Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 05:03 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,753,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Well, JimRon and I both gave our 2 cents, does that mean we get to split the million dollars?
As you yourself said, you & JimRon gave your 2 cents worth. Maybe, and that's a maybe, worth 1 cent each.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:04 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Which gun huggers were screaming incessantly about this here on this thread?
Not on this thread but on plenty of others.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:08 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
As you yourself said, you & JimRon gave your 2 cents worth. Maybe, and that's a maybe, worth 1 cent each.
Gee thanks.

I love how people go on and on and on about how no one is answering their questions and then when people actually attempt to answer the questions, the answers are either ignored completely or mocked. Good times.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

I wonder how long before the gun huggers resume their incessant screaming about how it wasn't really an assault rifle - even though that is what the State Police are calling it.

It seems to be a huge deal to them that assault rifles not get blamed for this kind of carnage.
Quite frankly, I'm past the point of arguing over the terminology. They can call it a pink and purple poofle for all I care, but that doesn't change the fact that assault rifles and rifles in general are used in less than 1% of firearms homicides.

But go ahead and blame the "assault rifles" or the pink and purple poofles, if it makes you feel better to blame an inanimate object for an act that was clearly carried out by humans, not objects.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Gee thanks.

I love how people go on and on and on about how no one is answering their questions and then when people actually attempt to answer the questions, the answers are either ignored completely or mocked. Good times.
I'm used to it at this point. Then again, I sometimes swing over to the mocking side myself, although that usually only happens when people are being purposely obtuse.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:19 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Do you live in Antarctica?
There's more staging going on in North America than in all of Hollywood combined.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:22 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
One thing I want to point out is that, in Connecticut, people are very reserved. We are private, don't sensationalize, don't exaggerate and generally shy away from cameras.
This is mind numbing craziness .... this poor grandfatherly victim of the conspiracy theorists .. Gene Rosen? This clown has had more face time in front of a camera than half the actors in Hollywood ... I watched a compilation of just his melodramatic overacting that lasted 1 1/2 hours. And of all the interviewees, he seemed to be more upset about the children than the parents who were interviewed .. and an upset, mind you, that seemed not to diminish in intensity days later as he repeated the same story, with all of the drama and sobbing for every news reporter on earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
The Connecticut State Police are known for being among the most professional LEA in the nation. They have been tight lipped about their findings, as they should be. More information will come out as the investigation comes to a close.
WHAT??????? YOU DID NOT SAY THAT !!! Look .... the first thing is, reporters were getting minute by minute updates just moments after the crime, regarding crime details that usually aren't released for days under the normally observed guidelines of a properly conducted investigation. How else could they have gotten information about the misidentified shooter and his mother being a school teacher, who was also dead on the scene, and the specific make and models of weapons found? All of which changed dramatically, with each hour passing, bringing a new story to replace the old one.

On a completely different level ... we have this "most professional" member of the CTSP Lt. Paul Vance behaving worse than a Nazi Gestapo Goon or an East German Stazi thug, making direct threats to investigate and prosecute people who may post what he referred to as "misinformation" on social media sites, instructing everyone that the only true information will come from "these microphones" (as he looks at the microphones in front of himself.) What a maniacal authoritarian azzclown! Hey Vance ... this is America ... the constitution? The 1st Amendment? Remember those?

Clearly, these direct threats of retaliation toward anyone challenging the official account of Sandy Hook (which can come only from those most professional authoritarian scum-bags like Lt Vance), is a red flag all on it's own.

I'm left wondering if everyone in the vicinity of Newtown has an equally loose interpretation of truth?

Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I'll bite on that one

There's a Latin term, "Cui bono?" It means "Who benefits?" In this situation, who is seeing a benefit politically? I would say it's those who are pushing for more stringent gun control legislation.

While it would still be a senseless tragedy, it would no longer be seen as quite so shocking if 2, 3, or 4 gunmen were involved in the massacre. And if the weapons used were handguns...

As it stands now, the "new and improved" AWB has very little chance of making it through the Senate, much less the House, but it at least has a chance to be passed due to the outrage over Sandy Hook... and it opens the way for future incursions on gun rights.
thanks for answering.

I'm not sure how several gunmen killing school children and their teachers would be less shocking than a lone gunman. If anything, it might be more shocking.

But anyway, you are suggesting that the real facts aren't being released because the government wants to use fabrications to bolster its gun control efforts. Is that correct?

Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I'm used to it at this point. Then again, I sometimes swing over to the mocking side myself, although that usually only happens when people are being purposely obtuse.
I am guilty of swinging over as well when things get to that point of ridiculousness. My sarcastic side just can't help itself at times.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
For those dissatisified with the American networks' reportage of what happened at Sandy Hook, did RT (a Russian media outlet) or Press TV (an Iranian media outlet) do a better job?
I don't know, but if a had a choice, I'd probably rather get my news from a foreign media source, rather then the American. They just seem to cover stories better and give a broader perspective on it. US media just seems to cover stuff in one dimension.

A story like Sandy Hook is difficult. Because the story still has to originate from the US media. But yeah, the foreign media will tell it like it is. Here is a quote from the Chinese media about Sandy Hook:

"School shootings happen often in the US. Can't politicians put away politics and prohibit gun sales?"

You will never hear CNN report something like that in a million years. They are too afraid of pissing off the gunnuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies