Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 PM

24,396 posts, read 23,053,611 times

Advertisements

They don't. I work with many hispanics and I've listened to their conversations about guns and what they own or plan on owning. Years ago kids their age would talk about cars, todays it guns or video games. Another coworker is an african american and she has a CCP and talks about her shooting practice. They live in a dangerous city so they feel the need to own guns. Of course we have white people who also talk about guns. Its an interesting topic and I would join in but its just not one that I feel comfortable with at work. Hunting is okay, I'll talk about that.
I think its an issue thats used to bolster a general party platform, like global warming, abortion or healthcare. Your side supports it and if you want something else your side supports you kind of have to pay it lip service or run the risk of being ostracized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 08:38 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,315 times
Default Again, who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Gee, I can. You see, guns have been around for hundreds of years. Machine guns for well over 100, and can be made with commonly available machine tools. You need to understand...guns aren't some magic device that comes to life when some sorcerer dances over them.

Much, if not most of our pot, cocaine and heroin are smuggled into the country, particularly across our unprotected border with Mexico. If firearms are outlawed, why would you think that the same thing wouldn't happen with them?
If you people are so convinced you can manufacture guns as powerful as those of Smith & Wesson, well, hurrah for you. But I want the gun manufacturing corporations to go sell their guns abroad, not here.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I'm capable of defending myself. The only help I want is from my blood family and close friends. I don't ask anyone else to stand by me, and any police in my neighborhood are unwanted.
Spoken like a "true American." Good to see you aren't willing to stand and fight beside you fellow Americans, you just care about your butt.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:19 PM

198 posts, read 167,551 times
Well this has to be the easiest topic to answer I’ve see yet.

The reason Blacks and Hispanics are strong gun control supporters is because they or someone in their family are most likely to be on the barrel end of a gun while committing a crime. Guns in the hands of their victims endanger their lives so they want more gun control to reduce the chance of ending up dead.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 PM

198 posts, read 167,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
If you people are so convinced you can manufacture guns as powerful as those of Smith & Wesson, well, hurrah for you. But I want the gun manufacturing corporations to go sell their guns abroad, not here.
In ww2 people were turning out sub machine-guns in broom closets and basements to supply the war efforts. Anyone with a drill, file and small welder or pair of 12 volt car batteries and jumper cables can put together a Sten or Grease Gun that can burp out 600+ rounds per minute and the plans are available all over the place.

So imposing stricter gun control measures or out right banning them will only open the ways for black market conflict arms. And believe me, it's far easier to build full auto sub machine-guns than a semi-auto anything.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:11 AM

Default Good! Let's keep it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Problem View Post
In ww2 people were turning out sub machine-guns in broom closets and basements to supply the war efforts. Anyone with a drill, file and small welder or pair of 12 volt car batteries and jumper cables can put together a Sten or Grease Gun that can burp out 600+ rounds per minute and the plans are available all over the place.

So imposing stricter gun control measures or out right banning them will only open the ways for black market conflict arms. And believe me, it's far easier to build full auto sub machine-guns than a semi-auto anything.
If the only shooting weapons people can have, are those they can manufacture in their home, let's see how good they are. These should still be illegal to be owned, unless one is a profession that requires it (such as security guard, polilce officer, or Wells Fargo driver). But hey, that would give gun owners a whole new hobby rather than stomping around dreaming of being some shooter portrayed by some famous Hollywood star in some Hollywood movie.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
If the only shooting weapons people can have, are those they can manufacture in their home, let's see how good they are. These should still be illegal to be owned, unless one is a profession that requires it (such as security guard, polilce officer, or Wells Fargo driver). But hey, that would give gun owners a whole new hobby rather than stomping around dreaming of being some shooter portrayed by some famous Hollywood star in some Hollywood movie.
Maybe Obama's gun laws will work as well as the drug laws. And we can easily buy our weapons from the same types that import tons of drugs over the borders everyday. And they should have some pretty good weapons to supply us as Obama supplied them some very nice weapons with Fast and Furious.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:38 AM

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Maybe Obama's gun laws will work as well as the drug laws. And we can easily buy our weapons from the same types that import tons of drugs over the borders everyday. And they should have some pretty good weapons to supply us as Obama supplied them some very nice weapons with Fast and Furious.
Oh yeah? Feast your tiny eyes on this. Guess who's manufacturing the guns found in Mexico? Woohoo! The NRA's customers! U.S. manufacturers!

Guns in Mexico traced to U.S. - Washington Post

Old 01-20-2013, 11:13 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Oh yeah? Feast your tiny eyes on this. Guess who's manufacturing the guns found in Mexico? Woohoo! The NRA's customers! U.S. manufacturers!

Guns in Mexico traced to U.S. - Washington Post
Actually Obama and his Fast and Furious supplied them those guns -- but apparently you have not heard of that because the media is downplaying that.

Mexico has ships arriving from China filled with the supplies needed to produce tons of meth -- and if Obama were to stop supplying the cartels with US made weapons, they can be easily obtained from China or anywhere.

Obama certainly has not gotten any control over the southern border nor is he stopping tons of drugs from being shipped over it every day. Nor shortage of cocaine or meth -- there will be no shortage of weapons, and they'll be easier to get since no background checks will be required when buying them from the black market.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:01 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I don't know, you tell me, and let me know what you're getting at.
Outdoors.

If you want to reduce the occurrence of outdoor crime, how effective is it to argue for stronger indoor defenses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam's Cabin View Post
Why in a major city? Most have never seen a firearm fired by anyone other then a gangbanger or during a robbery, or shooting drive-by.
Exactly. The vast majority of those instances happen away from the home, not in the home. So if most of the crime that these people are witnessing is happening AWAY from the home, why would they want to fight to bring more guns INTO their home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually Obama and his Fast and Furious supplied them those guns -- but apparently you have not heard of that because the media is downplaying that.

Mexico has ships arriving from China filled with the supplies needed to produce tons of meth -- and if Obama were to stop supplying the cartels with US made weapons, they can be easily obtained from China or anywhere.

Obama certainly has not gotten any control over the southern border nor is he stopping tons of drugs from being shipped over it every day. Nor shortage of cocaine or meth -- there will be no shortage of weapons, and they'll be easier to get since no background checks will be required when buying them from the black market.
It's funny how everytime I start a thread to discuss F&F, none of you Conservatives want to stick around and explain how 29 of 30 straw purchasers the ATF built cases against were not tried b/c the ATF didn't have enough evidence...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies