher than normal gun violence and criminal activity. Their support of gun-control measures sits around ~70%

According to the Conservative talking point (mostly coming from safe, rural America), we need to increase access & # of guns so people are safe from the criminals, otherwise only criminals will be armed. Yet the people that actually have to deal w/ criminals & gun violence overwhelmingly disagree with that position, and support gun control.

Which side is more credible in this discussion on what would be the best solution to tackle gun violence? People that deal w/ gun violence at a significantly lower rate or people that deal w/ gun violence at a significantly higher rate
They support it for the same reason they support abortion (which murders more black babies than any other racial group).

They support it because the DEMOCRATS support it. No need to examine why it's good or bad, as long as the right group supports it, Democrats.

Blacks didnt support gay marriage.....now because Obama is down with it, they like it too.

Blacks need to protect themselves from violent crime, more than ANY OTHER GROUP!!

But it doesnt matter. Democrats dont like guns equals blacks dont like guns. Especially if OBAMA says so.

SMH.....my people....

Old 01-20-2013, 06:01 PM

Default Re-reading often helps reading comprehension

Quote:
Are you ever going to answer the question, or are you just going to continue to mouth off about everyone who doesn't agree with you?

Once again: How are you going to stop the Mexican cartels (who have proven themselves to be very adept at bringing illegal substances into our country) from selling illegal guns to criminals in the United States? Explain that, and I might start taking you seriously. So far, in at least 3 threads, you've managed to avoid using logic when it comes to the gun control debate. Try something new, you might find that you enjoy using logic once in a while.
Return to the post in which I responded to this. Read it until you get it. It's not my fault you don't like my answer much. If what you're seeking is for me to agree with your freedom for guns argument, you're not going to get it.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Return to the post in which I responded to this. Read it until you get it. It's not my fault you don't like my answer much. If what you're seeking is for me to agree with your freedom for guns argument, you're not going to get it.
Evading the question is not responding to the question. Your "strict gun control" comment wasn't an answer, it was an evasion. I don't really care if you agree with my stance or not (especially considering that you've misinterpreted what my stance is), but you've made a habit of doing metaphorical drive-by posts in which you lambast people who don't agree with your point of view and deny the SCOTUS interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. All I'm asking for is a simple answer to the question of how you are going to keep illegal guns out of the country after you take all the legal ones away. Your posts in this and other threads have made it clear that you feel you have the answers that all the rest of us are still looking for, so I was hoping you'd share your wisdom.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 PM

Default ?

Quote:
Evading the question is not responding to the question. Your "strict gun control" comment wasn't an answer, it was an evasion. I don't really care if you agree with my stance or not (especially considering that you've misinterpreted what my stance is), but you've made a habit of doing metaphorical drive-by posts in which you lambast people who don't agree with your point of view and deny the SCOTUS interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. All I'm asking for is a simple answer to the question of how you are going to keep illegal guns out of the country after you take all the legal ones away. Your posts in this and other threads have made it clear that you feel you have the answers that all the rest of us are still looking for, so I was hoping you'd share your wisdom.
Oh for chrissakes. SOS.

Give me an EXAMPLE of the sort of answer you're looking for, because you are certainly looking for some sort of answer. What exactly are you looking for? Statistics????? A hypothetical anecdote or two???? What exactly are you LOOKING FOR? I've already told you that tougher gun laws will lead to tougher punishments. Obviously this will mean more arrests, more incarcerations, etc. What are you LOOKING FOR in the way of an ANSWER???

Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That's irrelevant to the discussion. The argument is that guns protect your from gun violence, yet the people suffering from gun violence disagree. Are you willing to tell someone on Chicago's southside that you know what's better for them & their community than they do?

So you're denying that Blacks & Hispanics overwhelmingly support gun control?

I'm just outside Detroit and can tell you from personal experience that if you live in Detroit or anyplace like it, your ability to make good decisions is suspect to begin with.

Pull your head out of your *** and move to Southfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies